U/C: Electrification & Upgrade of the Adelaide Rail Network

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
SBD
High Rise Poster!

Re: U/C: Electrification & Upgrade of the Adelaide Rail Network

#3001 Post by SBD » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:37 pm

PeFe wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:15 pm
Just taking a "stab" in the dark, but I dont think the Flinders link train extension can be built until the Darlington Road upgrade has nearly finished.....
The "right turn" bridge onto Ayliffes Road is being built and then moved in to position like the two flyovers of South Road over the end of the Expressway. The road bridge probably has to be able to walk through the space where the railway bridge will eventually be before the railway bridge can be built.

Mr Messy
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3002 Post by Mr Messy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 am

The latest community liaison minutes say that detailed design is almost finished and they are in the process of enlisting a contractor

[Shuz]
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#3003 Post by [Shuz] » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:00 am

EBG wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:05 pm
What has happened to the Tonsley to FMC link. There has been no news since the election. Are the liberals just going to review this project for 6 months then quietly forget about it.
You can see the piles being built for the support structures of the bridge as part of the Darlington roadworks. Maybe not from the car window, but if you get on a bus and sit at the very back, you can see over the fence.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.