News & Developments: Bowden TOD

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Bowden TOD | Developments & News

#361 Post by Nathan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Been trying to find info on what is going up at 1–13 Sixth Street (corner of Park Tce). Work is well underway with the basement dug out, but it hasn't been put out to market yet. Couldn't find any DAs with both Charles Sturt or the SA Planning Commission either.

Anyway, managed to dig this up by searching for the original lot number. Bowden 163. Not sure who the developer is, but project managed by BDPM and designed by Vartzokas Architects.
(Render doesn't have a clue where it is though, that corner would be Sixth Street turning on to the start of the Park Tce bridge, and those hedges and trees on the right should be the 7 storey Nexus Apartments.)

http://www.bdpmaustralia.com.au/projects/bowden-163/

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#362 Post by Norman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Park Central from today

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#363 Post by Norman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:57 am

Updates from today

Park Central

Aeris on the Park

The Artisan

The Princes' somethingorrather

The Standard (?)

Nathan

#364 Post by Nathan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:13 am

The last shot is Bowden 163.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#365 Post by Norman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:11 am

Nathan wrote:The last shot is Bowden 163.
Thanks, I had to guess most of them

metro
Legendary Member!

#366 Post by metro » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Norman wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:57 am
The Princes' somethingorrather

Hope to see more of this style of townhouse *love-heart-eyes emoji* :applause:

[Shuz]

#367 Post by [Shuz] » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm

Townhouses look great! Very good blend of old and new architectural styles. Wish they'd differentiated between them a bit more... (different paint colours) / brick / masonry.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

urracas
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#368 Post by urracas » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:00 pm

any idea what is happening with Plant 1 (allotment west of Jarmer's) where they seem to be demolishing ?

Nathan

#369 Post by Nathan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 pm

urracas wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:00 pm
any idea what is happening with Plant 1 (allotment west of Jarmer's) where they seem to be demolishing ?
Being demolished. I've heard there's a chance the old facade along Park Tce may be retained, but I guess that would depend on the condition it's in. AFAIK the lot hasn't gone to market for developers yet, that'd probably happen once the site has been cleared.

urracas
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#370 Post by urracas » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Nathan wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 pm
urracas wrote:
Being demolished. I've heard there's a chance the old facade along Park Tce may be retained, but I guess that would depend on the condition it's in. AFAIK the lot hasn't gone to market for developers yet, that'd probably happen once the site has been cleared.
ah ok. yeah I quite like the red brick façade so hopefully it is retained. was hoping for commercial, not more apartments.

anyone know what commercial is going into the bottom of the 10 storey one that is going up infront of IGA?

also, the corner of Drayton and Sixth St is going to be a winery I think (the old stone factory building), anyone heard much about that?

Sorry for all questions, I just joined, live on Sixth St and am a town planner .

rhino

#371 Post by rhino » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:45 pm

urracas wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:31 pm
Sorry for all questions, I just joined, live on Sixth St and am a town planner .
Welcome to the Boards, it will be interesting to have a Town Planner here
cheers,
Rhino

urracas
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#372 Post by urracas » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:06 pm

rhino wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Welcome to the Boards, it will be interesting to have a Town Planner here
cheers, working in enviro planning at mo but town planner by profession

Nathan

#373 Post by Nathan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 pm

urracas wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:31 pm
Nathan wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 pm
urracas wrote:
ah ok. yeah I quite like the red brick façade so hopefully it is retained. was hoping for commercial, not more apartments.

anyone know what commercial is going into the bottom of the 10 storey one that is going up infront of IGA?

also, the corner of Drayton and Sixth St is going to be a winery I think (the old stone factory building), anyone heard much about that?

Welcome neighbour.

No insight on who has taken up the commercial tenancy in Park Central. The Park Tce side of Plant 1 is marked as 'preferred commercial at ground level'. Most of the retail/hospitality/commercial tenancies will be around the town square, more-so on the western/north-western side between the square and the train station. The urban design guidelines will give you some idea about that (although this version is two years old, so don't take it as gospel, but see pages 25 and 44).
https://lifemoreinteresting.com.au/wp-c ... n-2016.pdf

You are correct though about the winery, there's some development applications on the Charles Sturt website for it (I also saw some large tanks being installed last week).
http://www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au/page. ... 02&c=55836

Let me know if you have any other questions. I've been a resident since week one, and was on the Bowden Reference Group for a couple of years before it finished up.

urracas
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#374 Post by urracas » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:05 pm

Nathan wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Welcome neighbour.

No insight on who has taken up the commercial tenancy in Park Central. The Park Tce side of Plant 1 is marked as 'preferred commercial at ground level'. Most of the retail/hospitality/commercial tenancies will be around the town square, more-so on the western/north-western side between the square and the train station. The urban design guidelines will give you some idea about that (although this version is two years old, so don't take it as gospel, but see pages 25 and 44).
https://lifemoreinteresting.com.au/wp-c ... n-2016.pdf

You are correct though about the winery, there's some development applications on the Charles Sturt website for it (I also saw some large tanks being installed last week).
http://www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au/page. ... 02&c=55836

Let me know if you have any other questions. I've been a resident since week one, and was on the Bowden Reference Group for a couple of years before it finished up.
thanks mate
yeah they reference the art modern façade of plant 1 in the guidelines so fingers crossed its retained.

we really need a sturt street cellars type wine bar in Bowden, hope someone makes a move in that space soon

Nathan

#375 Post by Nathan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:12 pm

urracas wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:05 pm
we really need a sturt street cellars type wine bar in Bowden, hope someone makes a move in that space soon
There was plans for a boutique bottle shop / bar in Plant 4, in the back corner near the internal entrance to the IGA, called The Bodega. Apparently the same people that were going to do that were also looking into setting up either a micro-brewery or a distillery in Plant 3. Nothing has come of either though, my guess is it has completely fallen through.

Could definitely do with something along the lines of SSC or East End Cellars in the neighbourhood. There's Palais on Hawker for beer, but since they're wholesale, not really handy if you only want to pick up a six-pack (and they have odd opening times).