Page 4 of 4

[APP] Re: Royal Hotel Kent Town | 43m | 14 Levels | Mixed Use

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:36 am
by rev
timtam20292 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:16 am
Looks like that website that Ben posted is dead now.
Isn't this the pub that shut down recently because the group that owns it and a few others went bankrupt?

[APP] Re: Royal Hotel Kent Town | 43m | 14 Levels | Mixed Use

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:48 pm
by timtam20292
rev wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:36 am
timtam20292 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:16 am
Looks like that website that Ben posted is dead now.
Isn't this the pub that shut down recently because the group that owns it and a few others went bankrupt?
Yes. They also blamed the Obahn tunnel construction work for its closure.

The pub has since reopened and now known as the Royal Terrace Hotel.

[APP] Re: Royal Hotel Kent Town | 43m | 14 Levels | Mixed Use

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm
by Nathan
timtam20292 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:48 pm
rev wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:36 am
timtam20292 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:16 am
Looks like that website that Ben posted is dead now.
Isn't this the pub that shut down recently because the group that owns it and a few others went bankrupt?
Yes. They also blamed the Obahn tunnel construction work for its closure.

The pub has since reopened and now known as the Royal Terrace Hotel.
You're thinking of the previous owners. It did reopen back in February as you say, but the new owner (who also owns The Glenelg Pier Hotel, Propoganda Club in the city, the Links Lady Bay Hotel and the Brougham Adelaide at North Adelaide) went bust a week and a half ago.

[APP] Re: Royal Hotel Kent Town | 43m | 14 Levels | Mixed Use

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:46 am
by Ben
The pub has nothing to do with the redevelopment as it’s leased out to operators. Penny Place was brought forward so this one will likely start once that reaches enough pre sales I would say.

[APP] Re: Royal Hotel Kent Town | 43m | 14 Levels | Mixed Use

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:23 am
by Ben
Some new renders. Hopefully this will go to market soon.

Image

Image

Image

Image

[APP] Re: Royal Hotel Kent Town | 43m | 14 Levels | Mixed Use

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:09 pm
by Dvious
Lovely.

Fingers crossed it goes ahead. Any idea who the Architects are?

[APP] Re: Royal Hotel Kent Town | 43m | 14 Levels | Mixed Use

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:16 pm
by ChillyPhilly
Dvious wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:09 pm
Lovely.

Fingers crossed it goes ahead. Any idea who the Architects are?
Just did some digging. Woods Bagot are the architects.

https://www.flagshipgroup.com.au/Projec ... artments/8

[APP] Re: Royal Hotel Kent Town | 43m | 14 Levels | Mixed Use

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:50 pm
by Mpol03
More of this standard not only in the metro areas but in the CBD. Ta

[APP] Re: Royal Hotel Kent Town | 43m | 14 Levels | Mixed Use

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:29 pm
by baytram366
Doesn't look too bad. Is the current hotel building staying and being incorporated into the design?