News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: Marble Hill Mansion to be restored

#196 Post by Omicron » Sat May 17, 2008 11:55 pm

Now, when I read words like 'restoration' and 'rebuilding' in the context of Marble Hill, are we referring to the complete reconstruction of walls, floors, fixtures and fittings, as well as era-appropriate interior decor?

If so, that's absolutely wonderful news - a fabulously expensive and complex process, certainly, but what a brilliant plan!The ruins alone are worth a visit, so I can only imagine the appeal of the mansion in a Carrick Hill-esque state.

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

Re: The Terraces - Goodwood

#197 Post by Xaragmata » Sun May 18, 2008 2:14 pm

bmw boy wrote:
cruel_world00 wrote:What.the.hell....is going on with this site? I swear I have never seen a project of such small size take so long. It has looked the exact same way for a good 6 months now I reckon. Any news as to why it has taken so long?
haha just what I was thinking. The only progress on this site lately is a large patch of graffiti right up the top of it. somehting about 'apples..' lol
I had a look yesterday - not much changed in the last year, except the graffiti.
http://xaragmata.mooo.com/album/adelaid ... race1.html
Last edited by Xaragmata on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#198 Post by Norman » Sun May 18, 2008 3:48 pm

Maybe the developer is broke... anyone know who it was?

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#199 Post by Ben » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:21 pm

From the Messenger:
Wayville's rat terrace

Tim Williams

09Jun08

The unfinished apartment block on Goodwood Rd.

AN APARTMENT development at Wayville, left half-finished after three years by a legal dispute, has rats for residents and leaks stormwater "like Niagara falls", the neighbouring landlord says.

Rose Tce Lodge owner Paul Pledger says his staff regularly see a "procession of rats" on the dividing wall between his property and "The Terraces", the 47-apartment development started on the corner of Goodwood Rd back in August 2005.

"With 24 residents here it's always a worry," Mr Pledger said. "It's clearly a haven for them to breed."

He said rainwater also poured 'like Niagara Falls" from the roof of The Terraces, which does not have stormwater piping or guttering.

It leaves the driveway of Rose Tce Lodge water-soaked, Mr Pledger said, and it could not dry out as the new building blocked sunlight to that area.

Construction of The Terraces has stalled for long periods because of a financial dispute between developer Bob Moore, of company Wayville 283, and builder Commercial & General Projects.

Commercial & General Projects has claimed in the Supreme Court action that it is owed more than $2 million in unpaid accounts.

Work stopped between August 2006 and April 2007; the last on-site work was in October 2007, after 28 apartments were sold off the plan.

Mr Pledger also said he was still waiting for Mr Moore to install a promised new television aerial with a booster box to Rose Tce Lodge, to restore its reception after it was blocked out by the apartment block.

Lodge manager Roslyn Black said the construction had been "an absolute bloody disaster" for the boarding house. She said a three-storey wall facing the rear of the lodge remained unpainted, while vandals had spread graffiti inside the unoccupied site.

Intruders regularly broke into the property and activated an alarm, but in recent weeks the alarm no longer seemed to be working, she said.

Mr Moore said a private security firm visited the site twice a day and he would look into the rat and stormwater problems.

Commercial & General Projects declined to comment.

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#200 Post by wilkiebarkid » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:11 pm

Bob Moore should be behind bars! He's a low-life crook who duds everyone he comes into contact with. And yes, he has cost me a fair whack due to his ability to remain somewhat invisible when his dodgy practices are uncovered.

I find it amazing in this day and age that these rodents can continually operate through a maze of companies and trading entities to end up at the same result...lots of people owed lots of momey.

