COM: Water World Upgrade

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
iTouch
Legendary Member!

Re: #COM: 'New' Water World

#61 Post by iTouch » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:32 pm

The Scooter Guy wrote:Tried to go there today, but there was a really long queue!! When is the best time to go when the queues are less likely?
when its 9 degrees and pouring with rain :P
Don't burn the Adelaide Parkland (preservation society)

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#62 Post by pushbutton » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:05 am

I tried to go today with my brother but also got put off by the queue. That's good though as it does clearly show there is demand in Adelaide for this sort of facility, and it makes the future of Water World look positive.

I'm pleased to hear that the funpool area isn't always strictly limited to under 5s. Admittedly when we were told we couldn't go there there was a lot of under 5s so fair enough I guess.

I haven't been on the waterslides yet because as I said when I went with my nephew and neice it was 4pm and they had just closed. However they do actually look pretty good to me. Ok there's no fancy ride like a space bowl or master blaster or such things, but the 3 waterslides that are there do look exciting enough and I am looking forward to going on them. My only criticisms of the slides are that they close at 4pm, that you have to pay extra for them, and that there were long queues for the slides visible today (although again that probably just proves there is strong demand for them, and hey, it is school holidays and summer so probably as busy as it's ever going to be).

I'll try going perhaps quite early in the day when the weather is average and try my luck then!

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#63 Post by The Scooter Guy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:36 am

iTouch(myself) wrote:
The Scooter Guy wrote:Tried to go there today, but there was a really long queue!! When is the best time to go when the queues are less likely?
when its 9 degrees and pouring with rain :P
Oh Bravo!
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#64 Post by pushbutton » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:39 am

Went again yesterday. $5 for UNLIMITED water slides and this is advertised as a school holiday special so I think it's every day of the holidays. Much more like it. To be fair we only used the slides about 5 times each anyway, and had I bought the $10 pass that gives you 15 waterslide rides, then the 3 of us could still have had 5 rides each.

So instead of paying $10 for 5 rides each I paid $15, but it just seems like much better value when it's unlimited and at least we could have had more than 5 slides each if we wanted (we were just a bit tired after that).

contractor
High Rise Poster!

#65 Post by contractor » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 pm

What's with the 10 images of a truck and a transportable building.

Page 3 just used up half my internet usage allowance.

King
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#66 Post by King » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:13 pm

That really should have gone in the Thread of Nonsense.