COM: Seaford Rail Extension | $291m | 5.5km

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Archer
High Rise Poster!

Re: #UC: Noarlunga - Seaford rail extension

#286 Post by Archer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:54 pm

A time lapse video of the construction of the the bridge is now available on DTEISouthAust's YouTube channel. It shows full time lapse captures from both Northern and Southern construction sites as well as a side view of the over all bridge being pushed into place. Pretty Impressive stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNm7TTuP ... ture=g-u-u

Port Adelaide Fan
High Rise Poster!

#287 Post by Port Adelaide Fan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Worker injured on Seaford Rail line

A WORKER on the Seaford Rail extension has been taken to hospital with serious leg injuries.

Ambulance officers were called to Lynton Tce, Seaford, yesterday just after noon treat a 19-year-old man who had been working at the site.

It is believed he had sustained leg injuries after being hit by an excavator.

He was taken to the Flinders Medical Centre.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... 6473653471

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

#288 Post by 85trainfan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:58 pm

After a couple of weeks being a bit slack, Some pictures from today's works. (Some pictures are not the usual good quality, I only noticed this when uploading onto the computer. I think the camera needs to be repaired again :x )

With the bridge deck complete, work has now started on installing the Drainage and signalling system cables. The overhead supports are also going up at a good rate. An expansion joint, has now been made in the Northern section of the bridge.

With the casting basin now removed, work has started on the support walls at the base of the bridge.

No new work between Seaford Rd and Lynton Tce. I couldn't get close enough for a decent shot of Seaford Meadows as fencing has now been erected along side the roadway on Seaford rd :(
Seaford Station is moving along nicely, with the overhead structure supports now complete, and the mesh screens on the walkway continue to be installed. The ramp from the carpark to the Up platform is now visible, and the bus interchange road shape is now more visible.
Regards Jarrod

Any posts made are my own opinion and do not represent any organisation with which I am associated.

Vjkdigital
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#289 Post by Vjkdigital » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:25 am

Thanks TrainFan. 8)

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

#290 Post by 85trainfan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi All,
A nice big update this week.

No new work noticed between Noarlunga Centre and the Northern end of the estuary Bridge.
The launching noses that were connected to the bridge spans as they were pushed out were removed from the site today. Meanwhile the crews continue to work on the bridge. The northern Half is still missing the Overhead Support Poles, while at the southern end, a Grader was running up and down (I guessing spreading ballast, but i couldn't see any ballast pile or trucks dropping ballast). The crew erecting the Overhead Support poles were erecting the missing poles between the Seaford Meadows Depot and the Southern Bridge Abutment today.

The Launching noses ready to depart
Grader on top of the Bridge.
Erecting the Overhead Support poles.

No new work noticed at the Depot buildings, A small bitumen turnaround for road vehicles has now been sealed by the Depot Gates at the Northern end.
The Seaford Meadow's Station is coming along nicely. The Walkway to Overhead Walkway now has its handrails in position, The Overhead support poles for the Depot entrance Track located between the Park N Ride and the Station are in, And the Southern Carpark is Sealed, while the Northern carpark has been Landscaped.
Up on Seaford Road the Kiss N Go area is nearly ready to go,The signs are up Indicating its intended use, the temporary fencing has been removed, just awaiting the concrete barriers to be removed, and the Final Road base to be layed..
Under the Seaford Rd Bridge crews were installation the Depot entry/Exit track, with a Catch point and crossover now installed.

Seaford Meadows Park N Ride
Seaford Meadows station (Not the best shot, that damn pole :evil: )
Kiss N Go area on Seaford Rd
Seaford Meadows Entrance points
Close Up of the Catch Point.

No New work noticed between Seaford Rd and Lynton Tce, while at Seaford, Crews are still working on the Overhead Walkway, The ramp adjacent Lynton Tce to the Up Platform had its form work in place, just awaiting cementing. The bus interchange now has all of its gutters in place, and the Up Platform has its Tactile indicators installed. landscaping contractors are working on the crap ark Landscaping, while anther crew is building a new Pedestrian crossing on Lynton Tce.

Seaford Station
Seaford Station Park N Ride
Regards Jarrod

Any posts made are my own opinion and do not represent any organisation with which I am associated.

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

Re: #U/C: Seaford Rail Extension | $291m | 5.5km

#292 Post by 85trainfan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi All
Some Photos from Today's works. Not long till its finished now. :cheers:

The Northern Bridge Abutment embankment now in place.

Laying the depot Track under Seaford Rd.

New track under Lynton Tce.

Seaford Station overview.

The roof over the Up Platform.

Seaford Station "Kiss N Go" drop off zone, and Car park.
Regards Jarrod

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

Re: U/C: Seaford Rail Extension | $291m | 5.5km

#293 Post by 85trainfan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:22 pm

The Onkaparinga Estuary Bridge, now has all the Overhead Masts in position, and today saw the first of scaffold and support structures taken down from around the Piers.

