U/C: [Adelaide Entertainment Centre] Carpark | $11m

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Shuz
Banned
Banned

Re: #Proposal : Entertainment Centre Upgrade $50m

#31 Post by Shuz » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:53 pm

I wonder if the States Goverment inspiration came from the Band in a Bubble program on Channel [V]? :P

how_good_is_he
High Rise Poster!

#32 Post by how_good_is_he » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Its not quite clear, but will this be the final tram stop on Port Rd? If it ran down a bit further it could do Hindmarsh Stadium as well. Long term, will this tram connect up with the rail lines [Bowden station] which run behind the gov Hindmarsh and through the Clipsal site or will that stay a separate line?

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#33 Post by Norman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:43 pm

For the last time... the tram will not go down Port Road beyond Hindmarsh! It will go down the Outer Harbor line... :evil:

shiftaling
High Rise Poster!

Re: #Proposed : Entertainment Centre Upgrade

#34 Post by shiftaling » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:55 pm

Howie wrote:Guess it's okay to post this now. Thanks to Al for the renders + siteplan.

Sweet! That looks fantastic :D

Complete with lounging Sim patrons soaking up the vibe

Joely
High Rise Poster!

#35 Post by Joely » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:37 am

Fantastic news. This looks great! Though it would be nice to have a new entertainment centre and stadium etc built on the railyards I'm just so over that debate. The entertainment centre is close enough to town I guess and is looking very dated and sad currently. The carpet in the foyer areas is just vile, even when it was new. The redevelopment looks very impressive and will hopefully stop us being overlooked by famous bands and peformers.
Last edited by Joely on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joely
High Rise Poster!

#36 Post by Joely » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:43 am

NICK HENDERSON, STATE POLITICAL REPORTER

June 06, 2008 10:42am

Along with the new venue, the centre will receive a major external refurbishment but the interior will not be altered.
Ahh I just went back and re-read the article. Does this mean the awful purple and blue crazy carpet is staying? Eewww! Surely they can put a bit of cash aside to spruce up the interior a little?

Mants
Legendary Member!

#37 Post by Mants » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:25 am

This, along with the new channel 7 HQ and the tram extension will do wonders for revitalising the area. looks great i think.

i agree that a name change, even a logo change would help to improve the general image of the facility.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#38 Post by rev » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:24 am

Norman wrote:For the last time... the tram will not go down Port Road beyond Hindmarsh! It will go down the Outer Harbor line... :evil:
Actually there will be a spur line or whatever the rail fans call it, to the Entertainment center that will be linked up with the existing glenelg-city line that will run to the outer harbour line. or whatever.
What would be good is if they could make it run further down and turn left at Milner street and have a stop directly infront of Hindmarsh Square, with a foot bridge to avoid any more traffic signals.
There is five crossing things in the middle of that section of Port Road, within the space of 400 meters. Totally unnecessary. Im sure if they leave the chief street and gibson street ones people will still manage. Big deal they will have to drive a few extra meters to turn around. Big whoop, end of the world.
But then, there is the "proposed" stadium from Adelaide United around the corner in the parklands.

Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

#39 Post by Wayno » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Mants wrote:This, along with the new channel 7 HQ and the tram extension will do wonders for revitalising the area. looks great i think.

i agree that a name change, even a logo change would help to improve the general image of the facility.
The Marjorie Jackson Entertainment Centre?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#40 Post by Norman » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Wayno wrote:
Mants wrote:This, along with the new channel 7 HQ and the tram extension will do wonders for revitalising the area. looks great i think.

The MHS Centre... he pretty much stands for laughs and entertainment :lol:

Mants
Legendary Member!

#41 Post by Mants » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:37 pm

Wayno wrote:

thats exactly what i was going to post! but then i thought it sounded dumb so i edited it! :lol:

Omicron
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#42 Post by Omicron » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:38 pm

A definite improvement upon the backyard shed that so delightfully welcomes international music acts to Adelaide *cough*.

Hippodamus
High Rise Poster!

#43 Post by Hippodamus » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:11 pm

if you want to hear my opinion, the government has lacks vision with these major projects.

the Marj hospital proposed for the new railyards should be moving to the existing site of the Entertainment Centre where it will also be serviced by the tram extension and have a central location. And a new entertainment complex (including for performers etc) would be better positioned on the railyards within the CBD which is closer to Hindley Street and the rest of the CBD.

Now that is strategic thinking.

cruel_world00
Donating Member
Donating Member

#44 Post by cruel_world00 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:34 pm

Hippodamus wrote:if you want to hear my opinion, the government has lacks vision with these major projects.

the Marj hospital proposed for the new railyards should be moving to the existing site of the Entertainment Centre where it will also be serviced by the tram extension and have a central location. And a new entertainment complex (including for performers etc) would be better positioned on the railyards within the CBD which is closer to Hindley Street and the rest of the CBD.

Now that is strategic thinking.

But you see, mr hippodamus sir, your one downfall with this idea is that it requires vision....shame really...

mooshie
High Rise Poster!

#45 Post by mooshie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 pm

so this is 2500 person capacity for the new section to be built at the front of the current centre right?
anyone know the current capacity of the Entertainment Centre?