News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Metropolitan Developments

#991 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:24 am

Patrick_27 wrote:A few years ago, I recall plans to close Keswick Barrack and merge it into other suburban barracks. With that in mind, I can definitely see the government acquiring the LeCornu site and working with the Department of Defence to acquire the barracks to create a Bowden style development on this side of the city, capitalising on the new Wayville Train Station.
That'd be awesome. Common sense idea too! Years ago I mooted the Keswick Barracks as a site for a new RAH.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Waewick

#992 Post by Waewick » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:44 am

I have heard the lease has a 12 month development clause, looking forward to seeing who buys it.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#993 Post by Eurostar » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Old ampol at newton is now an Amart Sports store

Patrick_27

#994 Post by Patrick_27 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:00 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:
Patrick_27 wrote:A few years ago, I recall plans to close Keswick Barrack and merge it into other suburban barracks. With that in mind, I can definitely see the government acquiring the LeCornu site and working with the Department of Defence to acquire the barracks to create a Bowden style development on this side of the city, capitalising on the new Wayville Train Station.
That'd be awesome. Common sense idea too! Years ago I mooted the Keswick Barracks as a site for a new RAH.
It would be! My only concern would be that they retain the heritage components of both sites; which could be achieved easily..

Never even considered the area for new RAH, but if Ashford were to ever expand to cater for the increased private hospital demand one of these sites would be perfect.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#995 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Eurostar wrote:Old ampol at newton is now an Amart Sports store
Such a random spot to build an Amart Sports?

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#996 Post by Eurostar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:12 am

Brucetiki wrote:
In close proximity to Newton Central, Charles Campbell Schools and many sports clubs its in a ideal spot.

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#997 Post by Will » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Not sure of this development has been reported.

It is for a 5 level mixed use building on Fullarton Road, next to Victoria park.

http://dpti.sa.gov.au/planning/adelaide ... n_Road.pdf

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#998 Post by Torrens_5022 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:
In close proximity to Newton Central, Charles Campbell Schools and many sports clubs its in a ideal spot.
I used to work at the Dominos at Newton years ago, when they knocked down the petrol station there was a rumour going around it was going to be a Hungry Jack's. The site was vacant for like 9 years?

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#999 Post by Eurostar » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:58 pm

I could imagine many students from Charles Campbell Hugh School coming across Gorge Road if there were a Hungry Jacks built there. Don't know if Campbelltown Council would allow a Hungry Jacks anywhere in its council area.I prefer supporting the locals there when I can.

Darsfreer
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1000 Post by Darsfreer » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:40 am

Anyone know what's being built next to the old club metro building at Mawson Lakes? Looks like a petrol station.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1001 Post by crawf » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Darsfreer wrote:Anyone know what's being built next to the old club metro building at Mawson Lakes? Looks like a petrol station.
Got it in one....another OTR actually.

It was first presumed these recent works were related to the Foodland Plaza project. Unfortunately that is not the case :/

PeFe

#1002 Post by PeFe » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:40 pm

New hotel complex planned in Newton.
From the 'Tiser.
Rezz Hotel in Newton planned for demolition to make way for new $14 million hotel and function centre
HE popular Rezz hotel would be bulldozed to make way for a $14 million, five-storey function and accommodation venue under bold new plans.
Co-owners and brothers Richard and Fred Hamood are finalising a proposal for the Hamilton Tce hotel’s first major upgrade in 30 years.
The plans include 81 hotel rooms, a 300-person function room, a bistro, tapas bar and an alfresco dining area.
Richard Hamood revealed the plans to the East Torrens Messenger last week.
Pending one last investigation, he would submit development plans to Campbelltown Council within the next six to eight months.
Mr Hamood said the hotel, adjacent Thorndon Park, was in need of a facelift.
He hoped, once complete, it would attract large functions and interstate and international visitors.
The brothers hoped to bring in an international hotel chain to manage the hotel.
“With 81 rooms, we can attract interest from some of the major hotel chains like Ibis,” Mr Hamood said.
“We think there is a need for it in the area because if you come to Adelaide the only place you really stay is in the CBD or Glenelg and apart from that, there’s no where else that really offers that sort of thing.
“There’s a lot of things this can offer from a tourism point of view.
“There’s an opportunity for people to come and have a food experience.
“There’s also a strong cycling culture with the Tour Down Under and cyclists use a lot of the roads down here.”
Mr Hamood said the new venue would maintain its family friendly feel.
“The aim is to have a nice transition area from our hotel to the park.”
He hoped work would begin late next year and take 12-18 months to complete.
The Hamoods have owned Rezz, formally known as the New Reservoir Hotel, since 1965.
They took over the management in 2009 when the previous lease to Woolworths-owned Australian Leisure and Hospitality Group ended.
Campbelltown Mayor Simon Brewer welcomed the upgrade plans.
“I have long believed a reasonable level of at least four-star standard accommodation in the east would be very beneficial, both economically and for our social infrastructure,” Mr Brewer said.
“Since the Hamood family resumed the management, they’ve shown their commitment to the local community. I’m glad to see plans progressing.”

shiftaling
High Rise Poster!

#1003 Post by shiftaling » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:12 pm

Is there a thread or does anyone know the proposal and status of Norwood Oval redevelopment?

Patrick_27

#1004 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:04 am

shiftaling wrote:Is there a thread or does anyone know the proposal and status of Norwood Oval redevelopment?
My understanding is that it has been approved and construction will commence early next year.

ghs

#1005 Post by ghs » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:52 pm

The apartment project on The Parade is called Nuova Apartments. There's a large display centre
setup on The Parade. Looks like a bigger development then what I thought it would be - 36 apartments
in total.

http://nuova.com.au/apartments/