Page 16 of 17

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:29 pm
by Brucetiki
PeFe wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:09 am
Yes its definitely a Ramada Hotel for Elizabeth.
From the Urban Developer
Ramada Hotel Set to Open in Adelaide

Image

Work is set to begin in October on a $90 million hotel in Adelaide to complement an expected upsurge in population and jobs as the area experiences an infrastructure boom.

The 205-room hotel will be built at Playford Boulevard in central Elizabeth, one of the fastest growing areas in South Australia with the population expected to expand from 96,000 to 135,000 by 2036.

The hotel will operate under the Ramada franchise after an agreement between Wyndham Hotels & Resorts and land owner, Playford City Hotel Pty Ltd.

Wyndham, one of the world’s largest hotel franchising companies, owns 9,200 hotels across more than 80 countries.

The hotel giant's Ramada brand operates 850 hotels in more than 60 countries. The Playford development will become the first Ramada hotel in South Australia.

Facilities will include a swimming pool, gym, restaurant and sports bar, along with meeting and conference spaces.

“Playford is emerging as the gateway city to the northern regional areas of South Australia and the hotel will play a significant role in city’s ongoing expansion,” Wyndham Hotels managing director Joon Aun Ooi said.

“We are proud to have a hotel of this caliber as the first Ramada by Wyndham hotel for South Australia, reflecting the standards of excellence the brand is renowned for worldwide.”

The building has been designed by boutique South Australian-based architectural firm MPH with consulting and asset management services being provided by Hotellerie.

The hotel’s launch will coincide with a significant expansion of Playford’s infrastructure, including the $885 million Northern Connector expressway and a $40 million ice sport and recreation centre.

https://theurbandeveloper.com/articles/ ... %20Reading
The ice centre is not going ahead, they didn't check their facts on that one.
Also not the first time the Ramada's been in Adelaide - the Playford on North Tce was a Ramada until late 2005.

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:23 pm
by Eurostar
Rite Price Grocery Clearance Store is closing at Elizabeth South. A new store is opening at Munno Para Shopping City.

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 pm
by Brucetiki
Eurostar wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:23 pm
Rite Price Grocery Clearance Store is closing at Elizabeth South. A new store is opening at Munno Para Shopping City.
Trying to think of where Rite Price will fit at Munno Para Shopping City.

I can't see Foodland, Kmart or Coles moving, which leaves Cheap as Chips, which I'd be surprised if they were moving. Unless they're taking over a block of shops in the mall.

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:58 pm
by SBD
Brucetiki wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:23 pm
Rite Price Grocery Clearance Store is closing at Elizabeth South. A new store is opening at Munno Para Shopping City.
Trying to think of where Rite Price will fit at Munno Para Shopping City.

I can't see Foodland, Kmart or Coles moving, which leaves Cheap as Chips, which I'd be surprised if they were moving. Unless they're taking over a block of shops in the mall.
Would it have to be in the mall? There are vacant tenancies facing Main North Road next to the older Chemist Warehouse, and I think a large one near Harvey Norman too.

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:23 pm
by Eurostar
From Rite Price Grocery Clearance Store's Facebook page Image

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:18 pm
by SBD
Eurostar wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:23 pm
From Rite Price Grocery Clearance Store's Facebook page Image
Shop 95 is in the southeastern building next door to the big pharmacy (used to be Shoe Shed). The shop next to it is also vacant and used to be Anytime Fitness.

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:03 pm
by TorrensSA
Shop 95 at Munno Para seems tiny for Rite Price, shop 96 seems to be empty so maybe they will take up both https://www.munno.com.au/images/stores/ ... _flyer.pdf - it will be ver close to the other Rite Price (cooling) lol

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 am
by Ben
Does anyone know if work has started on the Ramada hotel?

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:04 pm
by ChillyPhilly
Ben wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 am
Does anyone know if work has started on the Ramada hotel?
Not as of a couple weeks ago, at least.

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm
by Eurostar
Fairland's Almond Grove in Munno Para West is nearly sold out. According to land sales list Brookmont in Andrews Farm is selling well too.

Seeing how Northern Connector opens to traffic soon this will most likely reduce traffic on Main North Road, do you think there will be more of Hillbank or possibly land releases in One Tree Hill or Uleybury?

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm
by ChillyPhilly
Eurostar wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm
Fairland's Almond Grove in Munno Para West is nearly sold out. According to land sales list Brookmont in Andrews Farm is selling well too.

