[U/C] Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Message
Author
SBD
Legendary Member!
Posts: 830
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Location: Blakeview
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 68 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#706 Post by SBD » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:23 pm
In the original plan wasn't there direct access from OTR Bolivar to the Northern Connector Southbound?
That seems to be true in the diagram at https://infrastructure.sa.gov.au/nsc/no ... hange_maps but it's hard to tell as that diagram doesn't show height differences.

It's hard to tell whether that will still be what is being built. At the moment, Hodgson Road is still the access road into the Bolivar water treatment site, and the new access is not shown on the interchange plan

Hooligan
Legendary Member!
Posts: 810
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 12 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#707 Post by Hooligan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:01 am

There are signs up saying the Port River Expressway will be closed from the 11th of January until the 14th of January.

I can only assume this will be to put the road bridge over the expressway in place.

Code: Select all

Signature removed 

User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1219
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 208 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: [U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#708 Post by ChillyPhilly » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:42 am

Hooligan wrote:There are signs up saying the Port River Expressway will be closed from the 11th of January until the 14th of January.

I can only assume this will be to put the road bridge over the expressway in place.
Correctamundo.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

mawsonguy
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am
Been thanked: 74 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#709 Post by mawsonguy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 am

Bridge beams over Port River Expressway being lifted into place - https://www.facebook.com/7NewsAdelaide/ ... 939655553/

Bacon
Gold-Member ;)
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:17 pm
Been thanked: 7 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#710 Post by Bacon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 am

I noticed they are reclaiming a heap of land over on the Port Wakefield Rd side of the salt pans, does this have anything to do with the NC project?

mawsonguy
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am
Been thanked: 74 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#711 Post by mawsonguy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Bacon wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 am
I noticed they are reclaiming a heap of land over on the Port Wakefield Rd side of the salt pans, does this have anything to do with the NC project?
They've been doing it for about 6 months now. Doesn't appear to be any connection to the Northern Connector. They appear to be reclaiming the land by raising it up to the level of the embankments and levelling it. Now idea where they are getting the dirt from.

Eurostar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 21 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#712 Post by Eurostar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm

mawsonguy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:59 pm
Bacon wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:55 am
I noticed they are reclaiming a heap of land over on the Port Wakefield Rd side of the salt pans, does this have anything to do with the NC project?
They've been doing it for about 6 months now. Doesn't appear to be any connection to the Northern Connector. They appear to be reclaiming the land by raising it up to the level of the embankments and levelling it. Now idea where they are getting the dirt from.
Getting it ready to sell the land to a land developer maybe, I am sure Lend Lease could make a nice suburb out of it , they did a good job transforming The Levels swamp into a successful suburb

mawsonguy
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am
Been thanked: 74 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#713 Post by mawsonguy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm
Getting it ready to sell the land to a land developer maybe, I am sure Lend Lease could make a nice suburb out of it , they did a good job transforming The Levels swamp into a successful suburb
It's only a very small part of the land. For reclamation projects it's normally left to the developer (e.g. Delfin\Lend Lease) to reclaim the land as they dig out lakes etc to provide the fill for the building blocks. The conceptual drawings I've seen for the salt pans development show a large lake, connected to the ocean, in the middle.

I suspect that what is happening is that the owner is reclaiming a small section to sell as industrial allotments to provide cashflow until the residential project kicks off. Getting planning approval for a few industrial allotments along Port Wakefield Rd is going to take a lot less time than the approval process for the residential development. Also, the residential market is soft at the moment.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!
Posts: 874
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 125 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#714 Post by Goodsy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:04 pm

mawsonguy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm
Getting it ready to sell the land to a land developer maybe, I am sure Lend Lease could make a nice suburb out of it , they did a good job transforming The Levels swamp into a successful suburb
It's only a very small part of the land. For reclamation projects it's normally left to the developer (e.g. Delfin\Lend Lease) to reclaim the land as they dig out lakes etc to provide the fill for the building blocks. The conceptual drawings I've seen for the salt pans development show a large lake, connected to the ocean, in the middle.

