[U/C] WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Message
Author
TorrensSA
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:45 am
Been thanked: 8 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#76 Post by TorrensSA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:56 pm

The Tavern was next to the stadium, why would they demolish it. They didn't demolish the Sports Medicine Clinic, that was on the other side of the oval.

Allkai
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 37 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#77 Post by Allkai » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:56 pm

TorrensSA wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:56 pm
The Tavern was next to the stadium, why would they demolish it.
Because it was attached to the stadium, and looks equally as awful?

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm
Has thanked: 351 times
Been thanked: 35 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#78 Post by Brucetiki » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Allkai wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:57 am
Was anyone aware that the Checkside Tavern, and its SANFL pokie machines, was actually remaining?
Yeah they've always said they were staying.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 17 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#79 Post by pushbutton » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:32 pm

Anyone able to post any recent photos to show the progress of demolition?

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3678
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 306 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#80 Post by rev » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:26 pm

pushbutton wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:32 pm
Anyone able to post any recent photos to show the progress of demolition?
Pretty sure they've knocked it all down now, might still be clearing the site. All that remains of the old stadium is the tavern and the grass field.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 17 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#81 Post by pushbutton » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:00 am

Thanks. Pretty speedy demo!

arki
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:35 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 42 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#82 Post by arki » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Not sure if it has been mentioned but I have it on very good authority that Kaufland will be taking space as part of this development.

User avatar
Algernon
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: Moravia
Has thanked: 305 times
Been thanked: 144 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#83 Post by Algernon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Photo on Bigfooty forum from March 2

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... t-59714287

I'm surprised as I thought they were retaining the old members. Getting my wires crossed somewhere I suppose. Sad to see it gone. Spent a chunk of my youth going mental at that place.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 17 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#84 Post by pushbutton » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:58 pm

arki wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 pm
Not sure if it has been mentioned but I have it on very good authority that Kaufland will be taking space as part of this development.
Given that there's already a Coles and Woolworths in Westfield next door, and a new Foodland will definitely be built on part of the stadium site, as well as a library and several small shops and cafes, and also considering that most of the land will be housing, and open space, it's very hard to imagine that there'll be room for or demand for a Kaufland!

Do you realise how big a Kaufland store is?

Eurostar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 25 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#85 Post by Eurostar » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:05 pm

West Lakes doesn't look the same with Football Park gone

arki
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:35 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 42 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#86 Post by arki » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:14 pm

pushbutton wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:58 pm
arki wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 pm
Not sure if it has been mentioned but I have it on very good authority that Kaufland will be taking space as part of this development.
Given that there's already a Coles and Woolworths in Westfield next door, and a new Foodland will definitely be built on part of the stadium site, as well as a library and several small shops and cafes, and also considering that most of the land will be housing, and open space, it's very hard to imagine that there'll be room for or demand for a Kaufland!

Do you realise how big a Kaufland store is?
Ok! Just save this comment and revisit in 3 months :)

A-Town
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:14 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#87 Post by A-Town » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:20 pm

Algernon wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:41 pm
Photo on Bigfooty forum from March 2

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ ... t-59714287

I'm surprised as I thought they were retaining the old members. Getting my wires crossed somewhere I suppose. Sad to see it gone. Spent a chunk of my youth going mental at that place.
I reckon one of the initial plans was to keep the members stand, like they did with Waverley Park in Melbourne. Not sure when they changed plans to demolish all of Football Park's stands.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1417
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:01 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 17 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#88 Post by pushbutton » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:29 am

arki wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:14 pm
pushbutton wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:58 pm
arki wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 pm
Not sure if it has been mentioned but I have it on very good authority that Kaufland will be taking space as part of this development.
Given that there's already a Coles and Woolworths in Westfield next door, and a new Foodland will definitely be built on part of the stadium site, as well as a library and several small shops and cafes, and also considering that most of the land will be housing, and open space, it's very hard to imagine that there'll be room for or demand for a Kaufland!

Do you realise how big a Kaufland store is?
Ok! Just save this comment and revisit in 3 months :)
Fair enough! Just seems incredible to me.

how good is he
Legendary Member!
Posts: 842
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am
Been thanked: 42 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#89 Post by how good is he » Mon May 06, 2019 7:36 pm

Heard a rumour that Foodland is not going ahead and Kaufland is def. looking at the site. Not sure of the outcome.

Mpol03
Legendary Member!
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 41 times

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#90 Post by Mpol03 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:10 am

Can confirm from sales rep that foodland isn’t happening

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests