[COM] 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
Message
Author
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5516
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 513 times
Been thanked: 147 times

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#391 Post by Will » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:21 pm

mattblack wrote:Yep 2 seperate building. They will have nothing to do with eachother once built. The Intercontinental group is apparently looking closley into the hotel.
It has already been announced that the hotel will be operated by Crowne Plaza.

mattblack
Legendary Member!
Posts: 847
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#392 Post by mattblack » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:43 am

Will wrote:
mattblack wrote:Yep 2 seperate building. They will have nothing to do with eachother once built. The Intercontinental group is apparently looking closley into the hotel.
It has already been announced that the hotel will be operated by Crowne Plaza.

Well ther you go. Ill just go and tell the guy in the sales room for the appartments that he doesnt know what he's talking about and to join S-A for all the up-to-date info. :)

Professor
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 469
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Solomon Islands

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#393 Post by Professor » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:12 am

Thanks for the photos.

I have never seen a concrete pouring structure (ie like the one in the photos) raised. How do they do it. Also (please forgive my ignorance) do they flush the concrete out of the riser / pipes etc with water at completion of a pour?

Walkinshaw
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:25 pm
Location: Adelaide
Been thanked: 1 time

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#394 Post by Walkinshaw » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Professor wrote:Thanks for the photos.

I have never seen a concrete pouring structure (ie like the one in the photos) raised. How do they do it. Also (please forgive my ignorance) do they flush the concrete out of the riser / pipes etc with water at completion of a pour?
They will usualy "blow the lines down" back into the hopper of a truck or into a sedemntation tank at the end of a pour. They will pump foam ball through the lines to remove the wet concrete from the lines upon finishing the pour.

Professor
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 469
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Solomon Islands

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#395 Post by Professor » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks. I should walk down one day when they are pouring and have a look at the Hindmarsh Sq one. The concrete pumping technology and methods have certainly moved on in recent years.

UrbanSG
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 1848
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:55 am
Been thanked: 7 times

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#396 Post by UrbanSG » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:48 am

Pic taken today (plus in-car glare :D)

Image

User avatar
skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2359
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm
Location: fassifern (near Brisbane)
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 14 times

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#397 Post by skyliner » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:59 pm

A very busy site. Looking forward tothe completion date. HSQ is going to end up quite impressive soon. Pic not a bad idea for an avatar.

BTW - I am completely disorientated concerning the bldg to the right. Is it on Grenfell St adjacent to the apartment block? I only remember an old pub in this location.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

User avatar
AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 4581
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:00 pm
Location: Sydney
Been thanked: 1 time

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#398 Post by AtD » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:45 pm

The building on the right is the Griffen's Head.

User avatar
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5466
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Adelaide, East End.
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 288 times
Contact:

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#399 Post by monotonehell » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:16 am

skyliner wrote:A very busy site. Looking forward tothe completion date. HSQ is going to end up quite impressive soon. Pic not a bad idea for an avatar.

BTW - I am completely disorientated concerning the bldg to the right. Is it on Grenfell St adjacent to the apartment block? I only remember an old pub in this location.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Yes it is an "old pub". Actually it's where S-A's XMas get together was. Formerly the "Griffin's Head", now just dubbed "The Griffins" (needs more apostrophe). The pub fronts onto the square as well as Grenfell. The building you can see next that is the former home of HiFi Acoustics, which the pub is apparently expanding into.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

User avatar
Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2336
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:46 pm

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#400 Post by Omicron » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:18 am

monotonehell wrote:
skyliner wrote:A very busy site. Looking forward tothe completion date. HSQ is going to end up quite impressive soon. Pic not a bad idea for an avatar.

BTW - I am completely disorientated concerning the bldg to the right. Is it on Grenfell St adjacent to the apartment block? I only remember an old pub in this location.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Yes it is an "old pub". Actually it's where S-A's XMas get together was. Formerly the "Griffin's Head", now just dubbed "The Griffins" (needs more apostrophe).
Not necessarily. I seem to recall a room full of Griffins playing hopscotch whilst I was stumbling about at the Christmas drinks looking for the conveniences - perhaps they're just being literal.

User avatar
skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2359
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm
Location: fassifern (near Brisbane)
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 14 times

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#401 Post by skyliner » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks AtD and Mono - what threw me was the Hifi accoustics place. Have'nt been near the Griffin in years. The area looks a lot like inner Sydney or brisbane.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
Jack.

User avatar
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5466
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:10 am
Location: Adelaide, East End.
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 288 times
Contact:

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#402 Post by monotonehell » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:39 pm

skyliner wrote:Thanks AtD and Mono - what threw me was the Hifi accoustics place. Have'nt been near the Griffin in years. The area looks a lot like inner Sydney or brisbane.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
HIFI Acoustics (now deceased) has been there since the mid '80s. Ever since I can remember at least.
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

User avatar
skyliner
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2359
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm
Location: fassifern (near Brisbane)
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 14 times

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#403 Post by skyliner » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:22 pm

monotonehell wrote:
skyliner wrote:Thanks AtD and Mono - what threw me was the Hifi accoustics place. Have'nt been near the Griffin in years. The area looks a lot like inner Sydney or brisbane.

ADELAIDE - TOWARDS A GREATER CITY SKYLINE
HIFI Acoustics (now deceased) has been there since the mid '80s. Ever since I can remember at least.
That's when we left for QLD and have'nt observed there since. BUT... I'm still an Adelaide man to the core. Thanks again for the info guys.
Jack.

User avatar
jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 25 times

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#404 Post by jk1237 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Hiding behind the trees, I noticed this one is starting to shoot up now as i went past today. The core is atleast up to about level 6-8 on the south-eastern building. Cant wait for this one to be finished

User avatar
Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 2336
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:46 pm

[COM] Re: #U/C: 20HS | 53/49m | 15/14lvls | Hotel/Residential

#405 Post by Omicron » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:53 am

jk1237 wrote:Hiding behind the trees, I noticed this one is starting to shoot up now as i went past today. The core is atleast up to about level 6-8 on the south-eastern building. Cant wait for this one to be finished
In lieu of an on-site photograph, I've produced an accurate representation:

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests