[PRO] Parafield Entertainment Complex | $180 million

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Goodsy
Legendary Member!

[PRO] Re: Parafield Entertainment Complex | $180 million

#16 Post by Goodsy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Is this in the spot that's directly in the flight path of the airport? it's going to be interesting how they build it if they can't get cranes in

vozdra
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#17 Post by vozdra » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:08 pm

GoodSmackUp wrote:Is this in the spot that's directly in the flight path of the airport? it's going to be interesting how they build it if they can't get cranes in
It should be the vacant land on the corner of Kings Rd and Main North Rd. Opposite Bunnings.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!

#18 Post by Goodsy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:24 pm

vozdra wrote:
GoodSmackUp wrote:Is this in the spot that's directly in the flight path of the airport? it's going to be interesting how they build it if they can't get cranes in
It should be the vacant land on the corner of Kings Rd and Main North Rd. Opposite Bunnings.
It's this land isn't it?

vozdra
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#19 Post by vozdra » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:54 am

that should be it

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#20 Post by Brucetiki » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Interesting Hoyts have signed up given it'll be sandwiched between their existing complexes at Salisbury and TTP. Are they looking at leaving the underperforming Salisbury complex? Also reckon that Kingpin will finally send the Salisbury Bowland to the wall (who are on struggling as it is after the administrators wound up their Ingle Farm alley, which is now GameRoom Essentials).

All up, this sounds like an exciting complex. Only thing is, will I be too old for half the attractions lol!

RustyCage
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#21 Post by RustyCage » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:02 pm

AMF would be a better fit than Kingpin as the Village Bowl closes soon

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#22 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:38 pm

RustyCage wrote:AMF would be a better fit than Kingpin as the Village Bowl closes soon
Isn't Kingpin owned by AMF?

RustyCage
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#23 Post by RustyCage » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Ardent Leisure Group owns both AMF and Kingpin

vozdra
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#24 Post by vozdra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Looks like this one might not be going ahead. Land is for sale.
For $25m, this family-owned block in Salisbury South could be yours but what will happen to planned entertainment hub?
Isabella Fowler, Northern Messenger
July 20, 2016 4:54pm

New $220m entertainment and shopping hub is on its way
Plans to build Adelaide’s second Beachouse in $180m

AN enormous family-owned block of land predicted to fetch almost $25 million in Salisbury South has hit the market, leaving the future of a $220 million development in doubt.

The much-anticipated development of Kings Point Shopping and Entertainment Complex, dubbed the north’s answer to Harbourtown, had been approved by the State Government for the 20.6ha block on the corner of Main North and Kings roads in 2014.

Expected to generate almost 5000 jobs, the entertainment hub was proposed by APEX Property Solutions director Ian Brackenridge, who is the son in-law of the vendor, local businessman Peter Engel.

It is understood Mr Brackenridge had struck deals with 20 retailers including Cafe Primo, Cotton On, Jeanswest and Flight Centre, and amusement companies Hoyts Cinemas and The Beachouse.

Other companies include iFLY Indoor Skydiving, Kingpin Indoor Bowling and Bounce Indoor Trampolines.

The plans were originally proposed in a partnership with Commercial & General managing director Jamie McClurg, who pulled out of the project about a year ago.

The Northern Messenger understands Mr Brackenridge, who is separated from Mr Engel’s daughter, had been working on the plans for almost a decade, and recently secured another major developer to execute the project.

However, Mr Engel decided to sell the land parcel instead.

It is believed Mr Brackenridge is seeking legal advice.
An artist’s impression of a wave machine, mooted as part of the $220m entertainment hub.

One of the site’s selling agents, Colliers International SA investment services manager Oliver Totani, said inquiries started coming in from “major developers, internationals and investment firms” the day the allotment hit the market.

“We’re running an international campaign, so we’re not only talking to people interstate, but people in our Asian markets,” Mr Totani said.

“Given its absolute enormity, it’s going to be a significant sale, and a significant site for the northern region. Whatever happens there, there’s going to be jobs created.”

While Mr Totani would not put a price tag on the land, an industry source said it could sell for around $120 per sqm, or $24.72 million.

According to Colliers’ marketing campaign, the land is for sale for the first time in more than 30 years.

Vendors the Engel family have operated the Peter Engel Garden Centre and other commercial businesses in the region for more than 60 years.

Speaking on behalf of Mr Engel’s son Mark, who was not willing to comment, Colliers director of investment sales Paul van Reesema said the family are “selling the land as a blank canvas, and will ensure the site goes to a developer with vision that will bring economic growth and employment to the region”.

Expressions of interest close Thursday, August 25.

This 20.6ha block on the corner of Main North and Kings roads is for sale.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#25 Post by pushbutton » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:34 pm

Par for the course sadly in Adelaide. That's why I moved to Queensland. I couldn't waste any more of my life waiting for things to happen, only to find out they are not happening!

On a positive note though I was impressed with the new "Mega" high ropes course at Adelaide Shores when I was there a couple of months ago.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#26 Post by crawf » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:05 pm

It is understood Mr Brackenridge had struck deals with 20 retailers including Cafe Primo, Cotton On, Jeanswest and Flight Centre, and amusement companies Hoyts Cinemas and The Beachouse.

Other companies include iFLY Indoor Skydiving, Kingpin Indoor Bowling and Bounce Indoor Trampolines.
Having so many big business names already signed up / approvals sorted. It's quite possible the new land owner might just continue with the original plans or do something very similar.
pushbutton wrote:That's why I moved to Queensland.
What a shame that was.

ghs
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#27 Post by ghs » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:36 pm

pushbutton wrote:Par for the course sadly in Adelaide. That's why I moved to Queensland. I couldn't waste any more of my life waiting for things to happen, only to find out they are not happening!
As someone who has traveled overseas to a couple of poor countries I think your statement above is laughable.

I've been to India and I can assure you that there would be more then 1 billion people living in India who would go to sleep and
dream about living in a city like Adelaide. Unfortunately for most of them they would wake up the next morning and realise
that their dream will never come true due to financial reasons.

I encourage you to broaden your horizons, step outside of your comfort zone and visit a poor country. You will come back with a
better perspective on life.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#28 Post by pushbutton » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:56 am

ghs wrote:
pushbutton wrote:Par for the course sadly in Adelaide. That's why I moved to Queensland. I couldn't waste any more of my life waiting for things to happen, only to find out they are not happening!
As someone who has traveled overseas to a couple of poor countries I think your statement above is laughable.

I've been to India and I can assure you that there would be more then 1 billion people living in India who would go to sleep and
dream about living in a city like Adelaide. Unfortunately for most of them they would wake up the next morning and realise
that their dream will never come true due to financial reasons.

I encourage you to broaden your horizons, step outside of your comfort zone and visit a poor country. You will come back with a
better perspective on life.
Seems you know things about me that I don't know myself!

Funny how the internet gives some people that ability.