[COM] Westfield West Lakes (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
pushbutton
Legendary Member!

[COM] Westfield West Lakes (Extension)

#1 Post by pushbutton » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:24 pm

It's not much, but for those who like to keep on top of shopping centre progress, there will soon be a JB Hi-Fi upstairs in Westfield West Lakes (site of the old casual living store).

To facilitate the success of this store Centre Management will be re-locating again (don't know where to) and new esculators will be installed from the food court to the upper level.

Not the biggest development of the decade, but good considering they only recently had a major upgrade.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

[COM]

#2 Post by Cruise » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:05 pm

About damn time for the escalators. Any idea whether they will be flat to allow shopping trolleys to travel up?

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#3 Post by pushbutton » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:37 pm

Shade sails going up on rooftop carpark now!

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

[COM]

#4 Post by AG » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:45 pm

pushbutton wrote:Shade sails going up on rooftop carpark now!
Like the bland cream white ones they have at Westfield Marion and Westfield Tea Tree Plaza?

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

[COM]

#5 Post by pushbutton » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:57 pm

What sort of shade sails would you prefer?

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

[COM] #PRO: Westfield West Lakes Expansion | $250m

#6 Post by pushbutton » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:03 pm

I heard it from a reliable source that Westfield are already planning another extension at West Lakes. Before you get too excited, it's not going to happen until at least 2009.

However given that they've really only just completed a major redevelopment there, it's pretty good!

The expansion plans at this stage would seem to include a new discount department store (so probably Big W) on the land situated between David Jones and Harris Scarfe, which is currently an open air carpark. Filling in the remaining space of that carpark would be a new mall linking the Harris Scarfe mall directly to David Jones existing side entrance, and an additional 40 specialty shops (approximately), most of which would be high end designer fashion stores.

To compensate for the loss of that carpark, a new multi-storey carpark (at least undercover and rooftop parking, as already exists facing McDonalds) is apparently planned for around the other side of David Jones.

Apparently these plans have recently been submitted to Charles sturt council for consideration, so expect the usual long delays, stupid objections and lots of changes before anything happens! Nevertheless an interesting proposal if nothing else. I just hope they don't make it look too ugly or loose too much open space in the process, as Westfield usually do!

JamesXander
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: Proposed: Westfield West Lakes extension

#7 Post by JamesXander » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:49 pm

The Carparks will pay for themselves after 4 AFL games anyway. They really should make the entire football side carpark double storey.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#8 Post by AtD » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:51 pm

I personally won't be happy until they include a train station.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#9 Post by Cruise » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:20 am

AtD wrote:I personally won't be happy until they include a train station.
your going to be disappointed for some time then

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#10 Post by AtD » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:25 am

Cruise wrote:your going to be disappointed for some time then
I know. :(

how_good_is_he
High Rise Poster!

#11 Post by how_good_is_he » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:12 am

Do you think when all the old fogeys of West Lakes die off in the next 20 years they will allow the lake to have multi-million dollar motor boats like the canals of Surfers? And what about opening up the access via Port Adelaide to the open sea?

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#12 Post by Xaragmata » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:11 pm

pushbutton wrote:I heard it from a reliable source that Westfield are already planning another extension at West Lakes. Before you get too excited, it's not going to happen until at least 2009.!
The reliable source was correct ... today's Messenger Weekly Times has the story of the $100m plan to expand WL by 63 shops and
685 car parks. The story with art work is at http://www.messengerwest.com.au/article ... _news.html

Looks like the new mall will run along the western side from David Jones with a new entrance near Harris Scarfe, with more outdoor
eating areas.

Omicron

#13 Post by Omicron » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:53 am

I'm so used to the single long mall of Marion that West Lakes seems like the most confusing little rabbit warren to me.

Cruise
Banned
Banned

#14 Post by Cruise » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:07 am

Omicron wrote:I'm so used to the single long mall of Marion that West Lakes seems like the most confusing little rabbit warren to me.

Ive always found Elizabeth the easiest to navigate its one corridor that goes around in a square shape but yes, west lakes is the weirdest.

Xaragmata

#15 Post by Xaragmata » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 am

Omicron wrote:I'm so used to the single long mall of Marion that West Lakes seems like the most confusing little rabbit warren to me.
I don't find West Lakes confusing, but I am used to it. Marion is too long for my liking, Elizabeth isn't too bad, but TTP is the one I find
confusing.