News & Discussion: General CBD Development

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: News & Discussion: General CBD Development

#2146 Post by SRW » Wed May 03, 2017 8:58 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:Mayfair Hotel management are in talks with the ACC about the installation of a road-side indentation on KWS for pick up and drop off which would also include planter boxes etc all at the cost of the hotel. The original proposal also had the request to create a paved mural of their logo from the gutter to the front door but this was rejected because it would ruin the street-scape unity of the city's main boulevard.
This was mentioned in the ACC thread. As I said there, the council should reject this outright. The hotel should have planned for valet on either Gilbert Place or Hindley St. They should not allow one of our busiest pedestrian thoroughfares to be compromised for vehicular access.
Keep Adelaide Weird

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2147 Post by monotonehell » Thu May 04, 2017 12:04 am

SRW wrote:
Patrick_27 wrote:Mayfair Hotel management are in talks with the ACC about the installation of a road-side indentation on KWS for pick up and drop off which would also include planter boxes etc all at the cost of the hotel. The original proposal also had the request to create a paved mural of their logo from the gutter to the front door but this was rejected because it would ruin the street-scape unity of the city's main boulevard.
This was mentioned in the ACC thread. As I said there, the council should reject this outright. The hotel should have planned for valet on either Gilbert Place or Hindley St. They should not allow one of our busiest pedestrian thoroughfares to be compromised for vehicular access.
Just out of interest; they are currently using the side entrance on Hindley Street for access.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!

#2148 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here for now. I'm looking forward to when Google update their 3D models for Adelaide. It's understandable that our last ones were about two years ago since they'd first focus on the States, then Europe before finally looking at the bigger Australian capitals first. We still need to have Vue, 115 KWS, Uni SA health, Adelaide Uni health, new convention centre east, the three south terrace apartments, Bohem and Grote. That said Apple is even slacker :P . The footbridge isn't even done.

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#2149 Post by mshagg » Wed May 17, 2017 11:45 am

Last time I looked Sydney was still as flat as a pancake on Google Earth.

Anyways. Anyone know what's going on at the SW corner of franklin and Morphett? They had signage up for a while about some new 'entertainment precinct'. Roof is currently off, seemingly having new trusses built and building is completely gutted.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#2150 Post by timtam20292 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:58 am

There has been talk about it already here but I cant remember which thread :oops:

mshagg
Legendary Member!

#2151 Post by mshagg » Wed May 17, 2017 3:23 pm

timtam20292 wrote:There has been talk about it already here but I cant remember which thread :oops:
Yeah the only information for the DA is "Internal and external alterations to create 4 tenancies"

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!

#2152 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Wed May 17, 2017 4:44 pm

mshagg wrote:Last time I looked Sydney was still as flat as a pancake on Google Earth.

Anyways. Anyone know what's going on at the SW corner of franklin and Morphett? They had signage up for a while about some new 'entertainment precinct'. Roof is currently off, seemingly having new trusses built and building is completely gutted.
Sydney has a handful of 3D buildings in the CBD, including the bridge and opera house, that were probably manually modelled. Still it's odd that the largest city in the country isn't in 3D.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2153 Post by monotonehell » Wed May 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Ser Noit of Loit wrote:
mshagg wrote:Last time I looked Sydney was still as flat as a pancake on Google Earth.

Sydney has a handful of 3D buildings in the CBD, including the bridge and opera house, that were probably manually modelled. Still it's odd that the largest city in the country isn't in 3D.
Google started with Adelaide. 'Cos we're better.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2154 Post by Ben » Thu May 18, 2017 3:00 pm

mshagg wrote:
timtam20292 wrote:There has been talk about it already here but I cant remember which thread :oops:
Yeah the only information for the DA is "Internal and external alterations to create 4 tenancies"
found this

http://www.realcommercial.com.au/proper ... -502369558
Attachments
morphett.JPG
morphett.JPG (62.57 KiB) Viewed 4366 times

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2155 Post by Nathan » Fri May 26, 2017 2:16 pm

Quite a lot of work going on behind the heritage facade of the Union St carpark, including the removal of a row of parks. Looks like we might be getting a row of retail/hospitality tenancies to compliment the rest of the Union St/Ebenezer Pl/Vardon Av area.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2156 Post by monotonehell » Fri May 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Nathan wrote:Quite a lot of work going on behind the heritage facade of the Union St carpark, including the removal of a row of parks. Looks like we might be getting a row of retail/hospitality tenancies to compliment the rest of the Union St/Ebenezer Pl/Vardon Av area.
I saw the temp fences there last night and thought it was just the council rejiggering the motorcycle parking there. Be nice if they did add some tenancies there like they have done on the Frome Street side.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#2157 Post by how good is he » Sat May 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Expect to see a hip new bar/cafe etc there. Peregrine/Shahin who own the building, got ACC, liquor license approval etc and have leased it for such.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2158 Post by monotonehell » Sat May 27, 2017 5:08 pm

how good is he wrote:Expect to see a hip new bar/cafe etc there. Peregrine/Shahin who own the building, got ACC, liquor license approval etc and have leased it for such.
Me likey!

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#2159 Post by Nathan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:51 pm

The skinny block holding the Budget rental yard on the corner of Frome St and North Tce is now up for sale. Zoned for up to 53m. Probably would be more valuable combined with the chest clinic site adjacent (are the government offloading that as part of the Old RAH?). Wonder if the Adelaidian developer will try to get a heritage listing for this one as well ;)

http://www.realcommercial.com.au/proper ... -502418806

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2160 Post by monotonehell » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:41 pm

[quote="Nathan"...Wonder if the Adelaidian developer will try to get a heritage listing for this one as well ;)...[/quote]
Zing.

Seems the Adelaidean development (Or tram extension? Both? Or RAH moving out?) has lit interest in turning over sites here around Rundle street.