News & Discussion: O-Bahn

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
PeFe
Legendary Member!

Re: News & Discussion: O-Bahn

#1456 Post by PeFe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:32 pm

And the locals objected to 4 storey apartment block near the Paradise Interchange because if everyone in the new block owned a car there would be an extra 32 cars in the area...

So the locals won the fight against the apartment block, but don't seem very interested in this monstrous 1970's throwback car park....here comes 1,000 cars every day.....

Just wait until the car park is built and there is a massive traffic jam every morning and evening as 1,000 commuters try to drive in and out at approximately the same time.....

And I have bo doubt that the people who do use the car park would be able to continue their journey home by bus.....but they choose not to....

The O-Bahn stops should be tods....not car parks, that's a total fail in my view from the DPTI and successive governments, and a total fail from a general cultural point of view.

I hope the render of the car park is totally accurate so that the 1970's car culture sits there staring back at the local residents every day.

1NEEDS2POST
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: O-Bahn

#1457 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:01 pm

PeFe wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:32 pm
And the locals objected to 4 storey apartment block near the Paradise Interchange because if everyone in the new block owned a car there would be an extra 32 cars in the area...
The irony is those 32 cars wouldn't be used every day, since the residents will be taking public transport most days. Meanwhile the commuter car park will be used every day.