[COM] Southern Expressway Duplication | $445m | 22km

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
Archer
High Rise Poster!

[COM] Re: U/C: Southern Expressway Duplication | $445m | 22km

#421 Post by Archer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Well, Beach Road has been brought back to it's normal alignment, It was only a very short change of a few days. It was definately for power line works to prepare to bring the powerlines under beach road and across the new bridge. Similar works were done on the Eastern side of the express way a month or so back.

A concrete pour also happened on the new Beach Road bridge over the weekend.

This morning concrete crews were pouring on the new bridge over Sturt creek at Darlington.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#422 Post by neoballmon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Photo Update! From Saturday afternoon.

Elizabeth Road, Eastern side of bridge, with the pedestrian underpass structure built.

Elizabeth Road, Western side of bridge, beams in place.

From Sugarbush Path. Barrier segments being placed. Strangely once off the truck, they were just putting them in a pile on the other side of the path, which they must have moved later on.
Note the girl with the Stop/Slow sign. Is she really necessary? The expressway was closed and the only vehicles were construction or traffic management. Surely they are responsible enough to stop when required, without signage.

New Southbound off ramp at Sherriffs Road. Starting to take shape where it will be.
Southbound off-ramp from top of ramp.

From Monday. Field River bridge. Currently only side segments are in place. (Sorry for quality, only from phone camera, and closest point for photo still far away. Will take proper camera next time.)
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Waewick
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#423 Post by Waewick » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 am

thanks for the update.

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#424 Post by HeapsGood » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Cheers for photos mate!
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

Uncle Monty
High Rise Poster!

#425 Post by Uncle Monty » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Love that second photo Neoballmon, I can see the house that I grew up in! Lived there for over 20 years...

Rene
Gold-Member ;)

#426 Post by Rene » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Today's edition of Southern Times Messenger at p.14 lists a notice from DPTI re Sherriffs Road disruption late April - Dec 2013, including weekend closures whilst bridge beams are being put in place. I noted there was no info re this on the DPTI site at this time.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#427 Post by Norman » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:29 am

Rene wrote:Today's edition of Southern Times Messenger at p.14 lists a notice from DPTI re Sherriffs Road disruption late April - Dec 2013, including weekend closures whilst bridge beams are being put in place. I noted there was no info re this on the DPTI site at this time.
http://webapps.transportsa.com.au/news/ ... a=2320&z=1
Sherriffs Road interchange works for Southern Expressway Duplication
Friday, 19 April 2013

Work to modify the Sherriffs Road Interchange will be undertaken from late April 2013 until December 2013, as part of the $407.5 million Southern Expressway Duplication project.

These works involve constructing the new expressway bridge and the new northbound and southbound off-ramps.

Sherriffs Road will remain open but with changed traffic conditions including reduced speed limits and lane restrictions to enable works to be undertaken safely and efficiently. Access to Brodie Road will be maintained at all times.

Work will generally be undertaken from Monday to Saturday between 6.00 am and 7.00 pm, weather permitting.

During the construction period, there will be weekend closures of Sherriffs Road at the expressway whilst bridge beams are lifted into place. Advanced warning signs will be used to notify road users of these closures and detours will also be clearly marked.

Local residents, business owners and workers are reminded to be mindful of the increase in the number of construction vehicles and equipment moving through the area.

Pedestrian and cyclist access will be maintained throughout the construction works.

The $407.5 million duplication of the Southern Expressway is a key part of the development of Adelaide's north-south corridor and, when complete, will deliver an 18.5 kilometre multi-lane, two-way expressway between Bedford Park and Old Noarlunga by mid-2014.

For more information visit www.dpti.sa.gov.au/southern_expressway_duplication or call the project team on 1300 626 097.

The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) thanks road users for their patience.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#428 Post by Norman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:26 pm

Drive-along from today

[Shuz]

#429 Post by [Shuz] » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 am

Fab video & soundtrack. Thanks Norm.

The '1st stage' section is going to be 4x3 isn't it? Doesn't look like there's enough room for the fourth citybound lane... time will tell I guess.
Any views and opinions expressed are of my own, and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation with.

ChillyPhilly

#430 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:11 am

Norman wrote:Drive-along from today

Jesus, were you doing like 400k's? :lol:

Great stuff Norm. It's taking shape quicker than many of us suspect, I think.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#431 Post by neoballmon » Fri May 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Great video, thanks :)
ChillyPhilly wrote:It's taking shape quicker than many of us suspect, I think.
Most definitely! A couple of pics from this afternoon, Bitumen at the far southern end has been laid between Perry path and the Expy start/end.

Obviously, these pictures were taken by a bird with a camera taped to it, as I would never enter a construction site :roll:
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Rene
Gold-Member ;)

#432 Post by Rene » Thu May 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Just a quick shot of the Elizabeth Road bridge taken this morning as I was cruising nearby. Still a fair way from reopening I'd say...

Last edited by Rene on Thu May 16, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archer
High Rise Poster!

#433 Post by Archer » Thu May 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Rene wrote:Just a quick shot of the Elizabeth Road bridge taken this morning as I was cruising nearby. Still a fair way from reopening I'd say...
There have been additional delays with the Elizabeth Road Bridge, the re-opening has been rescheduled now for Mid-June, as posted on the DPTI Facebook feed.

Also, your image link isn't working.

Notification of works at Marion road interchange have also now been provided:
Duplication News Email wrote: Works to modify the Marion Road interchange for the Southern Expressway Duplication project will be undertaken from Monday 20 May 2013 until January 2014.
These works involve constructing the new expressway bridge and south-bound off-ramps and undertaking modifications to the existing ramp.
Throughout construction works Marion Road will generally remain open but will be subject to changed traffic conditions including reduced speed limits, lane modifications and lane restrictions to enable works to be undertaken safely and efficiently. These changes will be implemented on Monday 20 May 2013.
There will also be a requirement for some weekend and overnight closures of Marion Road at the expressway.
Work will generally be undertaken from Monday to Saturday between 6am and 7pm (weather permitting).At times, it may be necessary for crews to work outside of these times. If this is the case, advance notification will be provided.
Local residents, business owners and workers will notice an increase in the number of construction vehicles and equipment moving through the area during the bridge works and broader expressway duplication work.
There are currently some scheduled weekend and overnight closures of Marion Road at the expressway – as below:
  • From 7:30pm on Friday 25 May until 5:30am on Monday 27 May 2013
  • From 7.30pm – 5.30am on Monday 27 May 2013
  • From 7.30pm – 5.30am on Tuesday 28 May 2013
  • From 7.30pm – 5.30am on Wednesday 29 May 2013
  • From 9.30pm – 5.30am on Thursday 30 May 2013
Throughout these closures Marion Road will be closed at Sturt Road. Motorists can detour via Sturt Road to Diagonal Road or Main South Road. Marion Road will also be closed at Main South Road and motorists can detour via Main South Road and Seacombe Road. Entry/exit of the Southern Expressway will be via Main South Road.

Rene
Gold-Member ;)

#434 Post by Rene » Thu May 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Archer wrote:Also, your image link isn't working.
Should be Ok now - discovered I pasted wrong link - thanks for alerting me :oops:

Rene
Gold-Member ;)

#435 Post by Rene » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Elizabeth Road bridge not too far from reopening I guess - bitumen has been laid and temporary pedestrian access across the bridge currently in place.

Looking east:

Looking west: