[COM] Channel 7 Studios | $10m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

[COM] Re: New $10m Channel Seven Studio

#61 Post by crawf » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:28 pm

Theres going to be a special on today tonight at 6:30 about the history of the studios at Gilberton, should be good :).

Really for its size Adelaide has produced some awesome local made tv shows over the last few decades.

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

#62 Post by bmw boy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:50 pm

bm7500 wrote:It looks like a car crash... and it will probably cause a few too :roll:
hahah yeh, with people tryna read that news bar
MGR wrote:i look at this building every day while stopped at the traffic lights on my way to work in the morning and yet i still dont know if i like it or not? :?
lol yeh me too, I think since the seven logo with the back lighting has been put up it looks alot better.

Punishment466
High Rise Poster!

#63 Post by Punishment466 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:44 am

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#64 Post by Diamond » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:59 am

Punishment466 wrote:Image
You got a helicopter mate? :lol:
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#65 Post by crawf » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:14 am

I really don't mind it

Though my god did anyone watch today tonight last night?, I had no idea how disgraceful the Gilberton studio was. Worst working conditions for a major TV station.

Punishment466
High Rise Poster!

#66 Post by Punishment466 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:40 pm

Diamond wrote:
Yeah, took it out for an afternoon spin :P.
crawf wrote:I really don't mind it

Though my god did anyone watch today tonight last night?, I had no idea how disgraceful the Gilberton studio was. Worst working conditions for a major TV station.
It's not really as bad as it looked on TT. Most of it was abandoned due to the move. The editors have been using really old equipment though recently; had to dust off the old tape decks, and the graphic designers had to get their graphics recorded to tape since it was all digital.

It's a pain in the ass. I'm sure they'd all be very happy when they're in the new building. :D.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#67 Post by pushbutton » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:44 pm

mooshie wrote:Saw this in person on a quick visit to Adelaide last weekend.
I think it is great, daring, different, ugly, and just the kind of variation in style that Adelaide needs.
Congratulations to Channel 7 and whoever the local council is for that area for having the balls to approve this.
Remember it is a small building and the sky is not going to fall in because it looks different...
Hang on I'm confused.

You reckon it's UGLY, but you're congratulating Channel 7 and the local council for having the balls to approve it???????

You say it's the kind of variation in style Adelaide needs. Well if it's ugly, then I really don't think Adelaide does need it thanks!

mooshie
High Rise Poster!

#68 Post by mooshie » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:34 am

Yep I do think it is ugly, but I also think that variety is the spice of life.

You can't have everything appealing to all people, and half the problem in Adelaide is that this is what the people in power try to do so that we end up with bland boring designs that no-one cares about.

Just because I think something is ugly does not mean everyone else does, gotta have an open mind.

teflon fox
Donating Member
Donating Member

#69 Post by teflon fox » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:47 am

I like the design. I ride by to work quite frequently and find the building striking and appealing
in its own way. The use of the red, white and black colours add to the appeal rather than
just a bland grey or white structure. Good on them for trying something a little different

Xaragmata
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#70 Post by Xaragmata » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:42 pm

teflon fox wrote:I like the design. I ride by to work quite frequently and find the building striking and appealing
in its own way. The use of the red, white and black colours add to the appeal rather than
just a bland grey or white structure. Good on them for trying something a little different
I don't mind it, and compare it with Pete's Golf shop on a similar block on the corner of Henley Beach and South Rds. Pete went for bland.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#71 Post by pushbutton » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:08 pm

Ok then fair enough.

I haven't driven past since it has been finished, so I'll reserve my final judgement until I do see it for myself. Judging from the photos here though it doesn't look bad to me. I probably wouldn't say it was ugly.

I am pleasantly surprised how fast they built it too.

smee126
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#72 Post by smee126 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:19 am

Punishment466 wrote:
Diamond wrote:
Yeah, took it out for an afternoon spin :P.
crawf wrote:I really don't mind it

It's not really as bad as it looked on TT. Most of it was abandoned due to the move. The editors have been using really old equipment though recently; had to dust off the old tape decks, and the graphic designers had to get their graphics recorded to tape since it was all digital.

It's a pain in the ass. I'm sure they'd all be very happy when they're in the new building. :D.
Me thinks Punishment either works for 7 or has a relative who does, either a cameraman or Journalist , they are the only ones allowed in the chopper, giving the reference to editing I'm going with camo . :2cents:

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#73 Post by Paulns » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:02 am

crawf wrote:Really for its size Adelaide has produced some awesome local made tv shows over the last few decades.
I agree just wish they were making more local stuff!!!

You can say what you like about this design but atleast it is something bold and different for Adelaide! :D
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

bm7500
Donating Member
Donating Member

#74 Post by bm7500 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:25 am

So where is the Helicopter landing pad?? :lol:
ADELAIDE SINGAPORE LONDON BERLIN AMSTERDAM PARIS TOKYO AUCKLAND DOHA DUBLIN HONG KONG BANGKOK REYKJAVIK ROME MADRID BUDAPEST COPENHAGEN ZURICH BRUSSELS VIENNA PRAGUE STOCKHOLM LUXEMBOURG BRATISLAVA NASSAU DUBAI BAHRAIN KUALA LUMPUR HELSINKI GENEVA

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#75 Post by crawf » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:55 am

smee126 wrote: Me thinks Punishment either works for 7 or has a relative who does, either a cameraman or Journalist , they are the only ones allowed in the chopper, giving the reference to editing I'm going with camo . :2cents:
Its a snap shot from fridays 7news/today tonight