[U/C] Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
duke
High Rise Poster!

[U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#601 Post by duke » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:50 pm

nath91 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:00 pm
duke wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:36 pm
relapse wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:41 am
The TTP extension blew me away when I first saw it, very keen now for them to hurry up and start the 2nd stage of it ie the retail expansion.

Seems like a perfect time now that half of the old Tea Tree Plus is empty, hopefully after Christmas it might finally get underway.
The plans I have seen, stage 2 doesn't include joining TT+ to TTP
I really don't know what they are planning on doing with TT+
Can you divulge any info on plans you have seen Duke?

Seems odd it’s been nearly 20 years with all talk about it but nothing done and they then go lease to a major tenant like Cotton On.

Something I have also heard is a Myer downsize given its uncertainty in the market.. that’s a lot of sqm to fill but possibly with big box type stores?

The person that showed me the plans no longer works there, but I still don't want to get anyone in trouble.
They were actual blueprints detailing where the works would to happen, but there is no timeframe and I don't think it's even been lodged with the council.

Edit: I should add, it was nothing special, just more retail space.

Re Cotton On, they were in the space Savers is using. It feels like just another temporary space filler.

I have also heard that Myer is looking at closing the top floors of some of it's stores.
Last edited by duke on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HiTouch
Legendary Member!

#602 Post by HiTouch » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:35 am

Didn't they say they were planning some high density residential in the modbury area a couple of years ago?
Surely they can knock down TT+ and build some solid highrise residential there. Kind of like Westfield Hurtsville. It's not in anybody's backyard, it's accessible to all facilities and it's a 2 minute walk from the O-Bahn.

duke
High Rise Poster!

#603 Post by duke » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:22 pm

HiTouch wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:35 am
Didn't they say they were planning some high density residential in the modbury area a couple of years ago?
Surely they can knock down TT+ and build some solid highrise residential there. Kind of like Westfield Hurtsville. It's not in anybody's backyard, it's accessible to all facilities and it's a 2 minute walk from the O-Bahn.
I always thought Modbury Triangle would have been a perfect area for that. It could have been shops on the ground floor, a internal park area with residential above.

TT+ could work, but I think a better location would be the bus interchange.

Enclose the bus interchange. Have all entry and exit from level 1 ( like a subway station where you have to go up and back down to cross tracks ), connect level 1 into the carpark travelator near coles.
Bus level could have TV's, security and lots of seating.
Level 1 could have some small coffee/snack stands for people grabbing things on the go.
Put a few floors of parking above this, connecting into the existing park and ride. Entrance to the park and ride would then be the bridge area which goes over the bus track and once again free up the existing road for exclusive use of busses. Then above all of this, put residential.

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#604 Post by Brucetiki » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:24 pm

The new precinct seems to be permanently buzzing - you have to hunt for an available restaurant if you're a casual walk-up, unless you want to rough it at the Bavarian.

I reckon Neil Perry would be embarrassed at the quality of food being served at the Bavarian IMO. Can't see them successfully competing with Schnitz (or even the Modbury Hotel) to be honest - their schnitzels are overpriced and terrible (I'm pretty sure the waffles I had on their American schnitzel were stale).

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#605 Post by pushbutton » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:00 pm

The brand new Westfield Coomera in Queensland has an outdoor dining area which is extremely similar to the TTP extension. Even the new Event Cinemas look and feel almost exactly like Hoyts TTP!

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#606 Post by pushbutton » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:06 pm

HiTouch wrote:
It's a prime site for an extension to TTP.

relapse
Gold-Member ;)

#607 Post by relapse » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:19 pm

duke wrote:
relapse wrote:
The TTP extension blew me away when I first saw it, very keen now for them to hurry up and start the 2nd stage of it ie the retail expansion.

Seems like a perfect time now that half of the old Tea Tree Plus is empty, hopefully after Christmas it might finally get underway.
Hmmm I'm confused, back in 2017 there was an article about TTP and it contained the following

She said detailed plans for the second stage of development are still to be submitted for approval.

The Leader Weekly reported last August that the plaza was committed to spending at least $200 million on redeveloping the shopping centre.

It’s tipped the redevelopment will focus on fashion, particularly attracting “mini-majors” such as H & M and Uniqlo.
There are plans to include international fashion brands such as Uniqlo in the revamped Westfield Tea Tree Plaza. Picture: Kazhuiro Nogi, AFP Photo

The proposal is expected to allow for up to 95 new shops.

It will also connect the main shopping centre with the next-door Tea Tree Plus mall and a two-storey car park.

The Scentre Group would not provide any further details about the plans to Leader Weekly.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... fa124a1b96

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#608 Post by rev » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:50 pm

pushbutton wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:06 pm
HiTouch wrote:
It's a prime site for an extension to TTP.
That’s why TTPlaza is going to be expanded into TTPlus.
Why couldn’t they build appartments above the center?

