[COM] Southern Expressway Duplication | $445m | 22km

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Rene
Gold-Member ;)

[COM] Re: U/C: Southern Expressway Duplication | $445m | 22km

#406 Post by Rene » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:42 am

85trainfan wrote:The O"Sullivan Beach Rd bridge now has all beams in place and the re enforcing all laid, A DPTI letterbox drop this week claims the Bridge should be open by Easter
I drove past yesterday and it looks like they might just make for Easter :D

Paulns
Donating Member
Donating Member

#407 Post by Paulns » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Any photos of what's happening with this project?!! Can't wait until its completed!
"SA GOING ALL THE WAY".

85trainfan
High Rise Poster!

#408 Post by 85trainfan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:46 pm

O'Sullivan Beach Rd Bridge is now open, With a 40kph limit. Footpaths and some barrier works are still to be completed.
Eagerly awaiting for DPTI to give the short notice of the Flaxmill Rd bridge closure now :roll:
Regards Jarrod

Any posts made are my own opinion and do not represent any organisation with which I am associated.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#409 Post by neoballmon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:46 pm

O'Sullivan Road Bridge is apparently open again according to DTPI's facebook page. I'm yet to cross it, but here's some pictures.

Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#410 Post by neoballmon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:47 pm

85trainfan wrote:Eagerly awaiting for DPTI to give the short notice of the Flaxmill Rd bridge closure now :roll:
I just asked about this on their Facebook page, so hopefully there will be an answer tomorrow. :)

Rene
Gold-Member ;)

#411 Post by Rene » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:21 pm

Yes it has been opened for public use, however there is still quite a bit of "finishing" to do...

Another photo...

Rene
Gold-Member ;)

#412 Post by Rene » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 pm

My guess is Flaxmill Rd may be closed after Elizabeth Road (bridge) is reopened...

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#413 Post by neoballmon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:55 am

Rene wrote:My guess is Flaxmill Rd may be closed after Elizabeth Road (bridge) is reopened...
That still seems a long way off though. Although the signs day April, I highly doubt that. When I last saw lat week, there were no beams in place on theWestern side of the roadway, and the Eastern side was still dug up for whatever reason it is (does anyone know? It's got me baffled)

I think Beach Road is a suitable detour still for the closure, as well as O'Sullivan.

Archer
High Rise Poster!

#414 Post by Archer » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:30 am

From a Recent DPTI E-News Mail out:
DPTI wrote:Elizabeth Road bridge works continue and are expected to be completed by mid May 2013.

Moore Road bridge works continue and are now expected to be complete in mid June 2013.
The eastern side of the Elizabeth round bridge has been dug up so they can install the new Cycle/pedestrian path as a tunnel underneath the road, the original path which went underneath the bridge has been removed, I'm guessing to provide sufficient length to the exit lane for the Beach Road Interchange.

I don't think Flaxmill road will be closed until at least Elizabeth Road has been re-opened, and they may even wait for further works to be completed on Beach road so traffic flows more freely through that area. I have not seen any specific information on this though.

Archer
High Rise Poster!

#415 Post by Archer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:40 pm

The Bridge Beams for the Elizabeth Road Bridge were lifted into position today, unfortunately did not have a camera with me.

Rene
Gold-Member ;)

#416 Post by Rene » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Archer wrote:The eastern side of the Elizabeth round bridge has been dug up so they can install the new Cycle/pedestrian path as a tunnel underneath the road, the original path which went underneath the bridge has been removed, I'm guessing to provide sufficient length to the exit lane for the Beach Road Interchange.

I don't think Flaxmill road will be closed until at least Elizabeth Road has been re-opened, and they may even wait for further works to be completed on Beach road so traffic flows more freely through that area. I have not seen any specific information on this though.
From what I saw this arvo, there still seems to be a long way to go before Elizabeth Road is reopened - the proposed mid May date seems optimistic at the moment. Beach Rd east of the expressway has been narrowed slightly while they're constructing what looks like a long slip lane on the northern side.

Archer
High Rise Poster!

#417 Post by Archer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:48 am

Rene wrote: From what I saw this arvo, there still seems to be a long way to go before Elizabeth Road is reopened - the proposed mid May date seems optimistic at the moment. Beach Rd east of the expressway has been narrowed slightly while they're constructing what looks like a long slip lane on the northern side.
Now that the beams are in place, I would expect the work on this bridge to proceed very quickly, I thnk it'll be tight, but they might just make it for a mid May (maybe late May) reopening.

The Beach road alignment yesterday was moved with all traffic now moved across to the newly constructed lanes. I can't quite see what the reasoning for this is at the moment, but I'm sure it'll become apparent over the next couple of weeks.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#418 Post by neoballmon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:51 am

Wow they were quick with that. I think it was only Monday I went past and they were putting down the first layer of the roadway. I'd assume it's so they can start extending the bridge over the now closed roadway.

Archer
High Rise Poster!

#419 Post by Archer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:01 pm

neoballmon wrote:Wrote they were quick with that. I think it was only Monday I went past and they were putting down the first layer of the roadway. I'd assume it's so they can start extending the bridge over the now closed roadway.
Yeah, the road is only one layer thick and well short of the new kerb level. This is also why I think it's a bit odd. The section of closed road does not include the bridge at all. The new bridge deck is not yet complete so traffic is still using the existing original bridge. The closed section of beach road that traffic is diverted around is well clear of both the bridge works and any works that would be involded in connecting the new on ramps to Beach Road. Perhaps they will be undergounding the powerlines on that side of the road? Or perhaps beginning the rebuild of that side of Beach road? No Idea really what they're doing.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#420 Post by neoballmon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:11 pm

Archer wrote:
neoballmon wrote:Wrote they were quick with that. I think it was only Monday I went past and they were putting down the first layer of the roadway. I'd assume it's so they can start extending the bridge over the now closed roadway.
Yeah, the road is only one layer thick and well short of the new kerb level. This is also why I think it's a bit odd. The section of closed road does not include the bridge at all. The new bridge deck is not yet complete so traffic is still using the existing original bridge. The closed section of beach road that traffic is diverted around is well clear of both the bridge works and any works that would be involded in connecting the new on ramps to Beach Road. Perhaps they will be undergounding the powerlines on that side of the road? Or perhaps beginning the rebuild of that side of Beach road? No Idea really what they're doing.
Well one layer is definitely not smart, heavy vehicles will crack the surface before the month ends. And that's got me curious now if they haven't moved traffic completely off the old roadway. Night have to have a look this afternoon