Pants
VIP Member
VIP Member

#201 Post by Pants » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:21 pm

If Mr Moore's lawyers are reading this... the opinions expressed in the above post are those of wilkiebarkid alone and do not represent those of sensational-adelaide.com. Sensational-adelaide.com takes no responsibility for and makes no representations in respect of the statements or other material posted by members of this forum. Thank you. :D

wilkiebarkid
Donating Member
Donating Member

#202 Post by wilkiebarkid » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Pants wrote:If Mr Moore's lawyers are reading this... the opinions expressed in the above post are those of wilkiebarkid alone and do not represent those of sensational-adelaide.com. Sensational-adelaide.com takes no responsibility for and makes no representations in respect of the statements or other material posted by members of this forum. Thank you. :D
Yeh, thanks Pants, but have no fear, he hasn't paid them either!!

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Former Glenelg Gas Works Site

#203 Post by Norman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:30 am

From The Messenger (http://guardian-messenger.whereilive.co ... orks-site/)
Holdfast Bay Council members voted confidentially to approve the sale of the 4053sqm site, in Buckle St, to an undisclosed buyer, on July 8, although the contract is yet to settle.

The buyer is understood to be a developer who is planning 13 two-storey townhouses - but first faces a cleanup bill estimated to cost several million dollars and re-zoning approval.

It is understood the council was originally offered $750,000 for the site but this was later withdrawn and reduced to $120,000.

The council made a counter offer of $400,000 but has since agreed to the lesser figure of $150,000.

The Guardian Messenger understands the council has spent $280,000 on environmental and other reports on the contaminated site since September, 2003.
It is also waiting on Planning Minister Paul Holloway to agree to re-zone the site from commercial to residential.

The original Glenelg Gas Works, at Glenelg North, closed in the 1950s; Glenelg Council bought the site from the State Government in the 1970s, to use it as a depot.

In the early 1990s it was discovered to be highly contaminated and was later closed after the Glenelg and Brighton councils merged in 1997. It has not been used since.

A 2003 report confirmed soil and ground water at the site contained high levels of mercury, lead and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. After learning it could cost more than $3 million to clean up the site, the council, in 2006, started looking at selling it unclean. A 2007 valuation estimated the site was worth $2 million if cleaned.

Holdfast Bay Mayor Ken Rollond refused to confirm the sale last week, citing council confidentiality.
Surely they can do better than more townhouses.

Site is here: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-34. ... 5&t=h&z=20

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Former Glenelg Gas Works Site

#204 Post by Wayno » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:06 pm

i doubt anything much taller than 2-3 stories would ever get approved, hence townhouses are probably what will get built. This site is outside of central glenelg, and it would not hard to imagine the community anger against the council (and not just from locals immediately surrounding the site) if they started to approve highrise construction around glenelg in general.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#205 Post by cruel_world00 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:14 pm

This is now debacle territory. The new Exhibition Centre is no finished and this abomination is still sitting idle.

joshzxzx
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: U/D Lochiel park subdivision, Campbelltown.

#206 Post by joshzxzx » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:41 am

Here Guys a pic update taken from today...

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
South Australia the Festival State

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Happenings on Unley Road

#207 Post by Norman » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:48 am

A new fitness centre will be built on top of the current Target car park in Unley. Development plans were approved just a few days ago I believe.

sacred_june
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#UC: Lightsview (Hampstead urban renewal)

#208 Post by sacred_june » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:35 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned before (i couldn't find it) but Lightsview is a new suburb on the corner of Fosters rd and Folland ave (Near Northgate/Oakden).

Looks really interesting and quite nice to be honest. Great view of the city and a good website. http://lightsview.com.au/

Sorry if i'm bringing up old news.

kernelpanic
Sen-Rookie-Sational

Re: Lightsview

#209 Post by kernelpanic » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:25 am

I know we need more housing and high density is unavoidable, but I think it's tragic that we get another development that appears (from the layout) to give no consideration at all to orientation and placement of houses. The pessimist in me expects that Environmentally Sustainable Design won't play much of a role. We can only hope...

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Lightsview

#210 Post by AtD » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Thanks for that sacred june. Since the render includes some 5-story apartment blocks, it is the 131st project in the database.

Would anyone have an idea on the status of this? Since it has the SA Government as a backer, I would assume that it's at least Approved.