[U/C] M2 North-South Motorway

Threads relating to transport, water, etc. within the CBD and Metropolitan area.
alexczarn
Gold-Member ;)

[U/C] Re: News & Discussion: South Road / North-South Corridor

#1951 Post by alexczarn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:05 pm

HeapsGood wrote:I know there has been discussion on linking the SE Freeway with the the Sth/Nth Corridor I saw a few pages back.

What do you see at the best way to achieve this?

The end of the SE Freeway, traveling down Cross Road, linking up to the corridor?

The end of the SE Freeway, down Glen Osmond Road, down Greenhill - linking up to the corridor?

Would there be any viability in the option below? (although I imagine it probably goes through a hell of a lot of hills and would be expensive.)
That is more or less the original MATS Foothills Expwy plan, although that was more of an Upper Sturt Rd Route.
Last edited by alexczarn on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeapsGood
High Rise Poster!
Location: At the Adelaide Airport thankfully now not having to use a Dyson Airblade

#1952 Post by HeapsGood » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:22 pm

ah well waddya know...
Attachments
MATS_recommendations_small2.jpg
MATS_recommendations_small2.jpg (178.23 KiB) Viewed 3300 times
*Looks at Dyson Airblade Factory* "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

claybro
Super Size Scraper Poster!

#1953 Post by claybro » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:03 pm

HeapsGood wrote:A few pages back there were suggestions on linking the SE Freeway with the the Sth/Nth Corridor.

Still something that can be achieved? What is the best way to do this?

The end of the SE Freeway, traveling down Cross Road, linking up to the corridor?

The end of the SE Freeway, down Glen Osmond Road (thus going straight to the CBD), down Greenhill - linking up to the corridor?

Would there be any viability in the option below? (although I imagine it probably goes through a hell of a lot of hills and would be expensive.)
The MATS plan was envisaged of more a commuter freeway system and thankfully we have moved on from the thinking of commuter freeways. That being said, there is still an obvious need to freeways/expressways to cater for the explosion of commercial delivery traffic over the last decades, and also to take some pressure of the arterials freeing them up for local traffic which is also increasing as the suburbs become more dense. Most heavy transport either heads down Portrush road for Northern freight or Cross roads for Southern destinations. Any connection from SE Freeway to N/S motorway should aim to solve both of these issues, so realistically widen Cross road to N/S motorway, ( I believe up until recently this was the preferred option) or tunnel under Glen Osmond, Greenhill and through Richmond to an interchange with the N/s motorway. Wherever it joins, there will be an outcry, because the interchange will require a lot of clearing. Possibly the Richmond area would cause the least disruption, and be closer to the airport. Either solution would resolve a big problem of congestion currently with trucks currently along Port Rush/ Hampstead road route.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1954 Post by Norman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:50 pm

The western part of Taylors Bridge across the Torrens River will be widened over the next 9 months, starting from this month.

crawf
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1955 Post by crawf » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Norman wrote:The western part of Taylors Bridge across the Torrens River will be widened over the next 9 months, starting from this month.
Will this include six lanes of traffic?

Mr Messy
Gold-Member ;)

#1956 Post by Mr Messy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:30 pm

The current drawing shows 5 but there is that many currently.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

neoballmon
Legendary Member!

#1957 Post by neoballmon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:06 pm

I recall seeing (from early plans) that the Adam road turnoff was closed and it was 3 lanes through on each direction.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Looking forward to a free-flowing Adelaide!

Mr Messy
Gold-Member ;)

#1958 Post by Mr Messy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:32 pm

The current plan on the website is 2 northbound, 3 southbound and no right turns at adam St.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ChillyPhilly

#1959 Post by ChillyPhilly » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

mawsonguy
High Rise Poster!

#1960 Post by mawsonguy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Just went north on the T2T stretch. Lots of excavation of the lowered section south of Grange Rd, South of the railawy bridge and 100m North of the railway bridge. Once again amazed that the State Government hasn't taken the $30 million it saved from the Northern Connector and done the Pym Street Bridge now. It would save millions compared with doing it later. Then again, it's not a marginal electorate.

Llessur2002

#1961 Post by Llessur2002 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:59 pm

Neither is it (mainly) the State Government's money. Can they just redirect funds at will?

SouthAussie94
Legendary Member!

#1962 Post by SouthAussie94 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Does anyone know where I'd be able to find photos of the Darlington area prior to the early/mid 90s upgrade? Street view obviously doesn't go back that far..
"All we are is bags of bones pushing against a self imposed tide. Just be content with staying alive"

Views and opinions expressed are my own and don't necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any organisation of which I have an affiliation

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1963 Post by Norman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:25 pm

SouthAussie94 wrote:Does anyone know where I'd be able to find photos of the Darlington area prior to the early/mid 90s upgrade? Street view obviously doesn't go back that far..
Try the State Library or National Library archives.

ChillyPhilly

#1964 Post by ChillyPhilly » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:18 pm

mawsonguy wrote:Just went north on the T2T stretch. Lots of excavation of the lowered section south of Grange Rd, South of the railawy bridge and 100m North of the railway bridge. Once again amazed that the State Government hasn't taken the $30 million it saved from the Northern Connector and done the Pym Street Bridge now. It would save millions compared with doing it later. Then again, it's not a marginal electorate.
It may be an elevated road along that stretch to the Motorway - at least, that's the preferred option for traversing Regency Road.
Our state, our city, our future.

All views expressed on this forum are my own.

Norman
Donating Member
Donating Member

#1965 Post by Norman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:19 am

For those interested in the Darlington Project, a newsletter has just been published:
http://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/__d ... _v9web.pdf

Also, I didn't know it was made public, but the Project Assessment Report was released in October 2016. View it here:
http://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/__d ... r_2016.pdf