News & Discussion: O-Bahn

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: O-Bahn

#1231 Post by adelaide transport » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 pm

No-testing and driver training this week.As per new timetables,services begin next Sunday.

timtam20292
Legendary Member!

#1232 Post by timtam20292 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:11 pm

adelaide transport wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 pm
No-testing and driver training this week.As per new timetables,services begin next Sunday.
SA Labor's facebook says first services start using it tomorrow. So they are training bus drivers at the same time?

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#1233 Post by adelaide transport » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:42 pm

ABC TV news reported that some buses will begin using the tunnel from tomorrow,but not all services.

The Scooter Guy
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1234 Post by The Scooter Guy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:04 pm

I absolutely enjoyed my walk in the tunnel, especially the emergency exit corridor! I felt like I was in a video game!
Did you see me on TV? :P
I might even appear in tomorrow's newspaper too.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

Nathan

#1235 Post by Nathan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Our boy loves all things transport, so we bought him down around 2 for the walk-through. Even in the last hour, it was still mighty busy. Having a bus stationed outside the tunnel in the original O-Bahn livery was a nice touch. Feel sorry for the ambos though, the fire engine was much more popular with the kids!

Nort

#1236 Post by Nort » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:59 am

Probably really good reasons to not do it since it would fill the tunnel with leaves, but the Rymill Park end lattice structure would look amazing with a Bougainvillea or a native equivalent growing over it

Brucetiki
Legendary Member!

#1237 Post by Brucetiki » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:49 am

Nathan wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:18 pm
Our boy loves all things transport, so we bought him down around 2 for the walk-through. Even in the last hour, it was still mighty busy. Having a bus stationed outside the tunnel in the original O-Bahn livery was a nice touch. Feel sorry for the ambos though, the fire engine was much more popular with the kids!
Also loved the photos that was on the original 1540 - especially the original 1501/1502 with the SL200 style display screens, the first orders outside PMC, and the original O-Bahn branding.

Nathan

#1238 Post by Nathan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 am

Brucetiki wrote:
Nathan wrote:
Also loved the photos that was on the original 1540 - especially the original 1501/1502 with the SL200 style display screens, the first orders outside PMC, and the original O-Bahn branding.
You'd be impressed then that we have a copy of the original 'Northern Busway' style guide in our studio library.

Nathan

#1239 Post by Nathan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:54 pm

On to the related side-works, what the hell is going on with this paving on the Rundle St corner (outside San Churro)?

rhino

#1240 Post by rhino » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:07 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:26 pm
Norm, this isn't the 1950s anymore where every John, Dick and Larry stops for a chat with the bus driver and sends a Christmas card to his family. People just want to get from A to B. The driver's job is to do just exactly that.
WTF is this?? Do you think you're too cool to acknowledge someone who's job it is to take you from A to B? Too TOOL more like it. I don't know what your job is, but I assume you are happy if you are never acknowledged for making somebody's day a little more pleasant, because you get paid and that should do. It's people with your attitude that are to blame for poor service.
cheers,
Rhino

The Scooter Guy

#1241 Post by The Scooter Guy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Nathan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:58 am
Brucetiki wrote:
Nathan wrote:
You'd be impressed then that we have a copy of the original 'Northern Busway' style guide in our studio library.

I'd like to have a look inside that guide.
For starters, my avatar is the well-known Adelaide Aquatic Centre insignia from 1989.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWk8YPx2zHziHgvyPy_9fxQ
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthescooterguy/
http://ryansbedroom.tumblr.com/

[Shuz]

#1242 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 pm

rhino wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:07 pm
[Shuz] wrote:
Norm, this isn't the 1950s anymore where every John, Dick and Larry stops for a chat with the bus driver and sends a Christmas card to his family. People just want to get from A to B. The driver's job is to do just exactly that.
WTF is this?? Do you think you're too cool to acknowledge someone who's job it is to take you from A to B? Too TOOL more like it. I don't know what your job is, but I assume you are happy if you are never acknowledged for making somebody's day a little more pleasant, because you get paid and that should do. It's people with your attitude that are to blame for poor service.
There are signs aboard all buses, trains and trams stating that there is no correspondence to be had with the driver of the vehicle. It's not a matter of being cool. It's following those instructions.

Those who disobey it are the rude ones.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

rhino

#1243 Post by rhino » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:19 pm

[Shuz] wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 pm
rhino wrote:
[Shuz] wrote:
There are signs aboard all buses, trains and trams stating that there is no correspondence to be had with the driver of the vehicle. It's not a matter of being cool. It's following those instructions.

Yes, I'm sure those signs are there to deter travellers from saying Hi or Good Morning to the driver when they board, or to say Thank You or Goodbye when they alight. How rude that would be, indeed!

Common sense dictates that those signs are to deter travellers from standing and conversing with the driver during travel Shuz.
cheers,
Rhino

[Shuz]

#1244 Post by [Shuz] » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Ergo, refer to my original post.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

citywatcher
Legendary Member!

#1245 Post by citywatcher » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm

rhino wrote:
[Shuz] wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:10 pm
rhino wrote:

Yes, I'm sure those signs are there to deter travellers from saying Hi or Good Morning to the driver when they board, or to say Thank You or Goodbye when they alight. How rude that would be, indeed!

Common sense dictates that those signs are to deter travellers from standing and conversing with the driver during travel Shuz.
Not like you rhino to get miffed
I usually try to acknowledge the driver but sometimes they're grumpy and don't look at you so I don't bother
We all have our good and bad days

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk