[ City Central ] Masterplan Thread

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in the Adelaide and North Adelaide areas.
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: U/C: [ City Central ] Masterplan Thread

#301 Post by [Shuz] » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:50 pm

http://www.emporis.com/building/city-ce ... -australia

According to Emporis;

City Central Tower 4 is due to start this year, with completion date of 2016 - proposed height of 94m and 25 levels. Office tower. 2-10 Franklin Street / 141 King William Street.

City Central Tower 7 also due to start this year, with completion date of 2016 - proposed height of 53m and 14 levels. Hotel tower. 8 Franklin Street.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

ml69
Legendary Member!

#302 Post by ml69 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:24 pm

[Shuz] wrote:http://www.emporis.com/building/city-ce ... -australia

According to Emporis;

City Central Tower 4 is due to start this year, with completion date of 2016 - proposed height of 94m and 25 levels. Office tower. 2-10 Franklin Street / 141 King William Street.

City Central Tower 7 also due to start this year, with completion date of 2016 - proposed height of 53m and 14 levels. Hotel tower. 8 Franklin Street.
Pigs might fly.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#303 Post by crawf » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:44 pm

[Shuz] wrote:Temporary site office now erected on site. We'll see some action on this soon.
I work in the ANZ building, and saw a heap of workmen on the site below.

So glad this is FINALLY underway after so many years!

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#304 Post by Will » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:02 pm

According to Emporis;

The entries for either of these projects has not been updated for 3 years.

The reason they have not been updated is because there has been no concrete information regarding either proposal since then, hence there has been no reason to update the entry.

[Shuz]

#305 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:37 am

Will wrote:

According to Emporis;

The entries for either of these projects has not been updated for 3 years.

The reason they have not been updated is because there has been no concrete information regarding either proposal since then, hence there has been no reason to update the entry.
I must've done a boy look because I was trying to find a time/date stamp on the webpage and couldn't see one and so was reluctant to make my post in case someone like you were to pick up on what you did and say it's three years out of date!

Mind telling me where/how I can find out how old a webpage is or when it was last updated?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: [ City Central ] Masterplan Thread

#306 Post by Will » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:52 pm

From in-business.com.au
Electra House nearing completion
15 Dec 2014

The $10 million, three-storey transformation of the heritage-listed building Electra House in Adelaide’s CBD will open its doors to the public in February. Upon completion, it will have a capacity of more than 700 across all levels.

Located on King William Street, the facility will feature one of the city’s largest beer gardens, modern Greek restaurant Olea, and event spaces on the top floor.

Electra House interior designer Danielle Elia says the venue will add to the vibrancy of the newly activated Waymouth St precinct and redeveloped Victoria Square.

Alfonso Ales has been appointed executive chef, having worked in some of the world’s most renowned Relais-Chateaux hotels and Michelin star restaurants.

“The grand scale of Electra House bucks the trend of the boutique small licence pop up bars across the CBD and will appeal to people looking for something out of the ordinary,” Miss Elia said.

Electra House is the fourth stage of the master planned city central redevelopment that encompasses Waymouth, Franklin, King William and Bentham streets. It was designed by Studio Nine and Miss Elia, with construction carried out by Schiavello.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#307 Post by Ben » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Video from channel 9 news about the upcoming restaurant and bar.

http://youtu.be/Fp43pWWLeT0

jk1237
Donating Member
Donating Member

#308 Post by jk1237 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Electra House development and outside bar look good. I hope they leave the graffiti on the side of the GPO building as it looks very urban. I wonder if anything will go in the little square/thoroughfare

rhino

#309 Post by rhino » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:09 am

jk1237 wrote: I hope they leave the graffiti on the side of the GPO building as it looks very urban.
Sorry, I have to disagree 100% with this comment. Defacing someone else's property should NEVER be promoted, no matter how artistic it may be. If the graffiti was commissioned, then that's different.
cheers,
Rhino

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#310 Post by HeapsGood » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:23 pm

jk1237 wrote:Electra House development and outside bar look good. I hope they leave the graffiti on the side of the GPO building as it looks very urban. I wonder if anything will go in the little square/thoroughfare
A lot of room there. I wonder what the plan is.
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Zills
Gold-Member ;)

#311 Post by Zills » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:15 am

rhino wrote:
jk1237 wrote: I hope they leave the graffiti on the side of the GPO building as it looks very urban.
Sorry, I have to disagree 100% with this comment. Defacing someone else's property should NEVER be promoted, no matter how artistic it may be. If the graffiti was commissioned, then that's different.
Sorry, I disagree 101%. If it looks good, leave it. If the graffiti is just some lame tag, then THAT'S different.

rhino

#312 Post by rhino » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:03 am

So, if you were to come home this evening to find that someone unknown had graffiti'd your house, you would be cool with that? Who gets to decide whether it looks good or not?
cheers,
Rhino

[Shuz]

#313 Post by [Shuz] » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:18 pm

Went to Electra House last night. Very cool bar! A bit squishy when busy, but a nice addition to the area. Big yuppie crowd which was tdf.

Waewick

#314 Post by Waewick » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Hear a rumour that this deal was the entree transaction and the GPO development is to start next year.

Zills
Gold-Member ;)

#315 Post by Zills » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:48 pm

rhino wrote:So, if you were to come home this evening to find that someone unknown had graffiti'd your house, you would be cool with that? Who gets to decide whether it looks good or not?
That's a crappy example. Bottom line: graffiti sub-culture is one of the things that makes society more interesting and visually stimulating, legal or not. I don't want to live in your idealistic world Rhino :p

Back on topic! Does anyone have any photos from the Electra house upgrade? I'm overseas for 6 months..