News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Rene
Gold-Member ;)

Re: News & Discussion: Metropolitan Developments

#1006 Post by Rene » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:44 pm

A funeral home site is to become new Hungry Jack’s (South Brighton)
Story from Messenger Newspaper: Click here for details

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1007 Post by monotonehell » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:03 am

Rene wrote:A funeral home site is to become new Hungry Jack’s (South Brighton)
Story from Messenger Newspaper: Click here for details
Something something soylent green...
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Bacon
High Rise Poster!

#1008 Post by Bacon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:00 pm

crawf wrote:Masters I believe (just a couple of doors down from Bunnings :P)
Will be interesting to see what happens with this site now that woolies has announced that it's dumping masters

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1009 Post by crawf » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:21 pm

^^
WOOLWORTHS has backed out of plans to create an additional near-300 jobs in South Australia, saying its under-construction Masters outlets at Noarlunga and Parafield will not be opened.

“Masters is committed to doing the right thing by our landlords and developers and we will be dealing with sites where construction is planned or underway on a case-by-case basis,” a Masters spokeswoman told The Advertiser.

“These stores - Noarlunga and Parafield - will not open,” she said.

The retail giant announced this morning it is finally pulling the plug on its failed Masters experiment nationally, placing the fate of more than 7000 employees at 63 stores nationally in limbo.

In SA, there are two Masters outlets at Mount Gambier and near the Adelaide Airport (next to the Ikea store).

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#1010 Post by Goodsy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:15 pm

crawf wrote:^^
WOOLWORTHS has backed out of plans to create an additional near-300 jobs in South Australia, saying its under-construction Masters outlets at Noarlunga and Parafield will not be opened.

“Masters is committed to doing the right thing by our landlords and developers and we will be dealing with sites where construction is planned or underway on a case-by-case basis,” a Masters spokeswoman told The Advertiser.

“These stores - Noarlunga and Parafield - will not open,” she said.

The retail giant announced this morning it is finally pulling the plug on its failed Masters experiment nationally, placing the fate of more than 7000 employees at 63 stores nationally in limbo.

In SA, there are two Masters outlets at Mount Gambier and near the Adelaide Airport (next to the Ikea store).
I wonder what will be going in there then, they've done so much work to Main North road around there to accommodate the new shops

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#1011 Post by neoballmon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:53 pm

Noarlunga has the box almost completely built.. (not sure about fit out progress). wonder who would take such a large space, given Bunnings is down the road, and it's external from Colonnades so they'd be unlikely to want it.

Maybe we'll get a southern (and northern at Parafield) Costco sooner than expected.
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1012 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:01 pm

I'd imagine Home hardware or Mitre 10 will take over where they can..

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#1013 Post by neoballmon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Woolies own Home as well, and they're selling that off too.
http://www.ibtimes.com.au/australian-ha ... uk-1501115

In a move that was perhaps already expected, Woolworths (ASX:WOW) said it is exiting the home improvement industry and will let go of its 63 Masters Home Improvement stores, as well as its Home Timber & Hardware business.
And if memory serves me right, Mitre 10 had a few big box stores in SA but it did t work out for them either.
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#1014 Post by how good is he » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:33 pm

My only thoughts are Costco could possibly buy the warehouses and make them work...thoughts? Is there any other business that would work buying the Masters sites? Storage unit complex?

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#1015 Post by Goodsy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:41 pm

how good is he wrote:My only thoughts are Costco could possibly buy the warehouses and make them work...thoughts? Is there any other business that would work buying the Masters sites? Storage unit complex?
They'll probably still be Masters, just owned by someone else

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#1016 Post by how good is he » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Ha! If Woolies (market cap. $30billion) in partnership with Lowe's (market cap $70billion) so a $100billion company can't make Masters work, do you think anyone else can??

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#1017 Post by Goodsy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:48 pm

how good is he wrote:Ha! If Woolies (market cap. $30billion) in partnership with Lowe's (market cap $70billion) so a $100billion company can't make Masters work, do you think anyone else can??
A company that isn't focused on short term profit, Masters was working it just wasn't working fast enough for them.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#1018 Post by how good is he » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:32 am

Are we talking about the same company? Masters has racked up $700m in losses in the short time it has been operating!

Vormund
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#1019 Post by Vormund » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:42 am

how good is he wrote:My only thoughts are Costco could possibly buy the warehouses and make them work...thoughts? Is there any other business that would work buying the Masters sites? Storage unit complex?
I can see Costco eyeing up the development in Noarlunga as it was part of the Colonnades expansion (including Aldi) but I don't see them picking up the Parafield location (which would be ok for me as it's slightly closer to me than the Churchill Road location) That's probably the reason really, Just one down south and one north would suffice.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#1020 Post by Ben » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:51 am

I think the one south could also potentially be an Ikea. They announced recently they were going to be opening a lot more stores and another 1 or 2 in SA.