News & Developments: Bowden TOD

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Bowden TOD | Developments & News

#286 Post by Nathan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:33 pm

I believe that lot was originally marked for 8 story development, so that's a decent height increase.

It's the lot on the corner of Fourth St and Park Tce, behind the the smaller of the warehouses that are being retained.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.26.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 9.26.31 PM.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 4629 times

ChillyPhilly

#287 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:48 am

Wow, four levels of parking. That's somewhat anti-TOD.

I'm disappointed to see no evidence of the footbridge over Park Tce going ahead. Looks like there'll be a Pedestrian Actuated crossing leading to the North Adelaide station entrance.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Nathan

#288 Post by Nathan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:22 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:Wow, four levels of parking. That's somewhat anti-TOD.

I'm disappointed to see no evidence of the footbridge over Park Tce going ahead. Looks like there'll be a Pedestrian Actuated crossing leading to the North Adelaide station entrance.
I dare say some of that parking will be for the market building, which won't have any parking of it's own (due to it being adaptive reuse).

The footbridge is still on the cards, but implementation is still dependant on DPTI pulling the finger out of their arse on the Outer Harbour line.

Nathan

#289 Post by Nathan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:48 am

This appears to be the building, which the article claims to be 12 levels. Developer is Emmett Property, who are also responsible for The Merchant which is current under construction. Not the greatest bit of architecture in the area I have to say. Also, all the car parking above ground? No other building in the area has any parking higher than ground level (and even then, never visible from the main street frontage).

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#290 Post by AG » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:01 pm

Some creative project naming there... I am pretty sure there was another project called Park Central in Adelaide only a few years ago?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#291 Post by Ben » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:16 am

AG wrote:Some creative project naming there... I am pretty sure there was another project called Park Central in Adelaide only a few years ago?
Close that was Central Park. 20 hind marsh square next to crowne plaza.

EBG

#292 Post by EBG » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:23 pm

The article about the 12 story development was repeated in the business section of the advertiser today (9/2/2016)

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

#293 Post by thecityguy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:59 pm

I know a few people bought here, has anybody moved in? Could you tell us how your liking it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan

#294 Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:54 am

thecityguy wrote:I know a few people bought here, has anybody moved in? Could you tell us how your liking it?
I've been here since pretty much day dot. Living here for now has obviously come with the caveat that it's all very much a work in progress. Whilst we've been surrounded by construction, it hasn't been super disruptive (dust has been a bigger issue than noise). The streetscapes that have been completed are nice, and the priority on getting parks put in or upgraded has been good - all three have turned into excellent spaces (which is great for taking our son out to play).

RenewalSA has been very proactive in engaging the community (both new residents, and existing from around the Bowden area). There are some residents though who I'm not sure really "get" the intention of Bowden - those that you never see, and those that have multiple cars so that they end up leaving one in the street. I hope that changes and a greater percentage embrace things.

The real kick will be once the market and village green open in July, and the retail core starts to develop. The development has a lot of potential, and I'm excited to see how it progresses.

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

Bowden TOD | Developments & News

#295 Post by thecityguy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:10 am

Great to hear it's all well so farthanks, I drove through about a month ago and was impressed at how good it looked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeFe

#296 Post by PeFe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:38 am

If only the state government would commit to do something about the train line and the Bowden railway station !!!!

Nathan

#297 Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:04 am

PeFe wrote:If only the state government would commit to do something about the train line and the Bowden railway station !!!!
Yes. The lack of action by DPTI is frustrating.

Llessur2002

#298 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:43 am

Nathan wrote:Yes. The lack of action by DPTI is frustrating.
Do we know what the reason behind that is? Funding? Decision over OH line conversion to light rail? Logistics? General faffing around?

Either way it would be great for Bowden station to get just a little bit of love to make it look more appealing. A couple of new shelters, some renewed artwork and some (regularly maintained) planters should do the trick as a temporary solution. But then that could be said about many of the stations on the OH line...

To be honest, if I was one of the developers of shiny new apartments in a TOD within view of a crappy old station like Bowden I'd be chucking Adelaide Metro $50k to do something about it.

Nathan

#299 Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:47 am

Llessur2002 wrote:
Nathan wrote:Yes. The lack of action by DPTI is frustrating.
Do we know what the reason behind that is? Funding? Decision over OH line conversion to light rail? Logistics? General faffing around?.
I'd say equal parts decision over OH line conversion and general faffing around. The funding for Torrens Junction is already there.

PeFe

#300 Post by PeFe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:33 pm

From The Urban Developer.com
New $30 Million Bowden Apartment Project Set For Release

A $30 million, 12-storey apartment project at Bowden near the Adelaide CBD will be released to buyers for the first time this week.

Adelaide-based developer Emmett Property will officially launch its new Park Central project with an initial registration of interest campaign for the 65 high quality residences that will make up the development.

http://www.theurbandeveloper.com/park-c ... t-property