[PRO] Keswick World Park (incl. Emergency Services HQ)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Message
Author
Will
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 5596
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 922 times
Been thanked: 207 times

[PRO] Re: #U/C: World Park 01 | $170m | 3x6lvl | Office | Keswick

#151 Post by Will » Thu May 26, 2011 4:58 pm

ricecrackers wrote:
reminds me also of that new apartment building in Morphett Street
Well they were both designed by Woodhead.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member
Posts: 6976
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Adelaide
Has thanked: 314 times
Been thanked: 1262 times

[PRO] Re: COM: [Keswick] World Park 01 | $150m

#152 Post by Ben » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:08 am

Digging up a very old thread but looks like potentially the second stage may start after all this time.

Axiom the developer is in a trading halt this morning.
The trading halt is requested pending an announcement by Axiom in relation to a
proposed long‐term commitment on its Worldpark land;

Jaymz
Legendary Member!
Posts: 621
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 88 times

[PRO] Re: COM: [Keswick] World Park 01 | $150m

#153 Post by Jaymz » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:21 pm

This is most likely what it will be. From todays online Advertiser......
Disaster-proof emergency services HQ based in Keswick to begin construction in April 2020
The MFS, CFS and SES will all operate out of the same earthquake-proof building when construction is completed in time for the 2021 fire season.

Gabriel Polychronis, The Advertiser
|
November 27, 2019 5:00pm

Construction on a new “earthquake-proof” command centre – housing the SES, CFS and MFS – will begin in April 2020.

The joint emergency services headquarters will be located on Richmond Rd in Keswick and is expected to be completed in time for the 2021 fire danger season – four years after it was revealed the SES and CFS command centre on Waymouth St is not equipped to withstand severe storms and floods.

Emergency Services Minister Corey Wingard said the new building will be “self-sustaining in the middle of a disaster” and will house more than 300 employees and volunteers.

The shared facility, which will cost approximately $14 million, will also hold a CFS reserve strike team with five heavy tankers and a bulk water carrier to be on standby for deployment across SA.

The SA Fire and Emergency Services Commission will also be housed in the new facility.

It ends nearly two years of searching for a suitable location within five kilometres of the CBD.

In 2017, a leaked report examining the SES response to the September statewide blackout revealed their control centre on Waymouth St “represents a significant risk to the community of South Australia” and that it is “only a matter of time before it totally fails during a significant event”.

“We want to make sure that our emergency services are in a first-class facility,” Mr Wingard said on Wednesday.

He also believes it will be only the second earthquake-proof building in the state, with the other being the Royal Adelaide Hospital.

Mr Wingard said there is the “potential” for the building to cost more than the $14 million initially allocated and did not rule out an increase in the emergency services levy, saying it was a matter for Treasurer Rob Lucas.

“That is not on the radar at the minute but we will wait and see what happens as far as making sure that we have our emergency services in a first-class facility,” he said.

The new facility will be built by Axiom Properties LTD in the World Park precinct and is expected to create nearly 200 jobs.

The announcement comes just less than 24 hours after it was revealed the Adelaide MFS station on Wakefield St operated with only half its emergency standby fleet on a catastrophic fire danger day last week.

But, MFS chief officer Michael Morgan played down concerns, saying lives were “not necessarily” at greater risk due to the shortage.

“If you focus on the day itself, we had extraordinary fire conditions around the state, the MFS itself had twenty structure fires in that day, which is unprecedented,” Mr Morgan said.

“For the conditions on the day, for the requirements of the metropolitan area, we had adequate resources for the day.”

He said the MFS responded to twenty structure fires last Wednesday, which he said was “unprecedented”.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm
Location: Adelaide CBD, SA
Been thanked: 270 times

[PRO] Re: COM: [Keswick] World Park 01 | $150m

#154 Post by Patrick_27 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:32 am

Jaymz wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:21 pm
This is most likely what it will be. From todays online Advertiser......
Disaster-proof emergency services HQ based in Keswick to begin construction in April 2020
The MFS, CFS and SES will all operate out of the same earthquake-proof building when construction is completed in time for the 2021 fire season.

Gabriel Polychronis, The Advertiser
|
November 27, 2019 5:00pm

Construction on a new “earthquake-proof” command centre – housing the SES, CFS and MFS – will begin in April 2020.

The joint emergency services headquarters will be located on Richmond Rd in Keswick and is expected to be completed in time for the 2021 fire danger season – four years after it was revealed the SES and CFS command centre on Waymouth St is not equipped to withstand severe storms and floods.

Emergency Services Minister Corey Wingard said the new building will be “self-sustaining in the middle of a disaster” and will house more than 300 employees and volunteers.

The shared facility, which will cost approximately $14 million, will also hold a CFS reserve strike team with five heavy tankers and a bulk water carrier to be on standby for deployment across SA.

The SA Fire and Emergency Services Commission will also be housed in the new facility.

It ends nearly two years of searching for a suitable location within five kilometres of the CBD.

In 2017, a leaked report examining the SES response to the September statewide blackout revealed their control centre on Waymouth St “represents a significant risk to the community of South Australia” and that it is “only a matter of time before it totally fails during a significant event”.

“We want to make sure that our emergency services are in a first-class facility,” Mr Wingard said on Wednesday.

He also believes it will be only the second earthquake-proof building in the state, with the other being the Royal Adelaide Hospital.

Mr Wingard said there is the “potential” for the building to cost more than the $14 million initially allocated and did not rule out an increase in the emergency services levy, saying it was a matter for Treasurer Rob Lucas.

“That is not on the radar at the minute but we will wait and see what happens as far as making sure that we have our emergency services in a first-class facility,” he said.

The new facility will be built by Axiom Properties LTD in the World Park precinct and is expected to create nearly 200 jobs.

The announcement comes just less than 24 hours after it was revealed the Adelaide MFS station on Wakefield St operated with only half its emergency standby fleet on a catastrophic fire danger day last week.

But, MFS chief officer Michael Morgan played down concerns, saying lives were “not necessarily” at greater risk due to the shortage.

“If you focus on the day itself, we had extraordinary fire conditions around the state, the MFS itself had twenty structure fires in that day, which is unprecedented,” Mr Morgan said.

“For the conditions on the day, for the requirements of the metropolitan area, we had adequate resources for the day.”

He said the MFS responded to twenty structure fires last Wednesday, which he said was “unprecedented”.
My father works for the CFS in their HQ so I've known about this search for as long as it has been a thing, I've long felt this would have been the perfect tenant for the Kyren development happening on Wakefield Street opposite the Adelaide Fire Station, you could have parked CFS water tankers and other trucks at the MFS station.

User avatar
SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 2813
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Location: City
Has thanked: 768 times
Been thanked: 381 times

[PRO] Re: Keswick World Park (incl. Emergency Services HQ)

#155 Post by SRW » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Press release out today saying the Emergency HQ has started construction.
Keep Adelaide Weird

Capbld
Sen-Rookie-Sational
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:44 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times

[PRO] Re: Keswick World Park (incl. Emergency Services HQ)

#156 Post by Capbld » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:31 pm

This is a Pike build,

This tendered 6-8 weeks ago for fitout trades and 4 weeks before that for early trades and structure.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests