Modbury 30-year plan

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
duke
High Rise Poster!

Modbury 30-year plan

#1 Post by duke » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 am

Update on the height increases.
A DECISION on whether to allow buildings up to five storeys high in parts of Modbury has been delayed by three months.

Tea Tree Gully councillors voted at last night's meeting to further consult the community on its master plan for Modbury, following concerns from residents about traffic congestion and overshadowing.

The latest version of the Live Life Modbury plan included in last night's council agenda recommended a raft of changes to building height limits, including allowing up to five storeys on the southern side of North East Rd, from the corner of Golden Grove Rd up to Henry St.

Under the plan, five-storey buildings would also be allowed at Modbury Triangle Shopping Centre.

The Leader Messenger first reported in January the council's vision to revitalise Modbury by transforming it into an economic and transport hub over the next 30 years.

Seven of eight residents who spoke at the council meeting were against the plan in its current form. Several said they did not feel they had been properly consulted on the plan.

Cr Paul Barbaro moved a motion for the council to postpone a decision on the plan and further consult residents, business owners and others groups.

He told the meeting delaying a decision would give the community a chance to have more of say on the plan.

"We have a lack of communication and residents expressing that they do like some of the Live Life Modbury Project and they want to have input to this and that's a good thing," Cr Barbaro said.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 6688900973

Considering my house is right in the area of the proposed increases, its interesting that I have been asked nothing.
However in principal I support height increases, but, only if its done right, and the right types of buildings are constructed. I think 3 story town houses like in the CBD would be a better option though.