[COM] Uno Apartments | 53m | 17lvls | Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM] Re: U/C: Uno Apartments | 16lvls | Residential

#271 Post by UrbanSG » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Pic taken today:

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#272 Post by jk1237 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:37 pm

ok this doesn't look as bad in person, however I must admit I do have a fetish for commie block stuff. I may be alone in saying this, but looking down Bank St from Hindley Street, the urban-nest student towers look so cool imo, I love them. This uno will have more glass on the upper levels too which as shown above hasn't started. So I will wait for the finished product

RayRichards
High Rise Poster!

#273 Post by RayRichards » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:41 pm

jk1237 wrote:ok this doesn't look as bad in person, however I must admit I do have a fetish for commie block stuff. I may be alone in saying this, but looking down Bank St from Hindley Street, the urban-nest student towers look so cool imo, I love them. This uno will have more glass on the upper levels too which as shown above hasn't started. So I will wait for the finished product
+1

Any photo updates. Fellow shutter bugs?

Ray.

Thanial
Gold-Member ;)

#274 Post by Thanial » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Sorry to bump the thread but whilst having a quick browse on Emporis I realised that it lists the architectural height of this building as 53m, and roof height as 50, encase one of the moderators finally wanted to add the height to the title! :lol:

Here's the link encase you want to check http://www.emporis.com/building/uno-apa ... -australia

According to the website at least some good will come of of this building
"Of the 138 units, 30 of them will be set aside for homeless youth, and 27 units will be set aside for public housing, low-income earner rental, low-income purchase and for private sale respectively."

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#275 Post by Will » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Speaking of this building, today was the topping out ceremony.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#276 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't think anyone cares. We're all looking forward to the demolition ceremony in 30 years time. :P
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#277 Post by Will » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:26 am

From Sunday March 18:

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#278 Post by crawf » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:58 am

This looks so god damn ugly from the west. And to make things worse, this building combined with the blank walls of CC8 and Waymouth Exchange give the impression of one massive continuous ugly blank wall. It really is an eyesore.

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#279 Post by bm7500 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:10 am

crawf wrote:This looks so god damn ugly from the west. And to make things worse, this building combined with the blank walls of CC8 and Waymouth Exchange give the impression of one massive continuous ugly blank wall. It really is an eyesore.
+1
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#280 Post by wilkiebarkid » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:41 am

Thanial wrote:"Of the 138 units, 30 of them will be set aside for homeless youth, and 27 units will be set aside for public housing, low-income earner rental, low-income purchase and for private sale respectively."

How on earth can such a prime inner City location be used for homeless youth and public housing. That combination = SLUM.

If you bought one before this was announced you'd be mighty pissed off.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#281 Post by Will » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:08 am

wilkiebarkid wrote:
Thanial wrote:"Of the 138 units, 30 of them will be set aside for homeless youth, and 27 units will be set aside for public housing, low-income earner rental, low-income purchase and for private sale respectively."

How on earth can such a prime inner City location be used for homeless youth and public housing. That combination = SLUM.

This was known beforehand. This is no surprise.

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#282 Post by jk1237 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:37 am

wilkiebarkid wrote:

thats quite silly to say. The apartments above the bus station are for low income and some former homeless and I dont see that area full of crime and stabbings and slumness. Infact its better than it used to be. Will be far from a slum

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#283 Post by rhino » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:15 pm

jk1237 wrote: slumness
Bravo! Adding this one to my vocabulary as i type. :)
cheers,
Rhino

dsriggs
Legendary Member!

#284 Post by dsriggs » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:21 pm

wilkiebarkid wrote:

From the VERY FIRST post in the thread:
The development proposal could include affordable housing for the vulnerable and low-income workers or a 190-apartment complex.

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#285 Post by wilkiebarkid » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:06 pm

jk1237 wrote:
wilkiebarkid wrote:

thats quite silly to say. The apartments above the bus station are for low income and some former homeless and I dont see that area full of crime and stabbings and slumness. Infact its better than it used to be. Will be far from a slum
Give it time.