News & Discussion: Water Infrastructure

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Wayno
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: #UC: Adelaide metropolitan water pipeline interconnects

#181 Post by Wayno » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:53 pm

rev wrote:Victoria Park is being irrigated entirely with recycled water.
i suppose that's the exception to the rule, and parts of the botanic gardens too. I'm interested in beautifying other parts of the park lands - especially the rather barren SW corner.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Vee
Legendary Member!

#182 Post by Vee » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Wayno wrote:
rev wrote:Victoria Park is being irrigated entirely with recycled water.
i suppose that's the exception to the rule, and parts of the botanic gardens too. I'm interested in beautifying other parts of the park lands - especially the rather barren SW corner.
+1
The southwest area of the park lands appears to be rather neglected, stemming from its proximity to the Showgrounds and value as a parking lot for main events.

This area of park lands would be the closest local recreational area for any intensive residential development in the vicinity of Greenhill Road (densification) and would benefit from a planned garden, maintained with recycled water. This would provide an improved outlook for medium rise apartments and functional space for nearby residents as well as contribute to the enhancement of the park lands as a major attraction for our city.

AtD
VIP Member
VIP Member

#183 Post by AtD » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Unfortunately the other side of Greenhill Road is of no concern to the ACC.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#184 Post by crawf » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Another reason why all the central councils need to merge into one major city council. One day hopefully.....

jase111
Gold-Member ;)

#185 Post by jase111 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:08 pm

There are signs up on Brighton ,Marion ,morphett roads about gas main replacement / upgrade does this have any thing to do with the water main upgrade on Marion road planned for next year?