I suspect that what is happening is that the owner is reclaiming a small section to sell as industrial allotments to provide cashflow until the residential project kicks off. Getting planning approval for a few industrial allotments along Port Wakefield Rd is going to take a lot less time than the approval process for the residential development. Also, the residential market is soft at the moment.
If there's going to be an Industrial estate in the Salt Pan development then hopefully the Globe Derby Dr interchange goes ahead

Eurostar
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 21 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#715 Post by Eurostar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:48 pm

mawsonguy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm
Getting it ready to sell the land to a land developer maybe, I am sure Lend Lease could make a nice suburb out of it , they did a good job transforming The Levels swamp into a successful suburb
It's only a very small part of the land. For reclamation projects it's normally left to the developer (e.g. Delfin\Lend Lease) to reclaim the land as they dig out lakes etc to provide the fill for the building blocks. The conceptual drawings I've seen for the salt pans development show a large lake, connected to the ocean, in the middle.

I suspect that what is happening is that the owner is reclaiming a small section to sell as industrial allotments to provide cashflow until the residential project kicks off. Getting planning approval for a few industrial allotments along Port Wakefield Rd is going to take a lot less time than the approval process for the residential development. Also, the residential market is soft at the moment.
On second thoughts Lend Lease will most likely continue expanding Blakes Crossing.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!
Posts: 874
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 125 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#716 Post by Goodsy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:04 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:48 pm
mawsonguy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:30 pm
Eurostar wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm
Getting it ready to sell the land to a land developer maybe, I am sure Lend Lease could make a nice suburb out of it , they did a good job transforming The Levels swamp into a successful suburb
It's only a very small part of the land. For reclamation projects it's normally left to the developer (e.g. Delfin\Lend Lease) to reclaim the land as they dig out lakes etc to provide the fill for the building blocks. The conceptual drawings I've seen for the salt pans development show a large lake, connected to the ocean, in the middle.

I suspect that what is happening is that the owner is reclaiming a small section to sell as industrial allotments to provide cashflow until the residential project kicks off. Getting planning approval for a few industrial allotments along Port Wakefield Rd is going to take a lot less time than the approval process for the residential development. Also, the residential market is soft at the moment.
On second thoughts Lend Lease will most likely continue expanding Blakes Crossing.
They are expanding is right now, in fact they're using the Northhub to hire people for Blakes Crossing

http://northhub.sa.gov.au/jobtools/jncu ... rchResults

mawsonguy
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am
Been thanked: 74 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#717 Post by mawsonguy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:57 am

Goodsy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:04 pm
If there's going to be an Industrial estate in the Salt Pan development then hopefully the Globe Derby Dr interchange goes ahead
I cannot see that happening until Elder Smith Rd is extended from Salisbury Highway to Port Wakefield Rd and widened to 4 lanes. Whilst that is in the forward 15 year plan there is no sign of it happening any time soon.

Goodsy
Legendary Member!
Posts: 874
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 125 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#718 Post by Goodsy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:13 pm


User avatar
ChillyPhilly
Legendary Member!
Posts: 1219
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: Adder-Laid, South Australia.
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 208 times
Contact:

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#719 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Snapped around 6pm.

Image

Image
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

mawsonguy
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am
Been thanked: 74 times

[U/C] Re: Northern Connector | 14km | $1b

#720 Post by mawsonguy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:24 am

I found these photos on a DPTI website which were taken on 12 January 2019. The first is intersting as it clearly shows the alignment through the interchange of the northern connector, northbound to eastbound off ramp and the eastbound to southbound on ramp. The second shows that the northern support of the existing off\on ramp bridge is smack in the middle of the new alignment for the PREXY. That bridge will probably have to be demolished - what a waste of taxpayers money!

Image

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mawsonguy and 9 guests