The Southern Entry to the depot is now laid and after today is Ballasted, with the Ballast train loading near the Seaford Meadows Station, then entering through the North end of the Yard and pushing back to Drop along the Southern Access Rd. All Overhead Mast's are up adjacent the depot Access line.
Lines have now been painted in the Car park at seaford Meadows, and some signage on the access rd from Seaford Rd has appeared, but is covered up at this stage.

Between Seaford Meadows and Seaford, The Track team have been busy with the Ballast Train, Tamper and Ballast Regulator all working in this section. Today saw the Tamper parked over the Seaford Crossover and the Ballast Regulator was working the Down line between the Crossover and the Station Platform.

Seaford Station is coming along nicely too. Platforms have received there Lettering and Numbers, with the Bins, Seats and Leaning posts now installed. The adjacent paths leading to the Station on the Eastern side now have retaining walls in place.
The Gardening contractors have finished the area between lynton tce and the Car Park, with work continuing on the island inside the Bus Interchange and rest of the carpark areas.
Regards Jarrod

Ho Really
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#294 Post by Ho Really » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:18 pm

85trainfan, nice images and good angles. Thanks for the coverage.

Cheers
Confucius say: Dumb man climb tree to get cherry, wise man spread limbs.

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

#295 Post by 85trainfan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:36 am

Hi All
Update time again.

The Ballast Train is now operating on the Up track between the Onkaparinga River Bridge and Noarlunga Centre. Ballast is laid up to the Goldsmith Drive Bridge.
Overhead poles are now up in the Cutting between Old Honeypot Rd and the River bridge, while the Down track is still only half laid across the bridge. The Tamper and Ballast Regulator were today working on the Up track across the Bridge.

Not alot of work around the Seaford Meadows Maintence Depot, The 2 stabling tracks now have bitumen walkways installed. The adjacent Seaford Meadows Station is nearly ready, with finishing touches now being applied.
The Seaford Rd Bridge is now re open (after being closed 23rd Nov to 3rd dec) and has the final Road surface laid, with all road lines now in their final position. 2 pedestrian crossing have been installed either side of the bridge aswell.

Seaford Station is basically complete, bar a few finishing touches. The Bike path under lynton Tce is now complete and the bike path is now open, but only crossing lynton tce at grade.
And the new end of the line at seaford, just hope nothing has to use these in a hurry.
Regards Jarrod

ChillyPhilly

#296 Post by ChillyPhilly » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 am

Thanks for all these updates! The money-hungry Nearmap capitalists have forever sealed off free public access to their site, so you're our main man now.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

build 'em smarter
Sen-Rookie-Sational

#297 Post by build 'em smarter » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 am

ChillyPhilly wrote:Thanks for all these updates! The money-hungry Nearmap capitalists have forever sealed off free public access to their site, so you're our main man now.
I just enquired about price, said they would let me know in 3 business days!!!!!!! So much customers being important, how hard can it be to send a price for a standard product, its not like i want anything custom, its just a bloody license.

drsmith
Legendary Member!

#298 Post by drsmith » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:52 pm

build 'em smarter wrote:
ChillyPhilly wrote:Thanks for all these updates! The money-hungry Nearmap capitalists have forever sealed off free public access to their site, so you're our main man now.
I just enquired about price, said they would let me know in 3 business days!!!!!!! So much customers being important, how hard can it be to send a price for a standard product, its not like i want anything custom, its just a bloody license.
I don't think their interested in individual casual users.

Pricing information on their website is almost non-existent, although I did find one licence type that started at $500 per month. I can't find it now.

I suspect they would have had a lot of enquiries from "primary schools". :wink:

https://shop.nearmap.com/education#gove ... ary_school

[Shuz]

#299 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Convenient connection for Seaford commuters

source: http://dpti.sa.gov.au/newconnections/article?item=220

Customers on the new Seaford extension will be able to conveniently and quickly connect with new electric trains thanks to the design of the two new stations.

The Seaford and Seaford Meadows stations are being built to make for an easy transition between different modes of transport, Project Director David Bartlett said.

“When designing these new stations we saw them as part of a broader transport system rather than a separate, stand-alone rail line,” he said.

“To make the connection with other transport modes easy, the Seaford station has a bus interchange, which will have the bus timetable linked to the train arrivals and departures.

“Both stations have convenient access for pedestrians and cyclists, and a drop-off area or parking for those arriving by car.”

The wait at the stations won’t be long with trains expected to run every 5 to 7 minutes in peak periods.

The stations have been built with lifts, stairs and alternate ramp access.

The pedestrian overpasses include an orange colour to reflect the young, energetic character of the area and will be complemented by the landscaping of the surrounds.

Construction of the stations is expected to be complete by late 2012.

The electrified Seaford extension is expected to be open in late 2013.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

The Scooter Guy

#300 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:50 pm

ChillyPhilly wrote:The money-hungry Nearmap capitalists have forever sealed off free public access to their site
And if comic book man from The Simpsons saw this, he would say "WORST IDEA EVER!"
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/