[U/C] Westfield Tea Tree Plaza (Extension)

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
electrictechron
Gold-Member ;)

[U/C] Re: ONH: Tea Tree Plaza Upgrade | $190m

#451 Post by electrictechron » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:26 am

duke wrote:The building is coming along nicely.

Does anyone know if you will be able to get from the roof carpark into the store? I can only see metal stairs on the outside.
There is also a ramp following the creek rather than crossing it.
I am surprised Westfield didn't add a roundabout to the main street, instead they are forcing people through the carpark of the new building.
I think that they will add an elevator on the roof into the store, it would not practical to carry 3 shopping bags up stairs.
The JetExpress must be saved!

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#452 Post by The Scooter Guy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Aldi opens on Wednesday the 16th.
Signpost on the corner of North East Rd/carpark entry road has now been erected.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

duke
High Rise Poster!

#453 Post by duke » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:38 pm

electrictechron wrote:

Does anyone know if you will be able to get from the roof carpark into the store? I can only see metal stairs on the outside.
I am surprised Westfield didn't add a roundabout to the main street, instead they are forcing people through the carpark of the new building.
I think that they will add an elevator on the roof into the store, it would not practical to carry 3 shopping bags up stairs.
I checked out the building the other day. There doesn't appear to be any form of lift. Only the metal stairs on the outside.

electrictechron
Gold-Member ;)

#454 Post by electrictechron » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:54 pm

duke wrote:
electrictechron wrote:

I checked out the building the other day. There doesn't appear to be any form of lift. Only the metal stairs on the outside.
So they expect wheelchair people and people with heaps of shopping to walk around 500m to the lift at Coles and walk up the small sidewalk.

duke
High Rise Poster!

#455 Post by duke » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:54 pm

electrictechron wrote: So they expect wheelchair people and people with heaps of shopping to walk around 500m to the lift at Coles and walk up the small sidewalk.
Thinking about it further, I assume the roof parking isn't for aldi customers. Aldi uses those coin lock trolleys, so maybe only the parking around the bottom is designed for customers. The carpark space would then be similar to the aldi at Parafield Gardens.

EBG

#456 Post by EBG » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:31 pm

Has anyone got any recent news of this project?

duke
High Rise Poster!

#457 Post by duke » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:16 am

Aldi TTP has opened today.

Modbury Triangle upgrade is going ahead if you can look past the massive mess.
Surely this will force Westfield into doing something decent with TTP & TT+.

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#458 Post by pushbutton » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:35 pm

The whole place is a mess. I'm very surprised at Westfields lack of foresight here.

electrictechron
Gold-Member ;)

#459 Post by electrictechron » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:47 pm

Most of the stuff in there is off-brand ripoffs of other brands. They have a big billboard dedicated to a crumpet and they have 'Cola' soft drink with the same font and packaging style as Coke.

Patrick_27

#460 Post by Patrick_27 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:28 pm

electrictechron wrote:Most of the stuff in there is off-brand ripoffs of other brands. They have a big billboard dedicated to a crumpet and they have 'Cola' soft drink with the same font and packaging style as Coke.
It sounds as though you were expecting more?

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#461 Post by Brucetiki » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:35 pm

electrictechron wrote:Most of the stuff in there is off-brand ripoffs of other brands. They have a big billboard dedicated to a crumpet and they have 'Cola' soft drink with the same font and packaging style as Coke.
You do realise that's exactly what Aldi is famous for. They stock two brands of most things - big name that's slightly cheaper than Coles and Woolies, and their own brand, which is very cheap and where you start saving big.

Eurostar
Legendary Member!

#462 Post by Eurostar » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:51 pm

The Aldi own brand soft drinks are watery. Their own version of Abbott's village bread is not much cheaper than Abbott's Village Bread especially when its on special at foodland which is regularly lately.

bits
Legendary Member!

#463 Post by bits » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:59 pm

Eurostar wrote:Their own version of Abbott's village bread is not much cheaper than Abbott's Village Bread especially when its on special at foodland which is regularly lately.
Yay for competition?

electrictechron
Gold-Member ;)

#464 Post by electrictechron » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:57 am

I know Aldi loves their private brands but I was expecting them to at least be more creative with their products.

duke
High Rise Poster!

#465 Post by duke » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:43 pm

electrictechron wrote:I know Aldi loves their private brands but I was expecting them to at least be more creative with their products.
Most of their own brand products are made by the brand name manufacturer anyway.
Eg. the cola is made by Schweppes and the bread is made by Tip-Top.
Most of their products are made in Australia and no products contain artificial colors which is great for my dad who is allergic.

They are consistently winning awards for their products https://www.aldi.com.au/en/groceries/awards/

Shopping at Aldi is different. If you want variety and someone to pretend to care how your day is while they pack your bags, then Coles, Woolworths or Foodland is the place. If you want to get your shopping done quick, costing you less for decent products then Aldi may be the option. Aldi isn't for everyone, and they don't pretend to be.

I think the biggest issue Aldi is facing in SA is that so many people were expecting it to be another Costco.