News & Discussion: Other Metropolitan Developments

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: General Suburban Projects & Discussion

#721 Post by Wayno » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Question: does anyone know what's happening on Greenhill Rd? There are lengths of large diameter (60-80cm) yellow/orange piping delicately supported on makeshift wooden frames along a significant length of median strip.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

#722 Post by 85trainfan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Wayno wrote:Question: does anyone know what's happening on Greenhill Rd? There are lengths of large diameter (60-80cm) yellow/orange piping delicately supported on makeshift wooden frames along a significant length of median strip.
I think its Gas Line upgrades. Marion Rd, Brighton Rd and other some Minor roads have had these Upgrades done on them in the last few months.
An easy way to spot what utilities are being installed is just look at the pipe color
Gas lines are usually Yellow (for Small diameter), Or black with Yellow Stripe.(for Large Main lines)
Recycled water is Purple
Electrical Conduit is Orange
Regards Jarrod

Any posts made are my own opinion and do not represent any organisation with which I am associated.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#723 Post by neoballmon » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Now that you mention the gas line upgrades, I remember now that there actually is a sign on South Road (southbound just before Richmond Road) advising that there will be gas line replacements on Greenhill Road. I don't know the exact dates though.
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#724 Post by claybro » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:07 pm

There was a sign on Greenhll road advising of traffic delays due to gas main upgrades about 2 weeks ago.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#725 Post by neoballmon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:10 pm

The Waterloo Station Hotel is making good progress on construction now. The building is starting to take shape, and looks very similar to the shape of the old hotel.

Nearmap photos of the fire damage (http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-34.754448,1 ... d=20110424) look like the whole hotel wasn't ruined. Having never been there, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing the building was in a pretty run down state, and it was more advantagous to the owners (Coles Hotels, I believe) to re-build from the ground up?
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Xaragmata

#726 Post by Xaragmata » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:31 am

neoballmon wrote:The Waterloo Station Hotel is making good progress on construction now. The building is starting to take shape, and looks very similar to the shape of the old hotel.

Nearmap photos of the fire damage (http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-34.754448,1 ... d=20110424) look like the whole hotel wasn't ruined. Having never been there, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing the building was in a pretty run down state, and it was more advantagous to the owners (Coles Hotels, I believe) to re-build from the ground up?
Good news - we went to Charlies quite a bit, but the concept had become a bit tired - hope the new building has a better eatery.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: CBD Development: General

#727 Post by Ben » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:22 am

Ben wrote:I wasn't too sure where to put this. Will be interesting to see what the final result looks like, they have already started construction.
1. PROPOSAL
The application involves the removal of all existing advertising displays on the southern and
eastern faces of the ETSA building, at Lot 1 Anzac Highway, with a combined total area of 52.3
square metres.
The installation of a new, LED advertising hoarding with a total area 24.5 square metres to the
eastern face of the building with the following features:
? Screen dimensions of 6.4 metres wide by 3.8 metres high;
? Full outdoor LED Panels;
? Automatic brightness controller;
? Screen with downward tilt;
? Capability for full motion video display;
? Screen to completely conceal all structural supports from public view.

Sorry about the dodgy quality.... apologies about the picture too ;)

Looks a bit tacky IMO

Xaragmata

Re: News & Discussion: Metropolitian Developments

#728 Post by Xaragmata » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:01 am

Padman Health Care Resort / Henley Beach Rd / Lockleys

Xaragmata

#729 Post by Xaragmata » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 am

Mogas on fmr Liberty site / Brooklyn Park

marquisite
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#730 Post by marquisite » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:52 am

Xaragmata wrote:Good news - we went to Charlies quite a bit, but the concept had become a bit tired - hope the new building has a better eatery.
The replacement hotel won't be a Charlies / buffet restaurant. Instead it is to be an Aussie Steakhouse type bistro. Updates are posted to their Facebook page. The last remaining Charlies in metropolitan Adelaide is at Brighton, as far as I know. Others were sold off, converted to bistro setting, or in the case of Waterloo Station, burnt down.

Xaragmata

#731 Post by Xaragmata » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:11 am

marquisite wrote:
Xaragmata wrote:Good news - we went to Charlies quite a bit, but the concept had become a bit tired - hope the new building has a better eatery.
The replacement hotel won't be a Charlies / buffet restaurant. Instead it is to be an Aussie Steakhouse type bistro. Updates are posted to their Facebook page. The last remaining Charlies in metropolitan Adelaide is at Brighton, as far as I know. Others were sold off, converted to bistro setting, or in the case of Waterloo Station, burnt down.
Thanks, marquisite - the renders look good, & we'll probably return when it is completed.

Xaragmata

#732 Post by Xaragmata » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:15 am

Apartments & townhouses adjacent to the Findon shopping centre (Winona Street)

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Infill Developments | Metropolitian Adelaide

#733 Post by Will » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:15 am

There was a thread for this particualr development, however I have no idea what happened to it.

So, I assume this is the most logical site for this article.
Holdfast Bay Council approves first stage of Minda's $200m village at Brighton

Giuseppe Tauriello

November 30, 201212:00AM

Minda's $200m master plan development at Brighton - artist impression

THE first stages of Minda's $200 million village at Brighton have been given the green light.

The Holdfast Bay Council has approved the initial stages of the proposed 10-year master plan, which would ultimately see 288 retirement apartments in buildings ranging from three to nine storeys, and 33 houses and three apartment blocks built for Minda residents.

The 28ha site will include a wetland area, amphitheatre, community garden, coastal nursery, pedestrian friendly paths and integration with the coast park.

Minda chief executive Cathy Miller said plans had been updated following an exhaustive community consultation campaign. She said the project would set a new benchmark for disability-focused accommodation.

"This is one of the largest developments of its type in South Australia and we have taken an environmentally-responsible approach to our planning, which will include preserving the undeveloped secondary dunes and creating a wetland area which will attract wildlife and capture stormwater run-off," she said.

Ms Miller said the new accommodation would replace the existing "institutional-based" facility at the Brighton site which was "well past its use-by-date".

"We want to create a place where people with a disability have the opportunity to thrive in their local environments," she said.

The first stage of the project will see two three-storey retirement apartment blocks built at the north-western corner of the site on the corner of Repton Rd and The Esplanade.

Revenue generated from the retirement buildings will fund the subsequent stage, which will comprise eight single-storey group dwellings, two single-storey residential flat buildings and a three-storey residential flat building comprising 17 apartments to support existing Minda residents.

Construction is set to commence early next year and will take about 15 months to complete.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#734 Post by Wayno » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:29 am

Anyone know what's being built across the road from the Buckingham Arms? looks like it will be an odd shape, and ~10m tall.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

marquisite
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#735 Post by marquisite » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:26 pm

It is one of the pumping stations for SA Water. See here