News & Developments: Mawson Lakes

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

News & Developments: Mawson Lakes

#1 Post by Will » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:39 am

This new development is located on Euston Walk in Mawson Lakes.

This is what the real estate agent selling these apartments had to say:

(From Adcorp Property Group PTY LTD)

A’era Apartments stand out as a fine example of relaxed and refined living. The apartments are not only finished with a timeless approach to their design but they are also sensationally positioned in Adelaide’s premier residential Mawson Lakes development. Each apartment that makes up A’era has a contemporary but timeless architectural quality – born through the involvement of innovative designers and architects alike. A’era’s inspiration comes from London’s swank park front terraces with the apartments interiors a bold statement about luxurious living. Both the interior and exterior of A’era has been meticulously planned, designed and finished so that each luxurious A’era apartment doesn’t just stand out, but is seen as a symbol of privilege and prestige. A’era is a once in a lifetime opportunity and offers an impressive selection of spacious two bedroom apartments over 5 floors each with stunning skyline views. Interiors express contemporary elegance which is balanced by rich texture and colour. The end result is a harmonious balance between modern apartment living and comfort. Impecably refined finishes are evident throughout A’era. Each apartment is equipped with a ‘State of the Art’ very Vogue kitchen with stylish stone benchtops and your choice of either custom coloured glass splashback or tiles. A host of stainless steel European appliances including electric cooktop & electric oven, rangehood and dishwasher are included in the apartments stella line up of fixtures and fittings. Large open plan living spaces are a primary element in each of the apartment designs with these key living areas opening to large balconies to facilitate outdoor terrace living. The apartments luxurious appointments extend to the bathrooms which boast Italian and porcelain tiling. Other elements include the use of extensive downlights and your choice of either timber or porcelain flooring with plush quality carpeting to the bedrooms and lounge area. Other features include ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning, intercom, a home management system and card access to secure undercover carparking and lift. These stella apartments are ideally located within minutes of Mawson Lakes central shopping hub ‘The promenade’ where you can enjoy the areas array of shopping, cafes and entertainment on offer. Acres of parks and structured gardens are at your doorstep with panoramic views on offer from your own A’era apartment. Take a leisurely walk through Moloara Parks exotic Japanese gardens and enjoy the fields of irises which bloom alongside a natural backdrop of Australian natives. Stroll to work, especially if you lucky to work in Mawson Lakes own industry hub, or simply take the fast 13 minute city express train to central Adelaide CBD. A’era is a building worthy of such an incredible setting, such a unique position which cannot be replicated. Choose either the executive or premium fit-out scheduled for completion in late 2007. You can secure your apartment by deposit with no more further payments necessary until the apartments completion on settlement.

Howie
VIP Member
VIP Member

#2 Post by Howie » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:45 am

kind of looks like the top half of 223 north terrace. :D

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#3 Post by AtD » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:28 pm

This wouldn't be the first 5-story building at Mawson Lakes though. At least I don't think it is.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

COM - HMH Tower - Mawson lakes - 5 levels

#4 Post by Will » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:48 pm

I have found another 5 level development in Mawson Lakes. This one is called HMH Tower and it will be erected at 48 Garden Terrace. This building will be primarily residential however there will be some space on the first 2 levels for retail or commercial office space.

The building is designed by Spectra Building Designers.

For more information visit the development's website:

http://www.hmhdevelopments.com.au/play.htm

Jamo
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#5 Post by Jamo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:04 pm

Great to see some high density in the burbs, "tower" however seems to be an extravagent description?

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#6 Post by Edgar » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:10 pm

hah :lol:

but looks very average though :(

Edgar
Legendary Member!

#7 Post by Edgar » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:11 pm

If i were to get a property in Mawson Lakes, I would be better off landing in a piece of house :D

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mawson Lakes Development News & Progress Thread

#8 Post by AtD » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:14 pm

For those of you playing at home, you might not know what's going on up north. Mawson Lakes, what we all feared would become another sprawling featureless suburb, is producing some serious density. Apartments and town houses are the centre of attention, with new detached homes banished to the other side of Salisbury Highway.

Here's some random photos I took on Sunday:

On the Boulevard, across from Woolworths. Interesting to note there's an apartment block proposed that will be almost on top of Woolworth's loading dock.

On the Boulevard, again.

The following are random shots from the side streets. It's almost surreal, all these buildings designed to maximise land, surrounded by empty blocks.

This one town house struck me as odd

The train station. Each day the apartments grow closer.

And we're reminded how close to Parafield we are.

Although, to be honest, most of the architecture is horrid.

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

Re: Mawson Lakes - Not just another suburb

#9 Post by bmw boy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:51 pm

looks good (most)

lol... what are those staircases in the lake????? :? :?

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#10 Post by jimmy_2486 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:57 pm

I really like mawson lakes.

I hope they pump night life there like glenelg to complete the image.

Also some ala cart restaurants wouldn't hurt either.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#11 Post by Norman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:59 pm

I know a few people who live there, and it is a nice area. Amazing just how fast it grew though, it was all swamp land back when it was "The Levels". And the new interchange looks awesome IMO. Why can't all stations in Adelaide look like that :(

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#12 Post by jimmy_2486 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:27 pm

Well lets hope that station and the new oaklands one will set the new standard!!

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#13 Post by Cruise » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:30 am

bmw boy wrote: lol... what are those staircases in the lake????? :? :?
An incomplete stairway to heaven

but anyway lets play a little guessing game how much do you think an apartment is in this area?

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#14 Post by crawf » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:41 am

Mawson Lakes doesn't look to bad. It would be good to see a few 8-10 level buildings there

duke
High Rise Poster!

#15 Post by duke » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:59 am

Ah lovely, townhouses they are the way of the future. People are silly if they think they need a big backyard. Seriously, how many kids actually run around these days. If they do, thats what public parks are for. Most backyards these days are little more than a patch of grass.
As for front yards... What is the point of them. Patch of lawn that needs lots of water and chemicals to keep it looking green or your house looks daggy. Bring on the townhouses! :)

Price vs location, I think I would still rather live in the CBD. I have had a look at some townhouses at Maweson Lakes. The prices were not that competitive to the CBD.