[COM] ANZ Tower | 84/99m | 22lvls | Office

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#526 Post by Pikey » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:43 am

Yeah, saw the lit up spire this morning - looked pretty cool
Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#527 Post by UrbanSG » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:57 am

Not sure where to put this one but I will chuck it in here because it has a view of CC1. Someone mentioned the building being demolished as possibly being heritage listed, thankfully it isn't. Bye, bye ugly buildings :D From today:

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#528 Post by Will » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks for the photo UrbanSG.

The building under demolition although it wasn't heritage listed, was described as a 'marvellous' example of the "New York, 1930s Lois & Clark" style architecture.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#529 Post by Ben » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:06 pm

Saw the spire lit up and I was dissapointed to say the least. It's just a white light. I was expecting it to change colours. It's nothing special and a waste of time. I thought if it lit up at night it would make up for the way it looks during the day but unfortunately not. :(

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#530 Post by Al » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:02 pm

beamer85 wrote:Saw the spire lit up and I was dissapointed to say the least. It's just a white light. I was expecting it to change colours. It's nothing special and a waste of time. I thought if it lit up at night it would make up for the way it looks during the day but unfortunately not. :(
It's just a see-through stair well lit up with flouros. Nothing more. Maybe if you cut the power to the building, then it might light up red with emergency lighting! :D

Pikey
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#531 Post by Pikey » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:25 am

This tower looks fucking awesome up close, especially since it's just been cleaned.

Gotta love big optical zoom! ANZ sign being assembled. Will look awesome glowing blue on the skyline.

Reflection maximus!

Walking on over....

| Sensational-Adelaide.com Moderator |

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#532 Post by Howie » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:36 am

Sure looks awesome there!

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#533 Post by UrbanSG » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:06 pm

Excellent pic updates Pikey! Pikey is back :D CC1 looked awesome lit up on its lower occupied floors last night around 8pm. Rainy, overcast winter days should be interesting too with this building. Can't wait until the whole tower is occupied and yeah that ANZ sign is comming along well. Adelaide is one big construction site at the moment, almost feels like a different city lately :D

PS It would be good to see at least a couple of these pics over on Skyscrapercity if you get a chance. Adelaide appears completely dead to the interstate members who are unaware of this site otherwise. Anyway up to you of course.

Snorkie
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#534 Post by Snorkie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:54 pm

ANZ signage now fully visible on the southern and western parts of the building. Honestly doesnt look that great in my opinion, especially the western side.

Thunderstruck
High Rise Poster!

[COM]

#535 Post by Thunderstruck » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:00 pm

Fwor that is one sexy looking building now the glass is clean. Geez I've just moved to melb and I really miss Adelaide already :(

TS :cool:
"He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are bastards" - Pratchett

Al
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#536 Post by Al » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:31 pm

Nice work Pikey. Yup, Adelaide's getting a nice dose of the glass treatment... keep it coming!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM]

#537 Post by crawf » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:37 am

Snorkie wrote:ANZ signage now fully visible on the southern and western parts of the building. Honestly doesnt look that great in my opinion, especially the western side.
Yeah it looks dodgy on the western side

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#538 Post by UrbanSG » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:52 am

A couple of pics from today to highlight the ANZ signage. Interesting driving by this bus driver, tourists look a bit worried :D I like CC1 but the blinds really get to me. I'll get over it though.

From lower Pirie Street:

Lookout shot with new nab sign up too. This nab building is one of my least favourite in Adelaide but at least they know how to cover the old signage up, unlike the Grenfell Centre.

Different lookout area:

I like the landscape in this one and the SA Water crane in the background. Can also see the old ANZ building, talk about moving on up:

Some people have said they don't like the ANZ signage on CC1. I am not sure what people were expecting? They look like every other ANZ sign you see around the place, exactly what I thought it would look like. I don't mind the signage.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#539 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:32 am

'Green' city tower filling fast

RHIANNON HOYLE, REAL ESTATE EDITOR

March 06, 2007 01:15am

THE city centre of Adelaide is abuzz with new residents as more companies continue to move their operations into the recently completed $143 million City Central Tower 1 in Waymouth St.

Tenants, which include ANZ, the State Government, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Lincoln Scott and the Australian Bureau of Statistics, began moving in last month.
Caversham investment, sales and leasing manager Ben Yates said all lessees would be in the 21-storey building - the biggest 5-Star Green Star certified project in Australia - by the end of this month.

Work on the retail areas of the complex are also expected by the end of the month.

"A range of businesses will be moving in, including Cafe Illy, Daily Bread and Sushi Train," he said.

There will also be Italian and Asian outlets as well as a full-service restaurant. Architect firm Woods Bagot, which also designed the building, moved in last week.

Director Andrew Ford said tenants, both in his team and in general, were thrilled with their new work environment.

"The daylight, environmental air quality and views are stunning," he said. "Everyone is delighted."

While there is still about 4500 sq m remaining to lease - equivalent to about 12 per cent of the building - work has begun on leasing Tower 2, currently under construction.

SA chief executive of leasing agent Colliers International, James Young, said he was confident the second building in the $700 million redevelopment, between King William, Waymouth, Franklin and Bentham streets, would be precommitted before construction is completed early next year.

ANZ, which has naming rights on Tower 1, added its logo to the western side of the building last week. State manager Paul McCarthy refused to release how much was spent on securing naming rights for the building but said it "was excellent value for money".

Tower 1 is the most significant office project in the city since 91 King William St, currently Santos House, opened in 1989.

ANZ's Adelaide head office will move from 13 Grenfell St later this month. However, a retail branch will remain at the current site.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#540 Post by AtD » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:53 pm

West:

South: