Housing Developments | Northern Suburbs

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
iTouch
Legendary Member!

Re: #PRO: Blakeview

#391 Post by iTouch » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Didn't Delfin do Golden Grove, West Lakes, Seaford Rise and Mawson Lakes?
Don't burn the Adelaide Parkland (preservation society)

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#392 Post by AG » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:36 pm

iTouch(myself) wrote:Didn't Delfin do Golden Grove, West Lakes, Seaford Rise and Mawson Lakes?
Yes.

Isiskii
High Rise Poster!

#393 Post by Isiskii » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:21 am

Is there anything Delfin hasn't done?

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#394 Post by AG » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Isiskii wrote:Is there anything Delfin hasn't done?
AV Jennings and Urban Pacific are developing St Clair if that means anything to you?

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#395 Post by Waewick » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:06 pm

don't forget promenade at Lockleys.

eKwatee
High Rise Poster!

#396 Post by eKwatee » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 am

AG wrote:
Isiskii wrote:Is there anything Delfin hasn't done?
AV Jennings and Urban Pacific are developing St Clair if that means anything to you?
I heard they upset some builders in this development, I heard they changed the encumbrances after several display homes had began construction, so buyers looking to build whats displayed in the development, now cant!

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Hardened Networked Army (HNA)

#397 Post by Will » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:54 am

From the Advertiser:
Regiment puts $600m home base on parade

David Jean From: The Advertiser April 18, 2011 12:00AM

Corporals Mark Krajina and Trynt Xavier are happy at their well-equipped new base, below, with the regiment's crest now a feature at the RAAF Edinburgh site. Picture: NAOMI JELLICOE Source: The Advertiser

DRIVING rain and tropical conditions can make Darwin's wet season a nightmare for military training.

So it's little wonder the soldiers of the 7th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment jumped at the opportunity of relocating to Adelaide - especially with the nearly complete, $600 million barracks being purpose-built for them.

The 620-strong Battalion Group now has settled into its new headquarters at the Edinburgh RAAF base.

While there still are teething problems, commanding officer Lieutenant Colonel Mick Garraway says his soldiers are ecstatic to be in Adelaide.

After an exclusive tour of the base it is not hard to see why.

From an HQ building decked out with the latest high-tech IT to armoured vehicle storage sheds touted as "enviro-friendly", everything is brand new - and really big.

Lt Col Garraway says his battalion will boast the biggest gymnasium in the southern hemisphere when work is complete within the next month. The new mess hall will be able to seat 3000.

Work on a small arms weapons simulator, urban operation training area, driver training zone and artillery simulator also are to be finished within six weeks, providing 7RAR with everything it needs to prepare for combat.

"The facilities are starting to come online," Lt Col Garraway says.

"We'll be really pleased when that weapons training simulator comes on.

"The gunners will be pleased when the indirect fire control simulator comes on and when that driver training area opens up, which is about three weeks away.

"We'll be able to do a lot of training just within this area here. That will maximise our time here in barracks, which we weren't able to do in Darwin as it was too congested.

"Those sorts of facilities were allocated to the whole brigade, not to the battalion, so we've been very lucky."

There are other reasons for 7RAR to be happy with the move to Adelaide. The climate is more conducive to training, and there is the life off base.

"For most of us we also didn't have any hesitation coming back closer to home," Lt Col Garraway says. "Its much easier to hop on a flight to the eastern states from here. So I think it has worked out pretty well."

There are plenty of reasons for South Australia to be happy to have 7RAR here, too. The Department of Defence spent $600 million building the battalion's barracks. It also has spent more than $150 million building or buying nearly 500 houses in the northern suburbs.

Then there is the $100 million in wages the group is paid annually. Much of that will be injected into the South Australian economy.

7RAR is made up of 500 soldiers. The group also includes the 80 soldiers of the 102 Battery and a logistic support element of 40 soldiers.

The 9 Combat Engineer Squadron is due to arrive in Adelaide late this year, while 7RAR has begun a growth period that may result in another 150 soldiers join its ranks by July.

"We've got a strong heritage of services and are composed of good, young Australians serving their country," Lt Col Garraway says. "I'd like to think we'll contribute positively to the South Australian economy and the South Australian community."

One of the new arrivals is Corporal Trynt Xavier, a Perth native who joined the battalion four years ago.

After four years in Darwin, Corporal Xavier says he is loving life in Adelaide.

"The facilities are far superior to anything else I've seen so far," he says. "Most people that joined 7RAR over the last few years went on the basis they knew they were coming to Adelaide. Its a new base with new facilities and everything is a lot better."

Not everything has gone smoothly for 7RAR since its arrival. In January The Advertiser revealed members of the battalion were furious at the condition of temporary accommodation at their new headquarters. Many are living in portable dongas.

The battalion also had expected most of the training facilities to be ready by now, but Lt Col Garraway says he always was aware there may be an overlap in timeframes for systems to come online

Omicron

Re: Hardened Networked Army (HNA)

#398 Post by Omicron » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:59 pm

$600m! That's a fair spend, especially when you consider that buying 500 homes only cost them $150m.

coldy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#399 Post by coldy » Thu May 26, 2011 5:58 pm

all this new redevelopement stuff should be re-considered first and concentrate on upgrading the area's that they run off first
then build the new area's after that.

Just doesnt look right having old area's like elizabeth east or elizabeth downs then a complete new area sitting right beside those suburbs
looks very odd if you know what i mean..

coldy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Playford Alive Project

#400 Post by coldy » Thu May 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Straze wrote:
Two new public schools are under construction in the project area – Mark Oliphant B-12 College on greenfields land at Munno Para West (due to open in 2011) and the John Hartley B-7 School at Smithfield Plains (due to open at end 2010).
I live in the area that the Playford Alive Project is happening - the current high school at Smithfield Plains is currently named Mark Oliphant College which i have heard a rumor that the adult re-entry school at Davoren Park Para West Adult Campus is considering moving to the location, it makes sense if they do because it is close to Smithfield railway station and has a bus service to Elizabeth & Smithfield that stops on Coventry Road. The proposed John Hartley B-7 School is just up the road from me its opposite the John McVeity Community Centre (former YMCA) and is coming along quite nicely, this will definitely be open by the start of the school year in 2011. The schools that i know are shutting down are Smithfield Plains Primary School & Davoren Park Primary School. Swallowcliffe Primary School in Davoren Park behind the On The Run outlet is remaining where it is. According to the masterplan which was delivered to local residents says there is a proposed school in Andrews Farm close to the Petherton Road. Most of the homes from when i last saw a few months ago near Smith Creek in Smithfield Plains area are now demolished and i have also noticed some minor gutter and road repair happening on Easton Road and Blight Street in Davoren Park. I will keep you Sensational Adelaide members up to date with what i see happening in the area. If you have any questions please feel free to post in this thread and i will get back to you with an answer. :)
You forgot smithfield kindergarten school right beside the primary school. Also i believe the adult campus is trying to get
the old smithfield high school, but negotiations have failed because of the daycare centre isnt part of the education department

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#401 Post by pushbutton » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:58 pm

The whole point is that by surrounding older and less attractive suburbs with new and very attractive ones the older less attractive ones automatically attract investors and start to improve quite rapidly.

That has been shown to work well with various parts of salisbury becoming quite desirable because they are near Mawson Lakes, and even some bits of Kilkenny / Croydon starting to improve because they're near Westwood.

ChrisRT
Gold-Member ;)

#402 Post by ChrisRT » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:56 pm

pushbutton wrote:The whole point is that by surrounding older and less attractive suburbs with new and very attractive ones the older less attractive ones automatically attract investors and start to improve quite rapidly.

That has been shown to work well with various parts of salisbury becoming quite desirable because they are near Mawson Lakes, and even some bits of Kilkenny / Croydon starting to improve because they're near Westwood.
This is sometimes referred to as 'gentrification' - essentially the displacement of one social class (if we're talking in Marxist terms) by another. Usually a wealthier and more powerful class displaces a less well-off class. It can be very disruptive to a community when it breaks up established social networks.

Waewick

#403 Post by Waewick » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:21 pm

or people start to take pride in their place of residence...aka Daveron Park :?

ac83
Gold-Member ;)

#404 Post by ac83 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:48 pm

AG wrote:
iTouch(myself) wrote:Didn't Delfin do Golden Grove, West Lakes, Seaford Rise and Mawson Lakes?
Yes.
I don't think Delfin did do Seaford Rise. I'm fairly sure they went from Golden Grove to Mawson Lakes then to Blake's Crossing. Gawler East is next but looks to be stalling. There's rumours they may have the Dry Creek development if that goes ahead.

Delfin are great and creating their own community feel and certainly do bring an area up. Unlike other development they ensure to have a mixture of residential and commercial and to make sure the complement each other. Blake's has been a bit slow in terms on people buying possibly due to being a higher price than Playford Alive.

The area around Blake's isn't that too bad and all and I don't think Blake's would work against it. In fact I reckon it complements the existing area built in the early 80's mainly filled with blue collar workers.

Waewick

#405 Post by Waewick » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Isn't Playford alive a public development by the LMC?

it is one ugly project.