News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
1NEEDS2POST
Gold-Member ;)

Re: News & Discussion: Roads & Traffic

#1126 Post by 1NEEDS2POST » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:18 am

Driving at night in the rain, it's annoying that most main roads lack cat's eyes with lane markings.

Eurostar
High Rise Poster!

#1127 Post by Eurostar » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:20 am

Temporary speed limit changes (60) on Main North Road in the vicinity of Kudla in preparation for the new traffic lights at the intersection of Main North Road/Dalkeith Road/Smith Road.

drsmith
Legendary Member!

#1128 Post by drsmith » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:23 am

An update on plans for the Port Wakefield Road duplication through the town and overpass at the intersection to the north;
The Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Local Government Stephan Knoll said they were investigating whether they make the overpass two lanes which would remove all at-grade turn movements at the intersection.
That would make more sense than the single lane overpass and would logically be in the form of a trumpet interchange.

https://www.theflindersnews.com.au/stor ... ep-closer/

Better still in my view would be to link the Balaklava Road directly to the Copper Coast Highway with a roundabout interchange at the national highway like those on the northern section of Northlink WA north of Perth. This would require the construction of a longer section of Balaklava Road than the roundabout option immediately north of the BP and hence be more expensive but would grade separate conflicting movements from both roads with the National Highway with one interchange.

OlympusAnt
High Rise Poster!

#1129 Post by OlympusAnt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:27 am

They should do a roundabout up at Port Wakefield
Follow me on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/135625678@N06/

drsmith
Legendary Member!

#1130 Post by drsmith » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:16 am

A roundabout interchange of the type shown from about 1 minute into the following video would be ideal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olhygH4-JtY

Just imagine Kadina to the west (left) Port Augusta to the north (up), Balaklava to the east (right) and Port Wakefield to the south (down) with one of those roundabout interchanges. Possibly not of that scale, but that general design.

drsmith
Legendary Member!

#1131 Post by drsmith » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Of interest from a recent local forum for the Port Wakefield Road duplication and overpass project;
Member for Frome Geoff Brock also attended on the night and he explains that although this is not his electorate it affects his people and he will be following it very closely.

“I had at least 20 people come up to me and give me their views and their views ranged from the overpass at crash corner is a waste of money and is only to satisfy situations that occur only two or three times a year.

“After the last election, I spoke to the premier about the future direction of what I am looking for in the next four years and even though it is not in my electorate, one of the things the government needs to do is make a decision on whether they put it through Wakefield or bypass it. They need to make a commitment one way or the other”, Mr Brock said.
https://www.theflindersnews.com.au/stor ... ass-given/

It would seem from the above that a bypass is not yet out of the question.

Eurostar
High Rise Poster!

#1132 Post by Eurostar » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:20 pm

According to Building Our Future, Crittenden Roads in Smithfield Plains will be connected up

PD2/20
High Rise Poster!

#1133 Post by PD2/20 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Eurostar wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:20 pm
According to Building Our Future, Crittenden Roads in Smithfield Plains will be connected up
Is there a link or reference?