News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

Re: News & Discussion: Adelaide Metro Buses

#826 Post by adelaide transport » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:58 pm

Route 16 will run via Anzac Highway, Brighton Road and Sturt Road to Marion Shopping Centre.
Route 63 Will operate to/from Marion Shopping Centre via Sturt Road, Brighton Station, King George Avenue(servicing 3 schools) Whyte and Tarlton Streets to Glenelg Interchange.
Ideally it should detour to serve Brighton Station

Modbury_Man
Gold-Member ;)

#827 Post by Modbury_Man » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 pm

Also I presume the actual AdelaideMetro consultation will be out in the not too distant future given consultation starts in April - maybe next week?
Last edited by Modbury_Man on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Modbury_Man
Gold-Member ;)

#828 Post by Modbury_Man » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 pm

Re Route 59 - Port Adelaide > Arndale > Regency Park
- I don't think it will go down Torrens Rd at all as Route 17 is a Go Zone and this would be over servicing this section of road - maybe down Port Rd, Woodville Rd to Arndale given the gaps on these roads? I don't think the current route on Newcastle St is too well patronised? I think then it will end up in the Regency Park industrial area somewhere given the removal of the 239 service which services workers along South and Grand Junction Roads. I'd presume it will enter Regency Park at the Kateena St traffic lights and maybe stop near the Service SA office or loop around that area?

Also would any bus serve Ottoway (Eastern Pde) and Bedford St to the eastern end of St Vincent St? Maybe the 51 (former 361)? On most 361 runs it barely stops between Hanson Rd and the Port, so might provide some additional patronage for the route?

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#829 Post by adelaide transport » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:42 am

ginzahikari wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:16 pm
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 55363&z=12

Map of the redesigned bus network (everything speculative), will be completed and updated in the next few days
Was wondering what service will operate along Diagonal Road Darlington,and is there are service along Miller Street Darlington to replace Route 200?

ChillyPhilly
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#830 Post by ChillyPhilly » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:20 pm

As I posted in a different thread, Adelaide Metro will no longer sell tickets on buses. Other announcements within.

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... g-cashless
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Modbury_Man
Gold-Member ;)

#831 Post by Modbury_Man » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:09 pm

Ginzahikari you're map is looking excellent - just a few comments re the Outer North area -

- 900 - the Parliamentary Report definitely says it is going Salisbury - Virginia - Mawson Lakes - I think that it will be a semi-circle route like it is now. My thoughts are that it will run from Salisbury via Waterloo Corner Rd, Heaslip Rd, Penfield Rd, Leach St loop, Old Port Wakefield Rd, Port Wakefield Rd, Ryans Rd, George St, Elder Smith Dr to Mawson Interchange

- TT13 - also go via Jarvis Rd and March St to service the Central Districts Calvary Hospital.

- TT14 - Given the report says it goes along Nelson Rd, I'm thinking it will go along Nelson Rd and the 229 will go along Liberman Dr?

- TT16 - The report says this goes Elizabeth - Mawson - TTP. I don't think it will go down Bridge Rd and the Route 4 is already a Go Zone in its own right. I predict that he TT16 will be from TTP, Smart Rd, Reservoir Rd, Montague Rd, Mawson Lakes Bvd, Park Way, into the Uni and Mawson Lakes Town Centre and Interchange then at a guess presuming to get to Elizabeth it will go via the current 224 route via Salisbury Hwy, Salisbury, Lyell McEwin and Phillip Hwy to save doubling up on the TT15? Seems strange though to follow the 224 seeing as it competes with the train. Maybe the TT16 will go via Kings Rd somehow?

- 566 - deviate off Wynn Vale Dr right into Keithcott Farm Dr, right into Hillendale Dr and left into Golden Way to Golden Grove

ginzahikari
Gold-Member ;)

#832 Post by ginzahikari » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:34 pm

Modbury_Man wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:09 pm
Ginzahikari you're map is looking excellent - just a few comments re the Outer North area -

- 900 - the Parliamentary Report definitely says it is going Salisbury - Virginia - Mawson Lakes - I think that it will be a semi-circle route like it is now. My thoughts are that it will run from Salisbury via Waterloo Corner Rd, Heaslip Rd, Penfield Rd, Leach St loop, Old Port Wakefield Rd, Port Wakefield Rd, Ryans Rd, George St, Elder Smith Dr to Mawson Interchange

- TT13 - also go via Jarvis Rd and March St to service the Central Districts Calvary Hospital.