Seeing how Northern Connector opens to traffic soon this will most likely reduce traffic on Main North Road, do you think there will be more of Hillbank or possibly land releases in One Tree Hill or Uleybury?
Hopefully no more land releases; these areas are already too far from existing employment and services.

I also wonder how many of these dwellings were snapped up by interstate and overseas investors.

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 pm
by SBD
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm
Fairland's Almond Grove in Munno Para West is nearly sold out. According to land sales list Brookmont in Andrews Farm is selling well too.

Seeing how Northern Connector opens to traffic soon this will most likely reduce traffic on Main North Road, do you think there will be more of Hillbank or possibly land releases in One Tree Hill or Uleybury?
Hopefully no more land releases; these areas are already too far from existing employment and services.

I also wonder how many of these dwellings were snapped up by interstate and overseas investors.
How far is "too far", and what defines employment? Munno Para has the Playford Town Centre and Mark Oliphant College. There's a proposed new school in Angle Vale (and the existing Trinity College campus) and St Columba in Andrews Farm. A little further gets Gawler, market gardens and processing/packing around Virginia, manufacturing and warehouses around Edinburgh North and Edinburgh, Direk and Penfield, and there is more construction in most of those suburbs too. With the Northern Connector, it will only be half an hour to/from Osborne (by car but I doubt a tram would beat it if they built one).

Your hypothesis may be right if "employment" is only defined as working in a highrise building in the city centre, but it may be that people who define it that way don't buy houses in that area.

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:09 am
by Eurostar
SBD wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm
Fairland's Almond Grove in Munno Para West is nearly sold out. According to land sales list Brookmont in Andrews Farm is selling well too.

Seeing how Northern Connector opens to traffic soon this will most likely reduce traffic on Main North Road, do you think there will be more of Hillbank or possibly land releases in One Tree Hill or Uleybury?
Hopefully no more land releases; these areas are already too far from existing employment and services.

I also wonder how many of these dwellings were snapped up by interstate and overseas investors.
How far is "too far", and what defines employment? Munno Para has the Playford Town Centre and Mark Oliphant College. There's a proposed new school in Angle Vale (and the existing Trinity College campus) and St Columba in Andrews Farm. A little further gets Gawler, market gardens and processing/packing around Virginia, manufacturing and warehouses around Edinburgh North and Edinburgh, Direk and Penfield, and there is more construction in most of those suburbs too. With the Northern Connector, it will only be half an hour to/from Osborne (by car but I doubt a tram would beat it if they built one).

Your hypothesis may be right if "employment" is only defined as working in a highrise building in the city centre, but it may be that people who define it that way don't buy houses in that area.
Either way I think Playford Alive should just be halted, sell the lands to a developer.

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:23 am
by SBD
Eurostar wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:09 am
SBD wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:08 pm
ChillyPhilly wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm


Hopefully no more land releases; these areas are already too far from existing employment and services.

I also wonder how many of these dwellings were snapped up by interstate and overseas investors.
How far is "too far", and what defines employment? Munno Para has the Playford Town Centre and Mark Oliphant College. There's a proposed new school in Angle Vale (and the existing Trinity College campus) and St Columba in Andrews Farm. A little further gets Gawler, market gardens and processing/packing around Virginia, manufacturing and warehouses around Edinburgh North and Edinburgh, Direk and Penfield, and there is more construction in most of those suburbs too. With the Northern Connector, it will only be half an hour to/from Osborne (by car but I doubt a tram would beat it if they built one).

Your hypothesis may be right if "employment" is only defined as working in a highrise building in the city centre, but it may be that people who define it that way don't buy houses in that area.
Either way I think Playford Alive should just be halted, sell the lands to a developer.
Do you mean the urban renewal of ageing housing trust stock in Smithfield Plains and Davoren Park, or just the greenfield development at the northern end?

I'm not sure what the state gets out of being the developer for the greenfield area - perhaps a higher degree of control to charge sub-market rent to Woolworths or something? It still seems to charge market rates for other land. Even where they have flattened entire streets of old houses, it is effectively just a new housing estate. I'm not sure if they are doing big renovation jobs on many houses now, or if that was only a showcase "demonstration possibility" at the start.

Re: News & Developments: Elizabeth & Salisbury

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:35 am
by Eurostar
I mean both. Many other land developments started recently and are doing well including Almond Grove, Brookmont and Blake's Crossing. One of the shopping centres like Smithfield Plains should of been redeveloped instead of building on Greenfields land.

The council depot near Womma Station should be sold and should be turned into mixed residential/retail site