Port Adelaide | Developments & News

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.

Re: Port Adelaide | Developments & News

Postby monotonehell » Tue May 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Norman wrote:Well, that was unexpected! Did the boat have insurance?

It's all a bit... something. :shock:
rev wrote:If this gets built I'll base parachute off the top of it in the nude.
monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Postby Brucetiki » Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 pm

What a coincidence
Brucetiki
High Rise Poster!

Postby Nathan » Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 pm

That's what happens when you buy boat moving services from Scoopon...
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Postby rev » Tue May 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Honey of a City wrote:There may well be a case for developing light rail through the Port given the massive housing development recently approved, the office development underway,and the tourism initiatives proposed. I'd like to see the light rail link from the current railway station through the rail museum, then around past the old Colac Hotel and Santo Parade, over to Dock 2, where a marine park featuring the City of Adelaide and other historic ships has been proposed. Then over the existing rail bridge on Port River to Semaphore Rd and down to Semaphore Jetty. Then ultimately changing the current heavy rail from Outer Harbour to the city to light rail. Would also love to see the Tram Museum relocate from St Kilda to the Port and running some of the vintage stock on the Semaphore route on weekends. Business case of course, but the combination of commuter and tourist patronage makes it worthy of a study. The demolition of the Port Dock Railway Station in 1963 was an absolute heritage tragedy. It was a unique and iconic building. A replica of at least the façade would be a wonderful thing at/near the Railway Museum.

All that's nice and such, but it wont change anything in Port Adelaide.
Port Adelaide will boom as a location, when the nearby heavy dirty industry is moved on.
Why would anyone want to buy property either as investment or to live in, when there's pollution heavy industrial sites nearby?
Yeh, here, spend a few hundred thousand on this lovely apartment. Sit out on your balcony or look out your living area window and enjoy the view...not.

The whole Port Adelaide area and Le Fevre peninsula need to be improved.
Everything from Rosewater/Ottoway to North Haven.
A new road should be constructed through Gillman, near Torrens Island & the market, with a bridge over to Le Fevre peninsula connecting to Victoria Road for freight trucks to connect to the container terminal.
rev

Postby rhino » Wed May 17, 2017 11:01 am

rev wrote:A new road should be constructed through Gillman, near Torrens Island & the market, with a bridge over to Le Fevre peninsula connecting to Victoria Road for freight trucks to connect to the container terminal.

That's what the Port River Expressway and the Diver Derrick Bridge are for
cheers,
Rhino
rhino

Postby rev » Wed May 17, 2017 3:53 pm

rhino wrote:
rev wrote:A new road should be constructed through Gillman, near Torrens Island & the market, with a bridge over to Le Fevre peninsula connecting to Victoria Road for freight trucks to connect to the container terminal.

Noo you don't say? lol
I'm suggesting that heavy freight traffic should be sent further north and further away from the centre of Port Adelaide.
rev

Postby GoodSmackUp » Wed May 17, 2017 4:32 pm

rev wrote:
rhino wrote:

Noo you don't say? lol
I'm suggesting that heavy freight traffic should be sent further north and further away from the centre of Port Adelaide.

Totally agree
A new tall bridge over the Port River with a new road that parallels Victoria Rd. Taking all industrial traffic off of the residential roads
GoodSmackUp
High Rise Poster!

Postby I Follow PAFC » Wed May 17, 2017 6:56 pm

The first wall has gone up for the Port Adelaide Government Office Development.
I Follow Port Adelaide (Power or Magpies)
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowPortAdelaidePowerOrMagpies
I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

Postby SBD » Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm

rev wrote:
rhino wrote:

Noo you don't say? lol

If you want to think really big, it's not that far from the St Kilda breakwater to Pelican Point power station. The Barker Inlet end doesn't need to be really high, only from Torrens Island to Pelican Point.

The trouble is that once someone builds a new road, things move to match, and then a new road is required again. Port River Expressway was out of the way when it was built. I'm more interested to see where SA's next container terminal will be, and who will build it.
SBD
Gold-Member ;)

Previous

Return to Metropolitan Development