News & Developments: Port Adelaide

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: Port Adelaide | Developments & News

#421 Post by Norman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:09 pm

metro wrote:Here is a crazy idea, maybe the Birkenhead Bridge could be closed to road traffic and make it pedestrian/cyclist only, there are 2 other bridges for cars to use to get across the River, plus the speed on the other two is 20km/h faster and the road surface much smoother.
I do like this idea.

Anyway, here is more info on the Quest apartments:

PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#422 Post by PeFe » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:04 am

Not the prettiest development, but maybe its the start of something good....

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#423 Post by Will » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:25 pm

Nice little apartment complex planned for the Port.

Called Wharf 10. Currently on sale.

Brochure:

http://www.wharf10.com.au/files/wharf10-brochure.pdf

I Follow PAFC
High Rise Poster!

#424 Post by I Follow PAFC » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:41 am

Floating village, water taxi proposed for Port River

HUNDREDS of floating homes and motel rooms would be docked on the Port River under a bold plan by an Adelaide developer.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 7576263366
I Follow The Port Adelaide Football Club
https://www.facebook.com/IFollowThePAFC/

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#425 Post by monotonehell » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:55 am

I Follow PAFC wrote:

HUNDREDS of floating homes and motel rooms would be docked on the Port River under a bold plan by an Adelaide developer.

Why take up waterway space with expensive to maintain fixed barges, when there's a whole decomposing suburb surrounding waiting for development?
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

Patrick_27

#426 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:25 pm

monotonehell wrote:
I Follow PAFC wrote:

Why take up waterway space with expensive to maintain fixed barges, when there's a whole decomposing suburb surrounding waiting for development?
Haha! Made my day, mono. Just had to tell you. :D :applause:

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#427 Post by how good is he » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Maybe the developer is betting on he won't have to pay anything (or a lot less) for the area he is building on (and no land tax, council rates, water rates etc) vs millions for the Govt/RenewalSA 40 hectares of waterfront land.
It may actually be far more feasible financially!

[Shuz]

#428 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:33 am

Any body within 200m of a shoreline is still considered a part of the land, so it will attract the usual council rates, land taxes, etc.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

PeFe

#429 Post by PeFe » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:10 am

From the Portside Messenger
Investors to breathe new life into State Heritage-listed Port Adelaide wool store building

The old wool store on Santo Pde at Port Adelaide has been sold for $1.5 million to The Ginos Group.
AN INVESTMENT firm that attracted restaurants, bars and cafes to trendy Adelaide laneways, wants to breathe new life into one of Port Adelaide’s oldest wool stores.

The Ginos Group has paid $1.5 million for the 1880-built wool store at 7 Santo Pde, next to Dock One at Port Adelaide.

The company’s property manager, George Ginos, said the State Heritage-listed stone building was “beautiful” and in a good location with plenty of floor space.

But he was tight-lipped on what he would do with the 6000sqm site, which was built as a wool store for Elder Smith & Co Ltd and has been empty for more than 20 years.

“We’re just working through to see what our options are with the space and what we can do,” Mr Ginos said.

“The building is the type of building we like to develop, old and underused, and that is where we find we can add value in other projects we have done.

“People are talking a range of different uses from commercial, residential, retail and so we are just working through that at this point in time.”

The Ginos Group bought all 10 properties along Leigh St in 2003 when more than 60 per cent of them were empty.

Josh Baker runs the Coffee Branch ... just one of the trendy cafes, bars to emerge since Leigh St’s makeover. Picture: Roy VanDerVegt
It has since been transformed into a trendy restaurant, bar and cafe strip.

The company then turned its attention to Peel St where it bought a large building now occupied by popular restaurants Peel St, Bread & Bone and bar Maybe Mae.

Ralph Tonkin, who owns neighbouring business National Storage, said the building would be ideal for apartments and an up-market restaurant.

“I’ve got 150 storage tenants here and they are constantly saying it would make a perfect spot for a nice restaurant,” Mr Tonkin said.

“I think you’d get people pulling their boats into Dock One and coming to eat there.”

Ray White Port Adelaide principal Nick Psarros said the building would be suited for “New York-style apartments”.

“That is what the market wants and at the moment there is just not enough supply so it really is a no-brainer,” Mr Psarros said.

“So if you have the cash, the money and the supply and you can buy you can easily do the fit out on the inside and you have the market already there.”

In 2013, developer Anton Schmidt planned to spend $5 million transforming the old wool store into an entertainment complex with a bowling alley and classic car gallery.

He dumped the idea amid public debate about an explosion risk at the nearby Incitec Pivot fertiliser plant.

However the State Government has since bought the factory, with a view to the company eventually moving off the site.

Incitec Pivot’s lease includes a clause banning the storage of potentially explosive calcium ammonium nitrate­ in the building.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#430 Post by Vee » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:25 am

Great news!
Huge potential and a catalyst for quality renewal in this interesting and historic area.

chang4
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#431 Post by chang4 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Quest Apartments in PT Adelaide well under construction.

Xaragmata

#432 Post by Xaragmata » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:29 am

Quest serviced apartments - last week:

Chats
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#433 Post by Chats » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:01 pm

Whilst at the Harts Mill markets this morning noticed that there was a drone flying back and forth overhead, recording footage of the area.

Went and chatted to the operators what they were filming for, and they said "a new development for Fletcher’s Shipyards area, so 3-d renders can be overlaid on the aerial footage". So be keen to see what is planned.

thecityguy
High Rise Poster!

#434 Post by thecityguy » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:57 pm

Exciting!! Hopefully residential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will
VIP Member
VIP Member

#435 Post by Will » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Not sure how realistic this proposal is.

From the JPE website.