- TT14 - Given the report says it goes along Nelson Rd, I'm thinking it will go along Nelson Rd and the 229 will go along Liberman Dr?

- TT16 - The report says this goes Elizabeth - Mawson - TTP. I don't think it will go down Bridge Rd and the Route 4 is already a Go Zone in its own right. I predict that he TT16 will be from TTP, Smart Rd, Reservoir Rd, Montague Rd, Mawson Lakes Bvd, Park Way, into the Uni and Mawson Lakes Town Centre and Interchange then at a guess presuming to get to Elizabeth it will go via the current 224 route via Salisbury Hwy, Salisbury, Lyell McEwin and Phillip Hwy to save doubling up on the TT15? Seems strange though to follow the 224 seeing as it competes with the train. Maybe the TT16 will go via Kings Rd somehow?

- 566 - deviate off Wynn Vale Dr right into Keithcott Farm Dr, right into Hillendale Dr and left into Golden Way to Golden Grove
Thanks for the feedback Modbury Man!! Will get that fixed asap.

Also, I'm not sure how the routes 745, 746 and 749 will run in the Outer South. 745 seems to be oddly split into half now while 749 will be a completely duplicated route from maps unless it follows the current 750X which I think it wouldn't. Can someone help me out? Cheers

Modbury_Man
Gold-Member ;)

#833 Post by Modbury_Man » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:59 pm

I think the 749 is just a short working of the 750

I'd say the 745 continues on its normal route but will then cut off into Seaford Rd to Seaford Shops and Railway Station then head to Seaford Rise down Grand Bvd and return the way it came.

The 746 will follow the existing 747 route to Seaford Railway Station then to Seaford Shops then maybe across to Tiller Dr, Esplanade, Nashwauk Cres, Griffiths Dr back to Seaford Shopping Centre and back to Collonades via Old Noarlunga.

Modbury_Man
Gold-Member ;)

#834 Post by Modbury_Man » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:11 pm

Also interesting seeing where the gaps are emerging with this New Network.

Definitely noticable around the Cavan area where the 238 and 225 used to go.

Strange Ross Smith Bvd at Oakden no longer has a bus.

Also around North East Rd with the former 507 route and McIntyre Rd on the 545 route.

Also the areas serviced by the 559 largely seem unserviced. Also quite a loss of services for the former 556/557 Valley Rd/Lower North East Rd Go Zone.

Interesting too we won't see the big gaps around Wingfield filled, nor a Port Adelaide to Mawson Lakes bus. Also Parafield Airport seems quite isolated still even with the flight training school there.

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#835 Post by adelaide transport » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:48 pm

Modbury_Man wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 pm
Re Route 59 - Port Adelaide > Arndale > Regency Park
- I don't think it will go down Torrens Rd at all as Route 17 is a Go Zone and this would be over servicing this section of road - maybe down Port Rd, Woodville Rd to Arndale given the gaps on these roads? I don't think the current route on Newcastle St is too well patronised? I think then it will end up in the Regency Park industrial area somewhere given the removal of the 239 service which services workers along South and Grand Junction Roads. I'd presume it will enter Regency Park at the Kateena St traffic lights and maybe stop near the Service SA office or loop around that area?

Also would any bus serve Ottoway (Eastern Pde) and Bedford St to the eastern end of St Vincent St? Maybe the 51 (former 361)? On most 361 runs it barely stops between Hanson Rd and the Port, so might provide some additional patronage for the route?
Possibly route 59 will follow old 252 route from Port Adelaide via Eastern Parade Grand Junction Road and Hanson Road to Arndale?

PeFe

#836 Post by PeFe » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:18 am

Bus stop changes
Bus Stop Management Plan
When: From Monday 6 April 2020

The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) is seeking to improve the travel times of Adelaide Metro services for commuters by investigating the location of bus stops along key service corridors.

The Bus Stop Management Plan project includes:

investigating the potential location of stops and shelters that may better serve Adelaide Metro passengers
identifying how different bus stop configurations may improve travel times whilst also maintaining good levels of accessibility.
Bus stops and shelters will be relocated, removed or indented as part of the plan. Changes are based on DPTI patronage, operational and road safety data.

This project is part of Keeping Metro Traffic Moving, a South Australian Government initiative to improve the efficiency, reliability and safety of the transport network, which includes both roads and public transport and extends across Greater Adelaide.

Current Projects
After close consideration of patronage, operational and road safety data, as well as feedback received from the community, the following changes will be implemented from 6 April 2020, along these key routes:

Grange Road
South Road
Magill Road
The Parade

Grange Road
Removal of stop 14 from both sides
Relocation of stop 18 from both sides, 150 metres west for travel away from the city and 80 metres west for travel towards the city
Removal of stop 19 from both sides
Relocation of stop 22 on the southern side, 180 metres west for travel away from the city
Removal of stop 23 from both sides
Due to community feedback:

Stop 26A will remain in its current location
For information on the upcoming changes along Grange Road please see map here.

Due to the above, new timetables will be implemented from 6 April 2020 for the following routes:

110, 115 and 300

South Road
Removal of stop 11 from both sides
Removal of stop 13 from both sides
Relocation of stop 12 eastern side, 80 metres north for travel away from the city
Removal of stop 23 on the western side
For information on the upcoming changes along South Road please see map here.

Due to the above, new timetables will be implemented from 6 April 2020 for the following routes:

640-720, 721, 722, 733

Magill Road
Removal of stop 7 on the northern side
Removal of stop 8 on the southern side

Stop 4 and 5 will no longer be combined
Stop 8 on the southern side will be removed rather than relocated
Stop 10 will remain in its current location
Stop 14 will remain in its current location
Stop 7 on the southern side will remain in its current location
For information on the upcoming changes along Magill Road please see map here.

The Parade
Removal of stop 13 on the southern side
Renumber of stop 14 to stop 13 on the southern side
Removal of stop 14 on the northern side
Removal of stop 15A from both sides
Removal of stop 16B from both sides
Removal of stop 17A from both sides
Relocation of stop 17B northern side, 140 metres west for travel away from the city

Stop 7 will remain in its current location
For information on the upcoming changes along The Parade please see map here.

H20, H22, H30, H33

If you have any enquiries regarding the Bus Stop Management Plan or the Keeping Metro Traffic Moving Initiative please phone 1300 794 880 or email [email protected].

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... ement-Plan

adelaide transport
High Rise Poster!

#837 Post by adelaide transport » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 pm

I would imagine that when these new services/routes begin operation later in the year , the current Edinburgh Depot will close as there will no longer be J1,500,502 routes and there is the current (Southlink) Elizabeth Depot nearby.

NTRabbit
High Rise Poster!

#838 Post by NTRabbit » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:32 pm

Another question, with the G20/21/22 gone, will the N21 still exist? Night moves is the only public transport to the south east that doesn't involve selling a kidney to pay for a taxi or an uber. I'm already annoyed that it doesn't exist on the more useful to me Friday nights, deleting it from Saturday as well would be terrible, especially since they're never going to run the trains after midnight.

Modbury_Man
Gold-Member ;)

#839 Post by Modbury_Man » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:55 pm

NTRabbit wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:32 pm
Another question, with the G20/21/22 gone, will the N21 still exist? Night moves is the only public transport to the south east that doesn't involve selling a kidney to pay for a taxi or an uber. I'm already annoyed that it doesn't exist on the more useful to me Friday nights, deleting it from Saturday as well would be terrible, especially since they're never going to run the trains after midnight.
I'd presume that they are still going to run but will just operate with normal route numbers unless they follow non-standard routes that deviate from the day route e.g. N222.

ChillyPhilly

#840 Post by ChillyPhilly » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:57 pm

I would hope that the Saturday night Nxxx buses aren't cut. They're extremely useful.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.