[U/C] WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

[U/C] Re: WEST (Football Park) | Developments & News

#106 Post by [Shuz] » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:57 pm

All Kaufland stores?
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#107 Post by SRW » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:16 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:57 pm
All Kaufland stores?
Yep, see Anzac Hwy thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6438&start=45#p188285
Keep Adelaide Weird

rockthenation
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#108 Post by rockthenation » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:45 pm

https://twitter.com/vschwarz9/status/12 ... 76738?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PeFe
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#109 Post by PeFe » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:26 pm

New office space, apartments and townhouses at West.
09/11/20.
IMG_20201109_121103.jpg
Attachments
IMG_20201109_115520.jpg
IMG_20201109_120008.jpg

1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!

#110 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:23 pm

PeFe wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:52 pm
West Lakes Boulevard was built in the 70's with the intention of a train line going down the middle.....yes a heavy rail line (extension of the Hendon branch)

However the property developer objected at the time saying "that sort of development would bring the wrong sort of people to West Lakes"

So yes there is plenty of room for a tram line.
Hendon closed in 1980, so was the Hendon railway line in the middle of the road when the road was built?

Mpol02
High Rise Poster!

#111 Post by Mpol02 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:46 pm

I’ve been into West showrooms a few times and they do hope and have made room for a tram line. It’ll go down west lakes boulevard and end in believe in the Main Street of this development. That was a few years back, things may (most likely) have changed.

Allkai
High Rise Poster!

#112 Post by Allkai » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:22 am

Having being kicked out of Thebarton Oval by the AFC, SANFL now propose to re-locate back to West lakes and retain rights to it's use:-

https://www.yoursaycharlessturt.com.au/ ... tball-park

https://www.yoursaycharlessturt.com.au/ ... tball-park

SouthAussie94
High Rise Poster!

#113 Post by SouthAussie94 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:34 pm

So presumably the Crows depart from West Lakes, their current building is demolished and a new SANFL facility is built in its place?

I didn't dive too deep into the supporting documents, does the SANFL propose that games would be hosted at West Lakes?
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

SCF
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#114 Post by SCF » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:12 am

SouthAussie94 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:34 pm
So presumably the Crows depart from West Lakes, their current building is demolished and a new SANFL facility is built in its place?

I didn't dive too deep into the supporting documents, does the SANFL propose that games would be hosted at West Lakes?
I didn't see any mention of what will happen to the Crows facility. The SANFL propose to build their facility (SANFL Talent Facility) on the land they already own next to the Mosaic Hotel. It appears they got a grant to build this facility a few years ago and they were going to build it at Thebarton. Failure to secure a long term lease there has prevented it from going ahead.

They want a non-exclusive licence, much like the Crows have now where they get exclusive use of the oval when they need it (with limits) and it's open to the community the rest of the time. Their emphasis appears to be on junior/developmental football.

They say SANFL teams may use the talent facility, but there is no indication that they use the oval or that there would be senior games played there. I haven't been past there for some time but I don't think there is infrastructure there for paid admission or for a crowd of a few thousand. I'm sure the SANFL clubs would much prefer home games regardless.

The other proposal is for it to be community land managed by the city of Charles Sturt. They will have the right to licence/lease/authorise use of the land going forward. I gather they intend to keep it as a football oval and they expect that local sporting clubs and associations will use it. It's a little vague but that is understandable since they don't really know what the demand might be.

baytram366
High Rise Poster!

#115 Post by baytram366 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:39 am

Definitely no space there to host football games now with the stands and car parking long gone. I am pretty sure the land next to the Mosaic is just used as a car park at the moment so would be good to see something built there. But then again, that poses the issue of that whole precinct not having enough car parking to accommodate the library, cafe and any new SANFL facility. I think this issue needs to be addressed before anything new is built.
Baytram 366's Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34520752@N07/collections

SCF
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#116 Post by SCF » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:04 am

baytram366 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:39 am
Definitely no space there to host football games now with the stands and car parking long gone. I am pretty sure the land next to the Mosaic is just used as a car park at the moment so would be good to see something built there. But then again, that poses the issue of that whole precinct not having enough car parking to accommodate the library, cafe and any new SANFL facility. I think this issue needs to be addressed before anything new is built.
The proposal budget did have $3.3 million for Car Park Development, but I didn't see any details of what this will entail.