Aldi Distribution Centre | Regency Park $70 Million

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Phantom
High Rise Poster!

Re: Aldi Distribution Centre | Regency Park $70 Million

#31 Post by Phantom » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:20 am

RustyCage wrote:Any idea where at Tea Tree Plaza the Modbury store would be?
Apparently near Coles, is what I heard. I think that was mentioned in the TTP expansion thread, from memory.
"Mono, you're a knob. <3"

flavze
High Rise Poster!

#32 Post by flavze » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:07 pm

they are opening a store in Mt Barker to, currently in the process of setting it up. It's taking the space previously used by Rite Price and the Reject Shop i think.

kingy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#33 Post by kingy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:54 pm

Sorry for the camera photos, as well as the bad light during our visit. The following were taken on 21/7.

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#34 Post by Torrens_5022 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:35 pm

18 stores on the way and more to come later https://www.aldi.com.au/en/shopping-at- ... locations/

SBD
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#35 Post by SBD » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:29 am

It looks like earthworks started this week for the Blakeview store in Blakes Crossing estate.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#36 Post by neoballmon » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:46 pm

The Seaford store is nearing completion. The main building is complete, just carparks and potentially fitting it out inside.

Hallet Coves walls were almost up when I was last out there a month or so ago.

Noarlunga is hard to tell since it's part of a greater project, but it looks like the walls may be up.

Woodcroft last I saw just needed their fit out.

Victor Harbor and Aldinga have no progress yet.

Flagstaff hill seems to have fallen through, as its no longer on that list, and I've heard Coles have backed out too. Signage is still up on the site though
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Patrick_27

#37 Post by Patrick_27 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:33 am

neoballmon wrote:The Seaford store is nearing completion. The main building is complete, just carparks and potentially fitting it out inside.

Noarlunga is hard to tell since it's part of a greater project, but it looks like the walls may be up.

Flagstaff hill seems to have fallen through, as its no longer on that list, and I've heard Coles have backed out too. Signage is still up on the site though
New Woolies at Giles Plains Shopping Centre is almost complete, which means once they've relocated they can commence refitting the old Woolies for Aldi.

Patrick_27

#38 Post by Patrick_27 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:34 am

Patrick_27 wrote:
neoballmon wrote:The Seaford store is nearing completion. The main building is complete, just carparks and potentially fitting it out inside.

New Woolies at Giles Plains Shopping Centre is almost complete, which means once they've relocated they can commence refitting the old Woolies for Aldi.
Also, Churchill Road Shopping Centre looks as though it's commenced it's extension for Aldi.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#39 Post by Brucetiki » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Parafield Gardens just needs its fit out and then I can start shopping there.

relapse
Gold-Member ;)

#40 Post by relapse » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:38 pm

They're apparently opening in Golden Grove as well, they are taking over the AMF bowling building and turning it into an Aldi.

Rene
Gold-Member ;)

#41 Post by Rene » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:32 am

"neoballmon wrote:
The Seaford store is nearing completion. The main building is complete, just carparks and potentially fitting it out inside.
"

From INdaily:
The German supermarket chain announced today Seaford Heights, Parafield Gardens, Hallett Cove and Woodcroft were “on track” to open on February 3 next year as part of its $300 million foray into the SA grocery sector.

The four stores will be the first of 150 supermarkets planned for suburbs and regional centres around the state.

Other stores are planned for West Lakes, Hawthorn, Victor Harbor, Blakeview, Smithfield, Kilburn, Gilles Plains, Berri, Marion, Aldinga, Evanston, Nuriootpa, Golden Grove, Salisbury, Mount Gambier, Port Pirie and Yorke Peninsula.

Business is booming for the discount supermarket chain which, since taking on rivals on the east coast and mushrooming nationwide after initiating plans to move into Western Australia and SA, has become the greatest threat to the Coles and Woolworths grocery dominance.

Last financial figures, unveiled during the Senate inquiry into tax transparency early this year, showed sales and pre-tax profit had almost doubled since 2010. Sales grew from $3.14 billion to $6 billion in 2013.

Aldi Australia also announced today that its distribution centre at Regency Park was finished and training staff will now begin this month.

“The completion of Aldi’s distribution centre is an important step for our business,” Aldi South Australia managing director Viktor Jakupec said.

The new centre will service up to 50 stores.

The almost cult-like reaction sparked by news of an Aldi store being built in a nearby neighbourhood is not lost on the chain.

“We know excitement is building among South Australian shoppers and we look forward to showing them the benefits Aldi can bring both to their wallet and their lifestyle,” Jakupec said.

The next round of store openings will include Modbury, Noarlunga, Mount Barker and St Agnes in March, with a total of 16 stores expected to be open by the end of 2016.
Link to document: Click here

Torrens_5022
High Rise Poster!

#42 Post by Torrens_5022 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Weird it says 150 stores, then 50 stores further down, I would say the 150 is a typo.

monotonehell
VIP Member
VIP Member

#43 Post by monotonehell » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:51 pm

Torrens_5022 wrote:Weird it says 150 stores, then 50 stores further down, I would say the 150 is a typo.
No it's maybe correct. This distribution centre will service up to 50 stores, of around 150 planned stores. So there will be more distribution centres as well as stores in their long term plan.

Although Coles have around 50 stores in the state so...
Exit on the right in the direction of travel.

eKwatee
High Rise Poster!

#44 Post by eKwatee » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:34 pm

monotonehell wrote:
Torrens_5022 wrote:Weird it says 150 stores, then 50 stores further down, I would say the 150 is a typo.
No it's maybe correct. This distribution centre will service up to 50 stores, of around 150 planned stores. So there will be more distribution centres as well as stores in their long term plan.

I heard a rumor that Aldi were looking to set up another distribution Centre around Blanchetown. This would allow them to set up stores in the Barossa and the Riverland.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#45 Post by crawf » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:07 pm

eKwatee wrote:
monotonehell wrote:

I heard a rumor that Aldi were looking to set up another distribution Centre around Blanchetown. This would allow them to set up stores in the Barossa and the Riverland.
It's listed in that article and their website that stores are planned for those areas. Mildura has also been hinted thanks to the new SA distribution centre.

One distribution centre should be more than sufficient for the state, Woolies, Coles, Metcash/Foodland only have one each. I doubt the Blanchetown rumour is true.