[PRO] 10 Anzac Highway | Mixed Use

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
bits
Legendary Member!

[PRO] Re: 10 Anzac Highway | Kaufland Supermarket

#16 Post by bits » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:16 am

Kaufland did not get their Wynn Vale site.
I thought Prospect council rejected their Prospect proposal.

I imagine they are back to the drawing board of what sites they can secure. Opening a single store might not be economical.

Sephiroth_FF
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#17 Post by Sephiroth_FF » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:32 am

bits wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:16 am
Kaufland did not get their Wynn Vale site.
I thought Prospect council rejected their Prospect proposal.

I imagine they are back to the drawing board of what sites they can secure. Opening a single store might not be economical.
Prospect was rejected but they said they were going to resubmit it (I assume after some changes). I haven't been able to find any news about it since They are also opening one at Munno Para and I've heard rumours about Panorama. They seem to be facing a lot of opposition in Melbourne too so I don't know if anything is happening there.

Bacon
High Rise Poster!

#18 Post by Bacon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:34 pm

I thought it would've made sense for Kaufland to fill the empty Masters sites

SRW
Donating Member
Donating Member

#19 Post by SRW » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:53 pm

I recall seeing job advertisements for Kaufland that required a stint in Germany for those successful. It'll take time to successfully launch.
Keep Adelaide Weird

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

[PRO] Re: [PRO] Re: 10 Anzac Highway | Kaufland Supermarket

#20 Post by rev » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:40 pm

bits wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:12 am
rev wrote:
Did ALDI have a distribution center before they started opening up shops around SA?
Memory says yes.
Google says Regency Park distribution reached practical completion on 3 Dec 2015 and first stores open 2 Feb 2016.
Pretty sure there was at least one store near to opening before the dist. centre opened.

rev
SA MVP (Most Valued Poster 4000+)

#21 Post by rev » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:43 pm

SRW wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:53 pm
I recall seeing job advertisements for Kaufland that required a stint in Germany for those successful. It'll take time to successfully launch.
Yeh you needed a degree as well.
It was for management positions. And was well paying while in Germany.

Llessur2002
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#22 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:33 am

Kaufland’s updated $34m supermarket plan at Forestville now includes homes

The eastern end of the former Le Cornu site in Forestville would be cleared and sold for residential development, updated blueprints by German supermarket giant Kaufland reveal.

The State Commission Assessment Panel is seeking community feedback on Kaufland’s new proposal for a $34 million, two-storey supermarket on the Anzac Highway site.

The SCAP deferred a decision on the proposal in August, asking Kaufland to rethink plans for the Leader St facade and setbacks to Maple Ave.

In documents submitted to the SCAP, Kaufland states the eastern end of the 36,000sq m site — approximately half of the land — is to be sold with the “intent that this will be developed for residential use”.

Kaufland proposed 13 amendments to its original plan, including the addition of retail and cafe options on the ground floor, the relocation of the playground area and a reduction in the size of the “building footprint”.

The number of carparks would be reduced by 13, to 431, and access off Leader St and Maple Ave would be relocated further east and west respectively.

Kaufland are proposing a two-storey building at the former Le Cornu site with a supermarket on the second level, and to clear land to the east (right) of the site for a residential development. Picture: Kaufland

Trucks would enter and exit from Maple Ave — not Leader St — with the main access point for customers via Anzac Highway.

The supermarket giant believes there will be “no measurable change” to traffic conditions on Leader St and surrounding streets.

“To encourage parking on-site, it is proposed that parking will be free for the first two to three hours and free with any in-store purchase thereafter,” Kaufland’s proposal reads.

“All Kaufland staff will be provided with free parking all day, ensuring they park on-site, rather than within the surrounding area.

“On this basis, there is little incentive for Kaufland customers and staff to park within the residential street network.”

Unley councillor Don Palmer said Kaufland had been “dismissive” of traffic concerns.

“This is disturbing and I trust SCAP will seek further change in respect of this,” Cr Palmer said.

He was happy Kaufland had proposed to sell the rest of the site for “predominantly residential purposes”.

The new supermarket would be open from midnight to 9pm on weekdays; midnight to 5pm on Saturdays and Sunday, 11am to 5pm.

Community consultation is open until April 1.
From: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... 0213d0e179

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#23 Post by HeapsGood » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:03 am

How are they able to be open from midnight? is this currently allowed under retailer law?

Any news on Kaufland taking the Masters Noarlunga site?
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Llessur2002

#24 Post by Llessur2002 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:26 am

HeapsGood wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:03 am
How are they able to be open from midnight? is this currently allowed under retailer law?
The Coles just down the road at at Kurralta Park does this too.

https://www.coles.com.au/store-locator/ ... a-park-406

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#25 Post by Ben » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 am

Yes under current regulation shops are able to open from 12:01am Monday - Friday but need to close at 9pm. Few shops open at this time due to lack of demand. It is similar to how most shops still close at 5:30 other than the supermarkets who open till 9. It would make it easier if they were just given 24 hour trading Monday - Friday so those that want to take it up can. I believe the liberals proposed this but it was rejected in parliament.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#26 Post by crawf » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Ben wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 am
Yes under current regulation shops are able to open from 12:01am Monday - Friday but need to close at 9pm. Few shops open at this time due to lack of demand. It is similar to how most shops still close at 5:30 other than the supermarkets who open till 9. It would make it easier if they were just given 24 hour trading Monday - Friday so those that want to take it up can. I believe the liberals proposed this but it was rejected in parliament.
Most idiotic regulations in the country

Kind thanks to Labor and SA Best.

noted
High Rise Poster!

#27 Post by noted » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:46 pm

Ben wrote:
Much easier, but are you sure that is what the Liberal plan proposed? I remember getting excited when I heard they were planning to deregulate the shopping hours, but then being sorely disappointed by what I read in the link below. Other than the changes to weekends which are long overdue, it didn't seem to address the hours which I believe most people really want to see change which is between 9pm and midnight. Would love to be corrected though, so if you are aware of an updated version please let me know.

https://strongplan.com.au/wp-content/up ... -HOURS.pdf

Nort

#28 Post by Nort » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:09 pm

crawf wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:41 pm
Ben wrote:
Most idiotic regulations in the country

Kind thanks to Labor and SA Best.
Someone's never seen the WA rules...

TorrensSA
High Rise Poster!

#29 Post by TorrensSA » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:41 pm

The trading laws are non-exempt shops can open midnight to 9pm on Weekdays, midnight to 5pm on Saturday and 11am to 5pm on Sundays. Kaufland could build a store at the airport and be allowed to trade 24/7 since it's on federal land, this is how Harbortown trades on public holidays it's not in one of the special trading areas (CBD and Glenelg)

A-Town
High Rise Poster!

#30 Post by A-Town » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:46 pm

It's astonishing that shops can open from 12am to 9pm weekdays, but not between 9pm and 12am.