News & Discussion: Hindmarsh Stadium | 18,500

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Message
Author
User avatar
adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 am
Location: The Pissant town

Re: $1.52m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#16 Post by adam_stuckey » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:23 pm

ricecrackers wrote:any chance you could resize and compress those images?...they're very hard to view on my laptop
sorry how's that i'm pretty shit at computers which sucks considering how long i spend on them!
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

User avatar
Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member
Posts: 5644
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Has thanked: 759 times
Been thanked: 1353 times

Re: $1.52m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#17 Post by Norman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Is the other one still there as well?

ricecrackers
Banned
Banned
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Re: $1.52m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#18 Post by ricecrackers » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:59 pm

Norman wrote:Is the other one still there as well?
thats not a fixed structure. its a temporary screen brought in when the season proper starts. its probably hired out somewhere else at other times...it was nowhere to be seen during the pre-season, or the early rounds of the ACL last year
If 50 million believe in a fallacy, it is still a fallacy..." Professor S.W. Carey

flavze
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 11:38 am

Re: $1.52m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#19 Post by flavze » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:45 pm

the screen looked nice at the NRL game on sunday, much better than the old one.

User avatar
adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 am
Location: The Pissant town

Re: $1.52m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#20 Post by adam_stuckey » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:12 am

flavze wrote:the screen looked nice at the NRL game on sunday, much better than the old one.
Was it working for the game?
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

flavze
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 11:38 am

Re: $1.52m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#21 Post by flavze » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:51 am

yeah, it's not the easiest to see if you are in the northern stand directly under it but it's a massive improvement on the old one.

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!
Posts: 3458
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: $1.52m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#22 Post by Waewick » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:00 pm

I put this in another thread in visions, however I think it is worthy of discussion, there is currently a offices for sale on Holden street adjacent to the stadium.

The SA footy federation or whoever runs the damn stadium should be looking at buying this (with or without govt help I guess) it could be knocked down with parking constructed or the commencement of purchasing land around the area to enable the creation of a bigger stadium
I realise people think it is in a shit spot, but considering it now has a tram going relatively close to it,an improvement in carparking is going to go a long way to improving things

User avatar
adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 am
Location: The Pissant town

Re: $1.52m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#23 Post by adam_stuckey » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:00 pm

It's probably heritage listed like everything else that surrounds the stadium
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

ricecrackers
Banned
Banned
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Re: $1.52m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#24 Post by ricecrackers » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:43 pm

capitalist wrote:I put this in another thread in visions, however I think it is worthy of discussion, there is currently a offices for sale on Holden street adjacent to the stadium.

The SA footy federation or whoever runs the damn stadium should be looking at buying this (with or without govt help I guess) it could be knocked down with parking constructed or the commencement of purchasing land around the area to enable the creation of a bigger stadium
I realise people think it is in a shit spot, but considering it now has a tram going relatively close to it,an improvement in carparking is going to go a long way to improving things
the SA Govt owns the stadium

not gonna happen
If 50 million believe in a fallacy, it is still a fallacy..." Professor S.W. Carey

User avatar
adam_stuckey
High Rise Poster!
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 am
Location: The Pissant town

Re: $1.5m on new video screen at Hindmarsh Stadium

#25 Post by adam_stuckey » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 am

ricecrackers wrote:
capitalist wrote:I put this in another thread in visions, however I think it is worthy of discussion, there is currently a offices for sale on Holden street adjacent to the stadium.

The SA footy federation or whoever runs the damn stadium should be looking at buying this (with or without govt help I guess) it could be knocked down with parking constructed or the commencement of purchasing land around the area to enable the creation of a bigger stadium
I realise people think it is in a shit spot, but considering it now has a tram going relatively close to it,an improvement in carparking is going to go a long way to improving things
the SA Govt owns the stadium

not gonna happen
Do they own the whole thing? I read somewhere that one of the issues brought up in the inquiry into why it the redevelopment of the stadium was double what it should have been, was that the local government owned part of Hindmarsh which raised questions of why the money put forward should have been just the state governments.
To try to put it in some sort of perspective the World Cup is as big as having 2 grand finals a day for a month

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests