News & Developments: Tonsley

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Message
Author
Mpol03
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 499
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: News & Developments: Tonsley

#151 Post by Mpol03 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:29 am

Looks fantastic based off of that render.

mattwinter
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 3:21 pm
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: News & Developments: Tonsley

#152 Post by mattwinter » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Plans for a 6 Level carpark to the North of the MAB are up on the planning comission website at the moment:

Starting to be a lot of cars parking around the area so will certainly be needed as the carparks get reduced and developed into housing / retail.

Image
Image

User avatar
omada
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 655
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:03 am
Location: Eden Hills
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: News & Developments: Tonsley

#153 Post by omada » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:11 am

Ahh what a modern "TOD style" development Tonsley promised to be - now we get the obligatory carpark. :applause: :applause:

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: News & Developments: Tonsley

#154 Post by claybro » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:42 pm

omada wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:11 am
Ahh what a modern "TOD style" development Tonsley promised to be - now we get the obligatory carpark. :applause: :applause:
Unfortunately car parking will be a feature of any large scale developement for the foreseeable future. All very well it is located adjacent to a train station, but until Adelaide is well connected with other train lines, and maybe cross metro services, these developments would never be viable without car parking.

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: News & Developments: Tonsley

#155 Post by SBD » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:55 pm

omada wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:11 am
Ahh what a modern "TOD style" development Tonsley promised to be - now we get the obligatory carpark. :applause: :applause:
Isn't Park'n'RIde transit-oriented? Surely a 6-level car park is better than the same number of parking spaces at ground level.

What I don't see the point of is the expanse of open-air ground level parking drawn around it. If those extra spaces are needed, then make it 7 levels and build apartments, shops and offices on that land.

mattwinter
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 3:21 pm
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: News & Developments: Tonsley

#156 Post by mattwinter » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 am

SBD wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:55 pm
Isn't Park'n'RIde transit-oriented? Surely a 6-level car park is better than the same number of parking spaces at ground level.
Yeah and as much as the train will make it easy for some people to get there, it's just acknowledgement of the reality that lots of workers and students won't live on the Tonsley line and be able to catch it south to the precinct... The ground level carparks are getting quite full already

SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: News & Developments: Tonsley

#157 Post by SBD » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:53 am

mattwinter wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 am
SBD wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:55 pm
Isn't Park'n'RIde transit-oriented? Surely a 6-level car park is better than the same number of parking spaces at ground level.
Yeah and as much as the train will make it easy for some people to get there, it's just acknowledgement of the reality that lots of workers and students won't live on the Tonsley line and be able to catch it south to the precinct... The ground level carparks are getting quite full already
I saw it the other way round. I see it as a car park for people who live in Aberfoyle Park/Flagstaff Hill and who might presently drive to the city or inner suburbs could drive to Tonsley and use the improved rail service instead. Something had indicated to me that Tonsley rather than Flinders would be the preferred station for that.

mattwinter
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 3:21 pm
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: News & Developments: Tonsley

#158 Post by mattwinter » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:29 pm

SBD wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:53 am
mattwinter wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:09 am
SBD wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:55 pm
Isn't Park'n'RIde transit-oriented? Surely a 6-level car park is better than the same number of parking spaces at ground level.
Yeah and as much as the train will make it easy for some people to get there, it's just acknowledgement of the reality that lots of workers and students won't live on the Tonsley line and be able to catch it south to the precinct... The ground level carparks are getting quite full already
I saw it the other way round. I see it as a car park for people who live in Aberfoyle Park/Flagstaff Hill and who might presently drive to the city or inner suburbs could drive to Tonsley and use the improved rail service instead. Something had indicated to me that Tonsley rather than Flinders would be the preferred station for that.
Yeah I think it's a bit of both.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests