[CAN] Castle Plaza Shopping Centre Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: #Proposed - Castle Plaza redevelopment

#106 Post by Ben » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Adeguy72 wrote:OK - Interesting.

Must admit I hardly ever go to Kuralta Park Shopping Centre - unless driving past. I wouldn't call it a destination shopping centre.

Will be good once castle Plaza receives a facelift - it is looking very tired.

Does any one know what tenants will be moving in - I assume an extra discount department store & maybe a mini major or 2? Best & Less would probably trade well there given the demographics of the area?
Only announcements so far are: Woolworths, Big W and Dan Murpheys.

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#107 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Ben wrote:

Must admit I hardly ever go to Kuralta Park Shopping Centre - unless driving past. I wouldn't call it a destination shopping centre.

Does any one know what tenants will be moving in - I assume an extra discount department store & maybe a mini major or 2? Best & Less would probably trade well there given the demographics of the area?
So, just Woolworths, then. :P
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#108 Post by Ben » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:14 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Ben wrote:

So, just Woolworths, then. :P
Yep. Good and bad. Atleast it means securing a big development but yes a monopoly.

rhino

#109 Post by rhino » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:20 pm

I wonder if Woolworths are going to soon be selling discount apartments?
cheers,
Rhino

pushbutton
Legendary Member!

#110 Post by pushbutton » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:41 pm

rhino wrote:I wonder if Woolworths are going to soon be selling discount apartments?
Where do I sign?

JamesXander
High Rise Poster!

#111 Post by JamesXander » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:58 am

Is this one of those developements where by Woolworths (through a subsiduary) buys the land, redevelopes it, installs woolworths tenants, then sells it back to the owner/new buyer?

They do that alot these days (I think wesfarmers does it as well, but not to the scale of Woolies).

AG
VIP Member
VIP Member

#112 Post by AG » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:29 pm

Woolworths doesn't own the site, they are merely one of the anchor tenants. The owner of both the existing Castle Plaza and the Hills site is Colonial First State.

RayRichards
High Rise Poster!

#113 Post by RayRichards » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:57 pm

I always thought by closing both Woodlands Park and Edwardstown Railway stations and having a "South Road Tram Overpass" style on top of the existing Raglan Street railway crossing. It would also open up the Western part of Edwardstown by eliminating a dreaded crossing which is now plauguing the oaklands crossing near Marion shopping centre.

Ray.

adam73837
High Rise Poster!
Location: The wilderness being sustained by nutrients in the air and powering my laptop with positive energy

#114 Post by adam73837 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:38 pm

If they proceed with residential development on this site, will they be treating it as a TOD and constructing a train station next to Raglan Avenue?
I take back many of the things I said before 2010; particularly my anti-Rann rants. While I still maintain some of said opinions, I feel I could have been less arrogant. I also apologise to people I offended; while knowing I can't fully take much back. :)

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#115 Post by Ben » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:41 am

Article in this weeks messenger saying that Colonial first State are still waiting on approval before works can commence. What is taking so long? Has all this focus on rejuvinating the CBD taken too many resources away from BAU tasks? This is ridiculous how long this approval is taking!

Burger
Gold-Member ;)

#116 Post by Burger » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Kmart have inked a deal to take over a reconfigured Target space when (more than 'if') the development goes ahead.

Omicron

#117 Post by Omicron » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Burger wrote:Kmart have inked a deal to take over a reconfigured Target space when (more than 'if') the development goes ahead.
And the idea is for Target to move into the new space?

Ooh, Kurralta Park won't be a fan of that. A CBD store arrives, closely followed by Castle Plaza? Ouch.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

#118 Post by Ben » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 am

That is disappointing. That Target is actually quite amazing for anything Home related. I would never set foot in Kmart. Simply put it's all trash.

omada
Donating Member
Donating Member

#119 Post by omada » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:20 am

Any news on this one? I need something to bump up my house price, the groundwater contamination did not help.

Ben
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: PRO: Castle Plaza Shopping Centre Redevelopment

#120 Post by Ben » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:47 am

Minor renovation works are currently underway.
Southern Entry Statement Renovation Works

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Following the Centre’s rebrand in August 2014 Castle Plaza will be undergoing a number of upgrade projects throughout 2015. The plan includes entry statement works, refurbishment of the South Road pylon signs, car park landscaping, and the introduction of a car wash in the eastern car park adjacent South Road.

Works have commenced on the first entry upgrade at the southern end of the centre near Coles. The existing structure will be transformed into an inviting, contemporary entry statement with automatic frameless doors, external timber-look (Biowood) cladding. The external floor will be relaid with pebblecrete and new outdoor furniture will be introduced. The renovations are due for completion mid-March when works will begin on the second entry near Foodland.

Castle Plaza has recently completed a number of smaller projects including, converting all mall lighting over to LED; significantly reducing the centre’s carbon footprint. The mall furniture has been replaced with more comfortable lounges/ottomans and recycling bins have been added to the main malls. Designated pram parking has also been introduced and the centre is currently working on plans to install a brand new indoor playground.
http://www.castleplazashopping.com.au/N ... enovation/