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#609 Post by citywatcher » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Part of the original plans were to enclose the interchange and build above it
It should have happened
It's still badly needed
The whole Modbury Hub area is run down and a lost opportunity and now with these clowns closing the TAFE and the Service SA the future is cloudy
The council is trying to bulldoze the Civic Park one of the few worthwhile assets the area has when there is so much other urgent matters
Haven't gone to have a decent look at the expansion yet but I have heard the Bavarian is not so good

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

duke
High Rise Poster!

#610 Post by duke » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:40 pm

relapse wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:19 pm
duke wrote:
relapse wrote:

Hmmm I'm confused, back in 2017 there was an article about TTP and it contained the following

I am confused also
The proposal is expected to allow for up to 95 new shops.
Matches what I have seen

But then this doesnt.
It will also connect the main shopping centre with the next-door Tea Tree Plus mall and a two-storey car park.
Maybe I read the plan wrong, if you could see it, you would understand.

Hopefully there will be some word on it soon. TTP would be awesome with some high end stores, wishful thinking, but I would love an Apple Store this side of the city.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#611 Post by Ben » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:36 pm

I would think the Marion upgrade would go ahead first which was first proposed in 2007. Westfield really drag the chain here in SA compared to the investment in interstate centres.

Its ludicrous that in 2018 not one of our metro centres has Apple, H & M, Zara, Sephora or Uniqlo when they are all over the rest of the country.

For eg

Apple
9 - NSW
5 - Vic
4 - Qld
2 - WA
1 - SA

Zara
6 - NSW
4 - Vic
3 - Qld
2 - WA
1 - SA

H & M
13 - NSW
7 - Vic
10 - Qld
4 - WA
1 - SA

Uniqlo
5 - NSW
6 - Vic
4 - Qld
1 - WA
0 - SA

Sephora
9 - NSW
5 - Vic
3 - Qld
0 - WA
0 - SA

Sorry to steer the thread off track a bit but its very frustrating these companies see SA as a backwater.

Patrick_27
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#612 Post by Patrick_27 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:44 pm

Ben wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:36 pm
I would think the Marion upgrade would go ahead first which was first proposed in 2007. Westfield really drag the chain here in SA compared to the investment in interstate centres.

Its ludicrous that in 2018 not one of our metro centres has Apple, H & M, Zara, Sephora or Uniqlo when they are all over the rest of the country.

For eg

Apple
9 - NSW
5 - Vic
4 - Qld
2 - WA
1 - SA

Zara
6 - NSW
4 - Vic
3 - Qld
2 - WA
1 - SA

H & M
13 - NSW
7 - Vic
10 - Qld
4 - WA
1 - SA

Uniqlo
5 - NSW
6 - Vic
4 - Qld
1 - WA
0 - SA

Sephora
9 - NSW
5 - Vic
3 - Qld
0 - WA
0 - SA

Sorry to steer the thread off track a bit but its very frustrating these companies see SA as a backwater.
I think of those you've mentioned the one you should be focusing more on is H&M considering how many stores they have in the country, the others you've mentioned are still only in the single digits in every state. We've seen with H&M in the Mall that it doesn't take much to set up a store here, I'd say Zara's reasons for not expanding is that the ideal location for their next store is Rundle Mall but there is no space at this time (the same could be said for the other brands you mentioned). As for Apple, I live with an employee of the store, they're talking about Marion and have been for a while, I'm of the understanding that they're waiting for a further upgrade of the centre and when this happens they'll move their CBD staff to Marion and then do a complete refit of their Rundle Mall store which will involve taking up the space occupied by Pandora (which Apple currently own and are leasing back to Pandora).

Nathan
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#613 Post by Nathan » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Patrick_27 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:44 pm
As for Apple, I live with an employee of the store, they're talking about Marion and have been for a while, I'm of the understanding that they're waiting for a further upgrade of the centre and when this happens they'll move their CBD staff to Marion and then do a complete refit of their Rundle Mall store which will involve taking up the space occupied by Pandora (which Apple currently own and are leasing back to Pandora).
They did just did a minor update, replacing the long Genius Bar table with the Today at Apple area, complete with massive screen (but none of the other changes introduced in recent store openings). While we're keeping tally of who has what stores in what cities, let's also remind ourselves that there has never been an Apple store in the Melbourne CBD

What's the deal with Pandora anyway? They opened that larger store in ACP a while ago now, so what's the point of keeping the smaller store almost straight across the other side?

bits
Legendary Member!

[U/C] [U/C] [U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

#614 Post by bits » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:51 am

Ben wrote: Apple
9 - NSW
5 - Vic
4 - Qld
2 - WA
1 - SA

Zara
6 - NSW
4 - Vic
3 - Qld
2 - WA
1 - SA

H & M
13 - NSW
7 - Vic
10 - Qld
4 - WA
1 - SA

Uniqlo
5 - NSW
6 - Vic
4 - Qld
1 - WA
0 - SA

Sephora
9 - NSW
5 - Vic
3 - Qld
0 - WA
0 - SA

Those numbers seem to near exact line up with population excluding Sydney having a few bonus stores which likely line up with income and tourists.
H&M is the only one that appears under representing in SA.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#615 Post by Eurostar » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Krispy Kreme will be opening on Saturday 15th December 2018