News & Developments: Prospect

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

Re: News & Developments: Prospect

#136 Post by Norman » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:30 pm

I had a look at the plans tonight and this development is really inappropriate for the context of what Churchill Road is trying to be.

The frontage to Islington Station will be uninviting for local people who choose to walk to and from the station, and I could see the car park being used as a makeshift commuter park and ride.

Unless there is an actual active frontage along Churchill Road and a better integration with the train station, this proposal should be rejected.

how good is he
Legendary Member!

#137 Post by how good is he » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:50 pm

Can I ask where the stop is? If it was moved closer to the adjacent residential development it may be more appropriate. They should create a new entry between both the residential Prospect 1838 & Kaufland developments and upgrade the train stop with links from both sides.

Sephiroth_FF
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#138 Post by Sephiroth_FF » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:35 am

There are several new articles about Kaufland today. The distribution centre will be built in Melbourne. There was no mention of Adelaide stores in the article (the one that wasn't behind the paywall), only three Melbourne stores. I thought the Forrestville site was going to be their flagship store.

Eurostar
High Rise Poster!

#139 Post by Eurostar » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Costco no longer allow non members into the snackbar area so the proposed Kaufland will gain some non members to their snackbar

Sephiroth_FF
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#140 Post by Sephiroth_FF » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:44 pm

An article from nearly a year ago stated that Kaufland was expected to open seven to ten stores during their initial rollout. Today, they only announced three Melbourne stores. Could they announce more later? I have no understanding of how this works but I'm just hoping that the Adelaide stores won't be delayed for too long.
Eurostar wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:41 pm
Costco no longer allow non members into the snackbar area so the proposed Kaufland will gain some non members to their snackbar
Is that so? I was there yesterday and there was someone asking for membership cards to get into the foodcourt. This only ever happened one other time but I didn't know they actually changed it.