[CAN] Castle Plaza Shopping Centre Redevelopment

All high-rise, low-rise and street developments in areas other than the CBD and North Adelaide. Includes Port Adelaide and Glenelg.
Cruise
Banned
Banned

Re: #Proposed - Castle Plaza redevelopment

#31 Post by Cruise » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:48 pm

pushbutton wrote:There will definately not be a David Jones there, but Myer is a possibility because I do know they are looking for more sites in Adelaide. Also Myer is no longer aiming to be an up-market department store as it was, and they are willing to open smaller stores so Castle Plaza could be a possible site for a Myer (although they haven't committed to this yet as far as I am aware).
Yes, Myer are rebaging the Noarlunga and Elizabeth Harris scarfe stores as their own, i think their image will take a slide after this, be nothing more than Kmart.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#32 Post by crawf » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:08 pm

Cruise Control wrote:
pushbutton wrote:There will definately not be a David Jones there, but Myer is a possibility because I do know they are looking for more sites in Adelaide. Also Myer is no longer aiming to be an up-market department store as it was, and they are willing to open smaller stores so Castle Plaza could be a possible site for a Myer (although they haven't committed to this yet as far as I am aware).
Yes, Myer are rebaging the Noarlunga and Elizabeth Harris scarfe stores as their own, i think their image will take a slide after this, be nothing more than Kmart.
Hasn't it already lol.

Myer is really on par with Harris Scrafe and Target, David Jones is way ahead.

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

#33 Post by bmw boy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:27 am

crawf wrote:
Cruise Control wrote:
Hasn't it already lol.

according to matterial from a markting lecture i had... this is the case...

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#34 Post by Norman » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:39 am

I'm excited about this one, I prefer to shop at Coles Catle Plaza than Coles Marion, Park Holme or Marion Road because they have a wider selection there.
.::G!oRgOs::. wrote:Kmart will be losing its branding and will form Coles Megastore or something of that nature in the future.
Would be good for them to open a real department store there...like Myer or David Jones!
The Coles/K-Mart merge is off since Westfarmer bought Coles Group.
jimmy_2486 wrote:Don't knock down Park Holme Shopping center!!! it looks like parliament house!!!lol

Seriously through yeah it is a bit old and shabby.
I hate that shopping centre, it needs to be renovated ASAP, the Coles and all the other shops bar Bakers Delight are tired, and the Cheesecake Shop is even worse. Now that is a poor location!

I also think the Marion Road shopping centre (near Finniss Street) needs a major upgrade as well, the former Bi-Lo now Coles is in need of renovation.

rhino
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#35 Post by rhino » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:37 pm

normangerman wrote: The Coles/K-Mart merge is off since Westfarmer bought Coles Group.
Huh? K-Mart is part of the Coles Group, they were never going to merge. More likely K-Mart will be re-badged to become a Coles Department Store in a bid to lift it's (K-Mart's) image, in a similar way to Bi-Lo being re-badged as Coles for the same reason. (Bi-Lo was also part of the Coles group).
cheers,
Rhino

Diamond
High Rise Poster!

#36 Post by Diamond » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:35 pm

crawf wrote:
Cruise Control wrote:
Hasn't it already lol.

You can't be serious man. Myer shits on HS and Target, though it is inferior to David Jones.
Vladimir Putin - TIME Magazine's Man Of The Year 2007

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

#37 Post by bmw boy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Hariss Scarfe is a joke

jimmy_2486
Legendary Member!

#38 Post by jimmy_2486 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:59 pm

A lot of old people shop at harris scarfe.

bmw boy
High Rise Poster!

#39 Post by bmw boy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:12 pm

lol i know that...its a very grandma shop

in the rundle mall store... the rundle mall entrance down stairs area smells like wet dog haha.... well it used to anyway... havnt been there for a few years since its gone down hill.
Last edited by bmw boy on Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bulldozer
High Rise Poster!

#40 Post by Bulldozer » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:06 am

Cruise Control wrote:Yes, Myer are rebaging the Noarlunga and Elizabeth Harris scarfe stores as their own, i think their image will take a slide after this, be nothing more than Kmart.
I don't know about the Elizabeth store, but the Noarlunga store previously was Myer since Colonnades opened in the 70's. Myer sold it off to Harris Scarfe though because it was losing money. Harris Scarfe then renovated it and stopped using the top two floors. The second floor was converted to a few large shops - JB HiFi and a couple of others I can't remember. Don't know what happened to the third floor since it's only accessible from inside the store.

Since Myer was bought back from Coles, it's gone through a dramatic turn around (that's an understatement) and now they realise that the store would be profitable - especially with the thousands of new homes that have been built since they sold it off and will be built in the future. The nearest "upmarket" shopping is at Marion, some 20 - 30 minutes away.

Tom
High Rise Poster!

#41 Post by Tom » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:44 pm

Its good to see Big W isnt even on that chart :lol: . They have to be one of worse shops around.
Garno!

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#42 Post by crawf » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:06 pm

Its better than "K Mart" :wink:

Tom
High Rise Poster!

#43 Post by Tom » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:00 pm

crawf wrote:Its better than "K Mart" :wink: