[COM] Masters Adelaide Airport

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Nort
Legendary Member!

[COM] Re: Masters Adelaide Airport

#121 Post by Nort » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:35 pm

Jaymz wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:03 pm
how good is he wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:33 pm
In today’s paper there was a call for tenders (by Pike builders) for a Bunnings conversion at Adelaide Airport. I can only assume this is the old Masters site. The big question is will it mean anything for the Bunnings site at Mile End? Also is there any news on the rejected Bunnings site at Panorama? Both these sites could suit potential shopping centre developments ie Coles/K-Mart/Officeworks/Target etc.
Well I hope it can co-exist with the Mile End Bunnings, that store is awesome.
It is a good Bunnings, but I also imagine the land it is on would be worth an absolute fortune.

Adelaide Airport is probably far enough away that it can service a different market though, I would expect both sites to be open.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#122 Post by Patrick_27 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:24 am

Nort wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:35 pm
Jaymz wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:03 pm
how good is he wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:33 pm
In today’s paper there was a call for tenders (by Pike builders) for a Bunnings conversion at Adelaide Airport. I can only assume this is the old Masters site. The big question is will it mean anything for the Bunnings site at Mile End? Also is there any news on the rejected Bunnings site at Panorama? Both these sites could suit potential shopping centre developments ie Coles/K-Mart/Officeworks/Target etc.
Well I hope it can co-exist with the Mile End Bunnings, that store is awesome.
It is a good Bunnings, but I also imagine the land it is on would be worth an absolute fortune.

Adelaide Airport is probably far enough away that it can service a different market though, I would expect both sites to be open.
I still think the Masters site would make for a good replacement site to the mail sorting centre in the city, free up that huge portion of land for development.

With regards to Panorama, last I heard they were looking at building a Coles/Kmart shopping centre on the site. Would make sense, the nearest Coles is Castle Plaza.

rev
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#123 Post by rev » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:14 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:24 am
I still think the Masters site would make for a good replacement site to the mail sorting centre in the city, free up that huge portion of land for development.
They'd save on their transport costs.