Jaymz wrote:Ummmm.... well it is a beach suburb Patrick, people tend not to go to the beach when it's 14 degrees.
So why else does Glenelg 'need this'? I'm genuinely curious...
A few quick reasons just off the top of my head:
1. Because Glenelg is marketed as a beachside, resort style suburb
2. The much needed private investment our state in general needs more of
3. The increased economic activity such a project would bring to the area
4. Provide some new and decent accommodation for interstate and international tourists at our premier beach side suburb
5. Because you should be able to build a high rise in an area such as Glenelg without too much fuss
6. Because I like it