[CAN] 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
raulduke
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:22 am

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#841 Post by raulduke » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:22 pm

what's so exciting about wyatt street? its a low rise rectangular office building with two levels of car parking?

User avatar
Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2336
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:46 pm

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#842 Post by Omicron » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:16 am

I know it's wrong to speak ill of the dead, but here's the 399 Bourke proposal for Melbourne that looks like a wave-less and more elegant version of our own proposal:

Image
Image

User avatar
Shuz
Banned
Banned
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:48 pm
Location: Glandore

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#843 Post by Shuz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:51 am

See, now I'd rather have the 399 Bourke proposal than our 'Wave' building...

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6722
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 1081 times

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#844 Post by Ben » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:55 am

Doesn't really matter because at the end of the day we aren't getting either. Stuck with our "Brown Box" dominating the skyline for the foreseeable future.

User avatar
joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:17 pm

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#845 Post by joshzxzx » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Ben wrote:Doesn't really matter because at the end of the day we aren't getting either. Stuck with our "Brown Box" dominating the skyline for the foreseeable future.
We may get the "spire" soon...

We can only hope...
South Australia the Festival State

User avatar
ynotsfables
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:15 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#846 Post by ynotsfables » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:43 pm

I know that most of us are pretty disapointed about all this , myself included. However i can't help but have this gut feeling that we may have to be patient to see what the ultimate outcome of this will be.
The reason why i say this is that even though this financial credit crunch is hurting, other oportunities may occur as a result, just like the bargain hunters buying cheap shares at the moment.
I still smell prosperity in Adelaide i can't help that feeling.

ricecrackers
Banned
Banned
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 pm

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#847 Post by ricecrackers » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:00 pm

ynotsfables wrote:I know that most of us are pretty disapointed about all this , myself included. However i can't help but have this gut feeling that we may have to be patient to see what the ultimate outcome of this will be.
The reason why i say this is that even though this financial credit crunch is hurting, other oportunities may occur as a result, just like the bargain hunters buying cheap shares at the moment.
I still smell prosperity in Adelaide i can't help that feeling.
wanna buy some of my shares?
If 50 million believe in a fallacy, it is still a fallacy..." Professor S.W. Carey

User avatar
Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2336
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:46 pm

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#848 Post by Omicron » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Ben wrote:Doesn't really matter because at the end of the day we aren't getting either. Stuck with our "Brown Box" dominating the skyline for the foreseeable future.
I like our brown box! Boo, hiss.

User avatar
skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2359
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm
Location: fassifern (near Brisbane)
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

[CAN] Re: #APP: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#849 Post by skyliner » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Will wrote:
adam73837 wrote:<SOB> :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry:
I saw that article in the paper today as well. I was really hoping that this would go ahead. It would have set a new benchmark and would have encouraged developers to push for taller buildings and for architects to expand their horizons. I guess it was just never meant to be :cry: . As soon as I get a Uni degree, I'm outta here! (I'm not criticising Adelaide for this being dumped, but I doubt something of this size will be put forward anytime soon). <SIGH>.
Another example of the toxic mentallity of the people of this city. In case you haven't realised this was dumped not because Adelaide is a hole but because of something called the GLOBAL Financial crisis. The word GLOBAL implies that it affects the whole world. And last time I checked we are in the world. This vibe that I'm getting in this thread is really sad. Some of you are making it seem that this project collapsed because it was in Adelaide. Under the current circumstances this project would have failed anywhere else in Australia.
WELL SAID WILL I FULLY AGREE. This is what others feed on and spread everywhere. Yes I was not happy at the loss of this bldg, but Adelaide is not the Adelaide of old. IMO it is on standby for the next lot of action and in a lot better condition than other capitals, where empty office space is much bigger and none have the prospects of the defence deals and the huge and encouraged influx of people to live in the city (highest of ANY CBD). AND on top of this the AFR states Adelaide is in a far better position to weather the financial collapse than any of the capitals except Darwin. GREAT!

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

ricecrackers
Banned
Banned
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 pm

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#850 Post by ricecrackers » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:59 pm

i'm not bothered either way, doesnt affect my life

it looked a pretty ugly beast though. like a messy stack of papers propped up on a bookshelf
If 50 million believe in a fallacy, it is still a fallacy..." Professor S.W. Carey

Mato2000
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:01 pm

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#851 Post by Mato2000 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:54 pm

I dont mean to be a dick in bringing back old forums but its been burnt into the back of my mind if any action has been taken now that the recession is out of the worst

Mpol
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#852 Post by Mpol » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:49 am

I don't understand. This was getting a lot of love when it was first proposed... and now? People don't like it?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6722
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 1081 times

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#853 Post by Ben » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:00 am

Mato2000 wrote:I dont mean to be a dick in bringing back old forums but its been burnt into the back of my mind if any action has been taken now that the recession is out of the worst
To me that makes no sense whatsoever!

If your asking has anything happened? ....

CLEARLY it would have already been posted. I hate how people think that for example our second tallest building would have started construction but no one on this website would have commented on it.

If anybody on this site knows anything... they generally post it as soon as they can!

BTW welcome I just get frustrated by people asking has anything happened on dormant projects when its obvious that nothing has or it would have been posted.

End of rant.

Brando
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 758
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 60 times

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#854 Post by Brando » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:29 am

Ben wrote:
Mato2000 wrote:I dont mean to be a dick in bringing back old forums but its been burnt into the back of my mind if any action has been taken now that the recession is out of the worst
To me that makes no sense whatsoever!

If your asking has anything happened? ....

CLEARLY it would have already been posted. I hate how people think that for example our second tallest building would have started construction but no one on this website would have commented on it.

If anybody on this site knows anything... they generally post it as soon as they can!

BTW welcome I just get frustrated by people asking has anything happened on dormant projects when its obvious that nothing has or it would have been posted.

End of rant.
Hahahaha, please note the time Ben posted this, 1:00am....i'm sure he just got home after a few drinks. :D

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6722
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 1081 times

[CAN] Re: #ONH: 20-22 Currie St | 123m | 31lvls | Office

#855 Post by Ben » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Brando wrote:
Ben wrote:
Mato2000 wrote:I dont mean to be a dick in bringing back old forums but its been burnt into the back of my mind if any action has been taken now that the recession is out of the worst
To me that makes no sense whatsoever!

If your asking has anything happened? ....

CLEARLY it would have already been posted. I hate how people think that for example our second tallest building would have started construction but no one on this website would have commented on it.

If anybody on this site knows anything... they generally post it as soon as they can!

BTW welcome I just get frustrated by people asking has anything happened on dormant projects when its obvious that nothing has or it would have been posted.

End of rant.
Hahahaha, please note the time Ben posted this, 1:00am....i'm sure he just got home after a few drinks. :D
:oops:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], NTRabbit and 11 guests