[U/C] North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
aceman
High Rise Poster!

[U/C] Re: North-South Motorway

#3556 Post by aceman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:29 pm

yep and that's how it will remain until there is funding, that's the reality unfortunately. in my old job I would often get caught out for hours at times. all it takes is a vehicle breakdown, accident or in this case a water main and it quickly turns into the south road car park. there's no quick fix it's at least another decade away.

Ser Noit of Loit
High Rise Poster!

#3557 Post by Ser Noit of Loit » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:46 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:35 am
It's wider because it accommodates 4 lanes each way, plus merging lanes.
I mean seeing it in real life made the size of it really apparant. For me at least things look bigger in real life than they do in pictures and videos.

muzzamo
Legendary Member!

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: North-South Motorway

#3558 Post by muzzamo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:49 pm

phenom wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:56 pm
Norman wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 pm
A new video has been posted by DPTI showing the journey from Tonsley to Flinders Drive.

https://youtu.be/A1cAjoM-c_A

And Ayliffes Road to Southern Expressway

https://youtu.be/wIUhogWAHGU
Interesting that they deleted the Ayliffes Road to Southern Expressway video at some point today - it was there earlier but it's now unavailable. I didn't see anything too controversial about it so I don't know why they took it off... hopefully comes back on soon though..
There is a classic episode of utopia about this - season 3 episode 1 from memory. The people walking around in the render probably weren’t diverse enough or something.

aceman
High Rise Poster!

#3559 Post by aceman » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:21 pm

has anyone seen whether they have started laying bitumen in the trench near flinders drive? I swear I could smell it as I was travelling south today but you can't see into the trench while travelling in that direction.

kymbosa
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#3560 Post by kymbosa » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:04 am

aceman wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:21 pm
has anyone seen whether they have started laying bitumen in the trench near flinders drive? I swear I could smell it as I was travelling south today but you can't see into the trench while travelling in that direction.
Yes they have and by the end of April, south bound traffic should be able to drive on the lower section. Entrance on to it will be 30m past the Shepards Hill road intersection.